Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Heroes General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Since the season 3 premiere is only 2 weeks away (FINALLY) I was curious to know if all you past Heroes fans will still tune in. Did last season disappoint you enough to where you just don't care about the show anymore, or are you waiting with anticipation to find out what the next season holds, OR are you somewhere in between? animated_scratchchin.gif

BuxomBlonde

BuxomBlonde

Prediction Challenge Hostess

• Pip
  • 1,204 posts
I'm still a fan.
Last season was pretty good. (I enjoyed it, at least.)
It's just that the writer's strike put a halt to the season before they could work up to what they were going for.

I have faith in the writers, and am really looking forward to this season.
It's got to be hard to top that first season, but I know they can do it.

IHeartTVMore

IHeartTVMore

• Pip
  • 10 posts
i really liked the season premiere, but then after that... i got annoyed with all the extra plotlines again. i dvr'ed this week's and still haven't watched it yet. what do you think of this season so far?

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
It's a mixed bag, IMO. Some of the season, so far, disappoints me. I think the writers are trying too hard to make up for last season and are throwing too many characters out there but not enough intersecting plotlines to make the one big plot come together. I'm still hoping that there will be a big pay off in the end that will make it all worth it though. I am finding that my thoughts on certain characters have totally changed from last season- and that may be exactly what the writers are trying to do - make the lines a bit muddled so we keep asking ourselves exactly who are the "angels" and who are the "monsters"?? I will admit that I really, really, REALLY hate the Mohinder and Maya plotline right now-it's almost laughable, what with the stringy cocoons and all. If it were up to me I'd just kill off Maya and make Mohinder find a cure for himself. Or kill him off too, I don't care. - At this point, I'm ready to move on...

sonoerin

sonoerin

• Pip
  • 1,702 posts
Hey Kayo! Sounds like you and me have been feeling the same. It seems as though there might be a unifying thread to tie some of these lines together . . . . . The Petrelli's Baby Daddy might be the key here. I'm kinda interested in what his power might be and how he's going to play into all this. I'm going to be cautiously optimistic that the writers can pull this mess back together smile.gif

sonoerin

sonoerin

• Pip
  • 1,702 posts
Hi Kayo! I just wanted to say Thanks for keeping this Topic going. I imagine it gets old if you think nobody is even coming in to read any of the threads.

I for one appreciate it! I keep coming in and checking your posts and feeling bad that there's no discussion going on about this show. I'd probably feel better if we had some people even talking about their disappointment with the show. It seems like NO ONE cares for Heroes anymore, and it saddens me. I still like the show, and I still watch it every week!

I love the "Over-The-Top", almost unbelievable evilness of Daddy Petrelli. I'm just waiting to find out why Sylar saved Peter after apparently joining forces with "Dad"! I'm hoping that we get to see Hiro stop with the wimpy thing and turn into the "Kickin' Butt and Taking Names Later" future Hiro we saw in season 1!

There are some really good storylines going that have me hooked again! So . . . once again, Thanks Kayo! cheers.gif

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Thanks so much for your kind words, sonoerin! It does get a little discouraging that not many post in this thread, but I have to admit that I haven't been posting as much lately myself.

This last episode, however, as restored a bit of my faith in the show and the writers. It was much, much better than previous ones and seemed to tie up some bothering questions I had- such as, who to root for. Although several of the characters are still in that realm of greyness, as I call it. That is, we aren't quite sure where they'll ultimately end up or where their true loyalties lie (Tracy, Sylar and Mr. Bennet come to mind). But the most recent episode answered alot by showing the back story of Angela and Daddy Petrelli. What I got out of it is that Angela is basically good, she's just a mother bear who will protect her "cubs" at all costs- even if it means using people or killing husbands. Mr. Petrelli, on the other hand, is definitely pure evil with no redeeming qualities. This was a smart move on the writers part because viewers love to have an ultimate villain to hate and an ultimate hero or heroes to root for (Peter, Hiro and Claire fit the bill). And by moving Sylar (for the time being) into that grey area, they had to have someone for us to boo and hiss at!

A couple of questions and observations I had from this episode:

1. How was Mr. Petrelli able to get a one upmanship on the painting psychic, and WHY did he have to take off his head??

2. What was he doing to Hiro- taking his powers?

3. I've thought about this quite a bit (don't ask me why) and I think I've come to the conclusion that, imo, the most powerful power to have would be the Haitian's. Hands down. No one would ever be able to touch you. Of course, I suppose they could just pull out a gun and shoot you or run you over with a bus or something...naw, I'm thinking too much... cool.gif

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,225 posts
I've gotten a little lost. I like it still but I had to mult-task during a couple of episodes and started to get confused. So I'm coming here to figure out what I need to figure out, if that makes sense ...

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
sisu- I'm sorry I didn't see your post until now and I forgot that I hadn't posted any comments on the last episode.
Actually the episode before last did the best job at clarifying a few things and was my favorite one this season...and then last week's episode muddied everything up again! I am really struggling with where they are going (at this point) with the show. Another eclipse? rolleyes.gif And what was with the whole Sylar and Elle "romantic" zapping scene? Did anyone else wonder why his shirt zapped off so easily but his pants stayed magically intact? Oh, that's right, this is tv. And is anyone else besides me hoping that they do away with the "Hiro as a 10 year old" storyline PRONTO? I don't want to see Hiro and Ando constantly be the comic relief...it makes me long for future Hiro (the one Peter encountered in the subway in season one)to return!
I guess I'm a bit sad because I have been a huge fan of the show since season 1-episode 1, and I fear the writers are sinking the show. I do hope that the ones that left the show (or were fired) were the cause, and that now that they are gone the show will return to its former glory.

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
i am four episodes behind.......well, five after tonite. i just can't seem to get into it this season. i don't know why. its getting to convoluted and way too hard to relate to anymore. who's good, who's bad, who's right, who's wrong? i just can't tell anymore. and i have no character that i'm "rooting" for anymore.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
i am four episodes behind.......well, five after tonite. i just can't seem to get into it this season. i don't know why. its getting to convoluted and way too hard to relate to anymore. who's good, who's bad, who's right, who's wrong? i just can't tell anymore. and i have no character that i'm "rooting" for anymore.

The question of who to root for gets answered a little bit in the episode "Villains", however, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head as to why this show has been losing some viewers.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Tonight marks the return of Heroes (season 3, episode 14 "Clear and Present Danger"). I realize I'm helping to host the Heroes forum but, I have to admit, they're going to have to pull off an amazing comeback for me to return to being an avid fan of the show again. I may end up having to turn in my "hosting" hat but I'll give the show one more shot...

sonoerin

sonoerin

• Pip
  • 1,702 posts
Well, what did you think Kayo? I kinda liked the opening of the new arc. I enjoyed the pace being a little slower instead of jumping from story to story so rapidly. I wasn't totally in love with the first half of the season, but I feel that this half might be different.

I was intrigued with Sylar. I was waiting for him to destroy the guy he thought was his Dad after he gave Sylar the real Dad's address. You could see him raise his hand and consider, then drop his hand and walk out! Hmmmmmmmmm!

It did seem a little more like season 1 to me. I'm not so sure I'm buying in to Claire being a kick butt super hero type! animated_scratchchin.gif

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
There are things I like about the direction they're going and things I don't like-

I do like the idea of the "core" heroes bonding together to fight off the villains/bad heroes. I was drawn into the storyline much more by the end of the episode, when they were on the cargo plane.

What I didn't like was the sketchiness of the "bad" guys and found it confusing...but maybe that's their intention. Anyway, I didn't like it. It's still hard for me to accept that Nathan has become the ultimate bad guy. And the fact that he also has powers makes his stance seem all the more contradictory. Couldn't someone else turn him in at any given moment? And why is mommy dearest working with him- what about her precious Peter? And Mr. Bennett?? What the...? It's not making sense to me. Oh, and didn't Peter lose his powers during the first part of the season?

I guess the thing I find most problematic is the way the show switches gears so much- I think they need to have a more cohesive, running storyline each season.

I still love Peter, Parkman and Hiro...and I actually like Claire becoming a little more independent and tough. It worked for me.

R23R23

R23R23

• Pip
  • 8 posts
i think that heroes first season was the best but then on it was rubbish cos it got confusing and more people rolleyes4.gif no.gif
are just jumping in and it has gone completley BORING!

sleep1.gif

thequeenjoni

thequeenjoni

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1,778 posts
I watched the 1st season, REALLY tried to get into it but, just wasnt interested enough to follow it the next season

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Dade, I owe you a HUGE debt of gratitude and an apology. After I got slammed at work and in my personal life with added hours and responsibilities, I totally checked out on the Heroes board. I finally have to admit though that I've given up on the show. It's become a thin shell of the the great show it was in season one and I finally threw in the towel two weeks ago. Thank you so much for keeping the info updated and I apologize to you and those here at Morty's who enjoy the show for dropping the ball.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
No Problem Kayo, I just add it to rest of the spoilers. This is one show I never got into. I think I would have gotten upset with all the killing off of the characters, I get too attatched. LOL

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,774 posts
Greg Grunberg confident 'Heroes' will be back!
Source: http://ausiellofiles...s-will-be-back/

Ratings shmatings. Greg Grunberg says Heroes will be back next fall for a fifth season — and he’s got proof. “We wrapped yesterday and the [final episode] is nowhere near a series finale,” he told us at last night’s People’s Choice Awards. “It is cliffhanger-y and exciting, but it is nowhere near an end to a series that people are so invested in. It does not tie everything up in a neat bow… I don’t have any doubt that the show will be back.”

Grunberg cites Heroes‘ strong DVD sales and international success as two reasons the show will go on. “We will wrap it up properly in the next season and get to 100 episodes,” he maintains. “At least that’s what I would like to see happen. They take so much care in writing the show that I would hope we get the chance to end it right.

“Lost announced an end [date] and I think that helped both the people working on the show and the people watching it,” he continues. “They see the finish line and I think it gives them something tangible to invest in and be excited about. It’s like it’s a movie and they want to see the end of it. That’s what I hope happens with our show.”

Speaking of Lost, Grunberg confirms that his ill-fated Oceanic pilot will play a role in the show’s Feb. 2 season premiere. What’s the context? “Well, with [Lost], they go back and forth in time so you have no idea when and where the last season will take place,” he says. “I may get eaten all over again!” (Reporting by Carrie Bell)

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,774 posts
Source: Buddy TV
5 Reasons NBC Should Cancel 'Heroes'
Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Now that Heroes has finished season 4, the ball is in NBC's court about renewing it for yet another season. Given NBC's recent track record of decision-making, we suspect Heroes will be renewed for another five seasons right after The Biggest Loser is expanded to three-hour episodes.

But this is a very bad idea. Despite ending with "To Be Continued," the start of Volume 6 is as good as any place to end the series. Keeping Heroes on the air is a deadly mistake NBC should avoid at all costs. Here are just five of the best reasons we can think of to cancel Heroes right now.

1. The Ratings Are Terrible
If NBC wants to get out of the gutter, keeping Heroes isn't the way to do it. It's rare for a show to have such a disastrous decline in the ratings, but numbers don't lie. Here is the average number of viewers per episode of the four seasons of Heroes.
Season 1: 13.86 million
Season 2: 11.46 million
Season 3: 7.81 million
Season 4: 5.24 million

Or to put it in graph form:

In case you're bad at math, that's an 8.5 million viewer drop from season 1 to the current season, making Heroes one of NBC's lowest rated shows.

2. Hayden Panettiere's "Acting"
We're sure Hayden is a nice enough girl, but let's be honest, her acting isn't very good. Maybe it's just bad writing. Maybe it's the fact that her character has been stalled since the beginning and hasn't grown at all emotionally. Sure, she exposed her secret to the world, but the underlying problem is still that she wants to be both normal and special. The sooner Hayden is off our TV screens, the happier we'll be.

3. Nothing Matters Anymore
After four seasons, the biggest problem with Heroes is the fact that there are no ramifications to anyone's actions. Sure, Nathan is dead, but since part of his mind is still trapped inside Sylar, there's nothing to stop Sylar from morphing back into Nathan and letting his consciousness take over. After an entire season of Hiro preparing for death, he's magically cured and back to perfect health. And call me a doubter, but we've seen Sylar bounce back and forth from bad to good so many times that's it's impossible to believe his latest attempt at being a Hero. No matter how Heroes may try to change everything by exposing the secrets, the show has proven that all roads lead to Rome, or in the case of the season 4 finale, a crazy man hellbent on destroying New York City.

4. It Would Free Up Zachary Quinto
If there's one thing we agree on, it's that Zachary Quinto has huge potential. He's a great actor and incredibly handsome, and with success in Star Trek, he now has a ticket to the big leagues. Please cancel NBC so Quinto isn't burdened with such a crappy TV show.

5. It's the Only Way to Avoid Disappointment
Season 4 ended with Claire attempting to disprove her father's theory that "things change, but people don't." While it would be very nice to see that put into practice, the problem is that he's completely right. Claire still wants to be both special and normal, Peter still has to save everyone just like he did in the "Pilot" and Hiro still has all his powers and wants to fulfill his destiny.

The show has already lost its most talented writer, Bryan Fuller, TWICE! Heroes has been given chance after chance to find itself, settle down, and live up to the promise of its first season, and every time it fails. If at fourth time you don't succeed, it's time to give up.

Creator Tim Kring has proven himself to be untrustworthy when it comes to moving the story forward, so there's no reason we should think entering a "Brave New World" would change anything. Instead, let's just end on the possibility of Heroes getting better instead of the inevitability of him somehow screwing it up.

Source: Nielsens
(Images courtesy of NBC)

SlideshowThe Worst of 'Heroes' Season 4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users