Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

'Roseanne' (Syndicated Sitcom)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,702 posts
Associated Press

'Roseanne' Cast Reunites at Bowling Alley

The cast of 'Roseanne'

It's taken eight years for a Conner family reunion. But, at long last, Roseanne, Dan and the gang came together at . . . where else? A Hollywood bowling alley. For the first time since "Roseanne" ended its prime-time run in 1997, the entire original cast gathered on the evening of July 18 at the Lucky Strike Bowling Center. The occasion: Their working-class sitcom's August 30 DVD debut.

"It's taken a long time to get it out," Roseanne told the Associated Press Television News in a recent interview. "I'm happy that it's going for sale, 'cause maybe I can pay my bills. That would be cool." Roseanne was joined by co-stars John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf, as well as the three original actors to play the Conner kids: Alicia Goranson, Sara Gilbert and Michael Fishman.

"Honestly, this has already surpassed everything I kind of hoped for tonight," noted Fishman, who played the young son, D.J., and now, at age 23, has two children of his own. "Just being together, the time that we got to kind of spend waiting to do this, and walking down together," he continued. "I mean, this fills a little void that I had for a while and that I probably couldn't put my finger on. It's been amazing."

Sara Gilbert, who played daughter Darlene, noted, "It's unbelievable to see everybody. I mean, I'm so excited. I can't wait to get in there and start talking. It's a really unreal feeling cause we just haven't been together in so many years." Gilbert is preparing for a new sitcom with Melanie Griffith and Mark Linn-Baker, "Twins," to debut this fall on The WB network.

'Roseanne's' TV Family

Roseanne, 52, said she keeps in touch with the individual cast members, but was eager to see everyone in the same place. She also was excited about "bowling and having a beer. Having fun." The four-disk "Roseanne: The Complete First Season" contains 23 episodes plus a bounty of extras, including bloopers, season highlights and other features.

Roseanne contributed a new interview to the DVD set, as did Goodman, who reminisced with AP about the series' out-of-the-gate success. "It just kind of took off," he recalled. "It felt right. It was fun. And that was that. I said, 'You know, I'm having all this fun and getting paid for it.'"

The series is widely regarded as a classic, redefining the way working-class families were portrayed on television and breaking many sitcom boundaries. "I think it changed the landscape of, you know, the country, too," Roseanne observed. "It changed a lot the way people see themselves and how they make choices."

Even though Roseanne usually had a job outside of the home, she could be considered contemporary TV's original desperate housewife. Replied Roseanne: "I think you stole my joke . . . In fact, that's how I open my standup show: Original Desperate Housewife."

mikede

mikede

• Pip
  • 2,662 posts
swEEt, i have been waiting for roseanne on DVD forever, i taped them all years ago, guess i can do smoe spring cleaning!!!! Well, late summer cleaning

nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts
Roseanne rules

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
QUOTE(nebartist @ Sep 27 2005, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Roseanne rules

Absolutely!! This is one of the most F'ing funnist show to ever be on TV. Go Rosie!!!

Peripa

Peripa

• Pip
  • 63 posts
Roseanne does rule. Is season five out on DVD yet?

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Many well produced, well written, well acted, shows are entertianing to watch 1-2 times per episode, but after that their staying power quickly fades. I've seen every Roseanne episode at least 2-3 times, and I never fail to truly laugh hard even though I've seen it all before. The people involved in creating\producing the show truly understood family dynamics (and dysfunction) that exist in an average small town. A mixture of liberal and conservative values, and the typical problems they deal with daily.

In no particular order, my TV Comedy series hall of fame:

Roseanne
Sienfeld
Newhart (Not the Bob Newhart show from the 70s, but his series from the 80s).
Friends

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts
It was a great show in its prime. Nice to see all of them, it will be fun to watch. grouphug.gif

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
this is my ALL-TIME favorite show!!
wow, this show helped me out alot!
the last episode was awesome... i dont think anybody watched it and didnt cry.. even the guys, if they didnt, they wanted too!

ElisabethF50

ElisabethF50

• Pip
  • 1,648 posts
I loved the last episode, too! Great show!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
This truly is one of the best TV shows of all time. Each time I watch a episode, I laugh and laugh and laugh, even though I have seen every episode at least 2-3 times.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
This is one of my all-time favorite TV series. I, and other fans of the series, have noticed that the DVD releases are sub-par. The audio\video quality is good, but several of the seasons have edited episodes, such as season 8 & 9. The DVD packaging has errors like in season 8, that was the season Lecy Goranson returned as "Becky" but on the cover the DVD box they have a picture Sarah Chalke. Such basic mistakes leave me wondering if the people who put together the DVDs had ever seen a single episode of the series. I just imagine one of the DVD producers honestly asking "Which one is Becky and which one is Darlene? DJ is Roseanne's son right, I mean, he's not adopted or something like that?"

RockWithU

RockWithU

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I was really disappointed with the dvds as well, I really would have liked to hear some more commentaries from the cast. Roseanne is hilarious in what little we do hear.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
they are better than nothing..

I wonder if both Beckys showed up..

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I watched the episode last night of Dar's wedding, and when Dan had his heart attack.. knowing the last episode already, it was really sad to watch.. Like the beginning of the episode, he is talking about how he has really bad Heart burn.. Oh well..

I hope they come together and make a reuninon episode, or show..
Laurie Metcalf is looking old. I see her on that commercial all the time..

lisalisa

lisalisa

• Pip
  • 17 posts
I got into the reruns, but they were all shown out of order...I'd like to see it on DVD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users