Part 1 - Hoh Competition

bblifer

Jerry did horrible on the Stairway Questions POV Comp with D/M/K ... just sayin'

If he loses... I can't wait to hear his excuses.

(did he lose the airplane one because he didn't wrap the straps around his wrists ??? I might not have

heard him correctly the 15 times he mentioned it) :animated_rotfl:

listen the old coot is 75 yrs old, he has done darn good for an old guy, I do not like the way he does, but he has done really well in this game, I give credit where credit is due, he prolly should not have even been up there on that damn plane, coulda gotten hurt, even when you are older you still think you can do it all, so I do not think he is wrong for sayin this and that about why he fell of, they are bored to tears, he talks to hear himself talk, nothin else to do in there.

I've said from the beginning, he was too old for BB. He even admitted the other day that at home he doesn't eat eggs or much steak because his wife keeps an eye on him. Unhealthy eating at his age with his medical condition, isn't good.

I agree, he should not have been cast on BB, he is far too old and too much of a liability. As much as I dispise the vile pig he has managed to keep himself in the game. How? I have no idea other that folks just let him slide... hae has managed to win HoH's and POV's... When doing the 'wing and a prayer' comp (which I feel was a poor comp) he said he was afraid his hands were going to get ripped off... Heck when he came down (which I didn't see) he could have broken a hip or something. Anyone know what his medical problems consist of? I know he takes a quarry load of medicine each day...

That old oaf could have broken a hip by falling in the pool too. His body is 75 his mind (he thinks) is 25. He made it this far because the players had bigger fish to fry every time that doofus was on the block. Seen this happen before on BB. A slider, floater, hanger on-er goes to the end and possibly wins. Puke :drool:

I'll try to keep this as succinct as possible!!!!!!!!(Not always easy for an old windbag like me :animated_scratchchin: )

I've not really understood the casting of Jerry into a season of BB. He's sure not a member of the "target demographic" that all the networks lust after. Neither was Renny, but she was really entertaining in a bi-polar sort of way :grin3: . Surely, production didn't think they were going to increase a sustainable new viewership with the casting of the "oldest contestant ever on ANY reality show"! Maybe so.

I just feel that the really soft edit that Jerry has gotten isn't really fair. It's not fair to us, the viewers, and IMHO, it really wasn't even fair to Jerry.

If AG wanted to show Jerry in all his wretched splendor, or at least as much as the censors would permit, then I think the general viewership would have enjoyed the season more. You can't really cast a great hero without a wonderful villain, and I think Jerry would have been the perfect foil for the "Good Guys". They've tried to paint him as this 75 year old Grandfather who has persevered against all odds! BS I say! Those of us that have viewed the feeds religiously know that's not even close to being accurate.

He has been ostracized, but not due to his age exclusively . . . . his mouth and disposition have seen to that! He has been cast in a no-win situation for him. He truly is NOT competitive in the physical or mental comps that require speed. He might have kicked everybody's butts 25-30 years ago, but not today. So, in a way, I pity him for being miscast, and then misused in the best role he could have performed!

I apologize if this post is in the wrong thread, maybe it should have been in Jerry's thread, but I've been responding to the last few posts here!

Someone mentioned back when they held the buzzer for 14 hours and how BB doesn't want the comps going that long anymore ... but if you think about it, this one should have lasted much longer than it did! Had it really been two people battling it out, we would have had at least 3 hours worth of comp ... but given the fact Memphis and Dan had planned for one of them to "slip" after Jerry fell, well, you knew it wasn't going to last long.

You have to figure it was all spelled out in the contract and manual about the types of competitions (besides BB assuming hg watched at least part of a previous season). Therefore, I couldn't see them switching any types of comps. b/c Jerry was older. I'd also figure the comps. are decided upon well before any hg are even cast so, unfortunately, that was just tough luck for Jerry.

After all is said and done...

Jerry made it to the Final Three... and will have something to talk about for the rest of his days.

Bragging that he made it sooo far in a House full of young'uns. (no matter how he got there)

Archived