Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:46 PM
08/28 - [Dr. Addison Montgomery] may take another trip back to Seattle Grace sometime in the middle of the season, hints executive producer Shonda Rhimes. "I don't know if it's going to work with the story, and we don't want her to come back for a visit if it doesn't feel important, something only Addison can do," says Rhimes. "But the idea is on the table." Source: Entertainment Weekly
08/24 - "Do you want to move in?" [Meredith] asks. Of course [Derek] does, but after four seasons of she-loves-me, she-loves-me-not, Derek replies the only way he can: "Are you sure?" [...] "The first three episodes start the dynamic of where we are all going," reports Patrick Dempsey. "Meredith is trusting him and moving forward cautiously, and Derek is waiting there, saying, 'I'm here to support you.'" [... Kevin McKidd] who starred in last season's time-travel drama Journeyman [...] will be hanging around Seattle for at least 22 episodes. He plays a new character, brash Army surgeon Owen Hunt, who arrives at the emergency room after an auto accident. On the way to the hospital, he saves the other crash victims in the back of the ambulance. Derek, who is unaware of Hunt's heroism, gets up in his business when the rugged redhead interferes with one of his patients. "Who the hell are you?" he barks, later calling the soldier on leave from Iraq "Uncle Sam." [...] It's clear McKidd hasn't been brought aboard just to be McDreamy's worst nightmare. Love, or at least some steamy sex, seems to be in the air for Cristina Yang, who spent most of last season being depressed and mean while she got over Burke. In the first episode, Cristina most certainly gets her flirt on, giving Hunt's leg wound some extra-special attention. "He and Cristina definitely have a moment, which plays out not as we'd all expect," [Shonda] Rhimes says. "But, then, things never do." [...] Izzie's got a love story -- and it's a big one. [...] George and Lexie's love story is going to take an incredibly unexpected turn. See, Lexie loves George. She loves him. And George, so focused on finally getting another shot at being a resident, doesn't even see that she loves him. It happened while he was looking the other way. [...] Callie and Erica have a love story of their own. And, yes, it includes Mark. [... Mark is] finally going to get [a love interest.] Source: TV Guide
08/24 - Many of the medical stories this season involve couples whose relationships could shed light on Meredith and Derek's situation. In one case, when a wife throws a remote control at her man, the resulting examination of his skull reveals a tumor. Source: Kristin on E!Online
08/13 - Chief Webber is going to be whipping the staff into shape when the hospital starts to slip in the national rankings as one of the best teaching hospitals in the country. Source: Kristin on E!Online
08/13 - An upcoming episode will find some of our favorite residents wandering over to Seattle Grace's never-before-seen dermatology department -- and they will not be happy with what they find. Namely, the kind of posh work environment more consistent with a five-star spa than a hospital. Source: The Ausiello Files
07/20 - Things are going to be... awkward... between the [Callie and Erica] when Grey's returns. Source: TV Guide Online
07/12 - ABC is not officially confirming the news yet, but reliable sources tell me that Rome-ing Journeyman Kevin McKidd has just signed on the dotted line to join ABC's Grey's Anatomy for its upcoming season. Playing a surgeon who arrives at Seattle Grace fresh from a tour of duty in Iraq, McKidd will first be (barely) glimpsed during the two-hour season premiere. McKidd's character, by some accounts, ultimately will play doctor with Cristina, who has been nursing a broken heart and a seriously bruised ego ever since you-know-who didn't stop talking skedaddled out of Seattle a season ago. Source: TV Guide Online
06/14 - I hear someone may be preggers - and that someone shared a red-hot smooch in the finale! Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
01/10 - Someone - and a major someone at that - wants to be discharged from Seattle Grace, and STAT. But, as far as I can tell, that someone is not Sandra Oh. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:32 AM
Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:38 PM
09/28 - Sources confirm that ex-Alias vixen Melissa George is in final negotiations to join the cast of Grey's Anatomy as an intern with, um, an open mind toward sexuality. To wit, I'm told she's being groomed as a potential love interest for one of Grey's other two burgeoning bis, Callie or Erica. Source: The Ausiello Files
09/28 - Mary McDonnell is in advanced talks to join the drama for a multi-episode guest arc, confirms ABC. Source: Kristin on E!Online
09/18 - Callie is definitely not pregnant. [...] Lexie and George don't have a romance this season that's a major storyline (at least, not in the first part of the season); however, two other doctors we love will be hooking up, and it is most definitely major. Source: Kristin on E!Online
09/18 - Looking ahead, there's buzz that Callica may not be the only members of Seattle Grace's rapidly expanding LGBT community. Although I haven't been able to confirm this, there's a rumor going around that when the casting call for the new female intern went out last month, interested parties were told they had to be comfortable making out with both men and women. Coincidence then that the actress who got the role hails from The L Word? The show is casting the role of a female patient who develops a multi-episode crush on one of the docs. My guess: We're looking at a potential new love interest for McSteamy. Source: The Ausiello Files
09/11 - [Derek] finally ditches the trailer. "He is going to come and live in my house," [Ellen] Pompeo reveals. "And that becomes a problem. He tries to say I have to throw my roommates out. And I consider it." And after putting her through the emotional wringer last season, [Shonda] Rhimes says Bailey will find a better balance of work and marriage. Source: TV Guide
09/11 - Although [Kevin] McKidd's status is technically still recurring, I'll be shocked if he isn't made a full-time regular by the end of the season. Shonda Rhimes is apparently doing cartwheels over his work thus far. [...] L Word alum Janina Gavankar is joining the cast of Grey's Anatomy as an intern. Meanwhile, relative newcomer Brandon Scott (Cold Case) is also checking into Seattle Grace as a junior McDreamy. [...] Gavankar and Scott will start off as recurring players. Source: The Ausiello Files
Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:40 PM
- 11/26 - Jennifer Westfeldt is joining Grey's Anatomy for a multi-episode arc. [... She] is coming on as a patient. [... The crossover will] take place over the course of three episodes (Feb. 5, 12, and 19) and the only confirmed participant as of now is Kate Walsh. [...] Denny will be haunting Izzie at least through February. Source: The Ausiello Files
- 11/20 - "I think the love triangle with Denny, Izzie, and Alex is among the most interesting we've ever done. Watching the chemistry between Jeffrey and Katherine again has been really touching. I can't wait for our viewers to see where we're taking it. But what it won't involve is Izzie having a brain tumor," [Shoda Rhimes revealed... Denny will] be in at least five episodes. Source: The Ausiello Files
- 11/20 - McDreamy's getting a McMama! [Tyne Daly will be] playing Derek's mother, Carolyn Shepherd. She heads to Seattle for a quick visit in January to meet likely future daughter-in-law Meredith for the first time. Source: TV Guide
- 11/11 - Kevin McKidd is joining the show as a series regular. Source: People
- 11/08 - Sources tell TVGuide.com exclusively that ABC powerhouse Grey's Anatomy and its spin-off, Private Practice, will be embarking on a multi-episode crossover story come February sweeps. Though at this very early stage the number of episodes and the sum total of actors involved has yet to be nailed down, it can at least be confirmed that Kate Walsh's Dr. Addison Montgomery will again be walking the halls of Seattle Grace, as she did for one episode last spring (several months after Private Practice made its debut). Source: TV Guide Online
- 11/06 - A female patient named Natalie wants to leave the hospital because she'll get fired from her job at a bar if she misses any more shifts. As the doctor taking care of her fixes a bandage before she goes, he notices that Natalie has many scars. Natalie also tells the male doctor that she's been flirting with him all day and that he should have reciprocated. Source: SpoilerFix.com
- 11/04 - [The show] is now casting "star names only" for a "former military nurse who is maternal." Cristina most definitely has a "Major" romance coming on! Source: Kristin on E!Online
- 11/02 - Jessica Capshaw (The L Word, The Practice) will play Dr. Arizona Robbins, a pediatrician who's called in to consult on a case and winds up butting heads with Bailey. I hear that Capshaw has signed on for at least three episodes, though that could lead to more, and that she will make her first appearance midway through the season. Source: LA Times
Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:52 PM
Sources confirm to me exclusively that Eric Stoltz has been cast as a serial killer in need of immediate medical attention on Grey's Anatomy. The actor and future star of Sci Fi's Caprica, who proved himself to be a believable sociopath in Pulp Fiction and Killing Zoe, is on board for three episodes.
I'm told Stoltz' story, which takes a surprising turn around the second episode, will raise a myriad of thorny ethical questions for McDreamy and Co.
Stoltz didn't have to travel far for his audition: He directed several episodes of Grey's this season, including the Nov. 13 installment, "These Ties That Bind."
In other Grey's news, did you know that Jessica Capshaw is scrubbing in as a pediatric surgeon named Arizona Roberts for a multi-episode arc? If not, you just scored a bonus scoop. Congrats!
Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:18 AM
Posted 08 December 2008 - 11:50 AM
- 12/04 - Eric Stoltz (see Morty's post) has been cast as a serial killer in need of immediate medical attention on Grey's Anatomy. The actor [...] is on board for three episodes. I'm told Stoltz' story, which takes a surprising turn around the second episode, will raise a myriad of thorny ethical questions for McDreamy and Co. [...] Izzie's hallucinations are health-related -- and brain-related. And although the specific name of the ailment is being kept in the safe underneath Rhimes' desk, I'm told it's similar to an aneurysm. And every time it flares up, she sees Denny. Source: The Ausiello Files
- 12/04 - A source close to the show tells me, "The reason [the actor] has not been on is because [he or she] has been a pain in the ass lately, trying to change scenes and dialogue, being hard to work with and putting up an attitude. The higher-ups were getting tired of it, so they tweaked [him or her] out of some episodes. That's why you haven't really seen [him or her] lately." A second source seconds that emotion: "[He or she] is not really getting along too well with producers right now." Source: Kristin on E!Online
Posted 08 December 2008 - 07:24 PM
I wonder who the difficult he/she is that they are talking about. Speculation anyone??
Posted 09 December 2008 - 10:07 AM
From Entertainment Weekly
The revolving door at Grey's Anatomy has taken another shocking spin.
Multiple sources confirm that T.R. Knight has asked to be released from his contract, a request that both ABC and Grey's show-runner Shonda Rhimes appear poised to grant. "They're working out the details now," whispers an ABC insider. (A network rep was unavailable for comment.)
There's no word on when Knight would make his final appearance, but, contrary to a report on the gossip blog crazydaysandnights.com, he has not walked off the show. "He's still working," maintains my Grey's mole.
Rumors of Knight's unhappiness at Grey's date back to the early days of Isaiahgate. Per an insider, the actor was disappointed that it took Rhimes so long to publicly condemn Washington's use of the F-word, even as his co-stars (Katherine Heigl, Patrick Dempsey, etc.) rallied to his defense. (The incident led Knight to come out as a gay man.) The boss lady eventually released a statement denouncing Washington's behavior, but word is, it was too little, too late. Nonetheless, my Grey's source insists Knight does not want out of his contract for that reason, adding, "He just feels it's time to move on."
A spokesperson for Knight declined to comment for this story.
Knight's probable exit comes at a time when his character, George, has been given little to do, save for express concern over Izzie's mental state. There's no word if he'll be given a big on-screen send-off or be banished to Seattle Grace's parking garage with fellow gay Dr. Hahn. (I smell a spin-off!)
Got an exit scenario of your own you'd like to pitch? Shocked by Knight's ouster? Given his lack of screen time this season, can you blame the guy for wanting to move on? Do you hope he takes his real-life BFF, Katherine Heigl, with him? Is Grey's cursed? Comment below!
Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:30 PM
benshenkman_l.jpg 14.97KB 0 downloads
Sources confirm to me exclusively that the Tony and Golden Globe nominated thesp, most recently unseen on Fox's quickly adjourned Canterbury's Law, has been cast as the husband of Westfeldt's character.
But get this: He's not dropping by Seattle Grace to keep vigil at his ailing wife's bedside. According to a Grey's insider, he's a patient, too -- and a critical one at that. Like Westfeldt, Shenkman is signed on for multiple episodes.
I'm thinking the happy couple either got rear-ended by a UPS truck while carpooling to work, or they dove off the Space Needle as part of some botched husband-wife suicide pact. Got a better theory? Share with the class in the comments section.
Posted 17 December 2008 - 05:34 PM
- 12/12 - Jessica Capshaw is joining Grey's Anatomy for a three-episode arc as pediatrician Dr. Arizona Robbins, who comes to Seattle Grace to help Bailey on a case. Word is, she's also going to share at least one smooch with Callie Torres! Yes, I hear that Arizona will be a love interest for Callie for those three eps. Source: Kristin on E!Online
- 12/12 - New details are emerging about Jennifer Westfeldt's forthcoming arc as a patient on Grey's Anatomy. Or, I should say, new detail : She's married to Angels in America's Ben Shenkman. [...] He's not dropping by Seattle Grace to keep vigil at his ailing wife's bedside. According to a Grey's insider, he's a patient, too -- and a critical one at that. Like Westfeldt, Shenkman is signed on for multiple episodes. [...] [Eric Stoltz's serial killer character] is there to receive medical attention after he suffers a major beat down in prison. [T.R. Knight, who plays George, is in talks to be released from the show.] Source: The Ausiello Files
Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:42 AM
02/12 - According to inside sources who work on Grey's, it is likely that Heigl and Knight will make an exit at the end of the current season. Both have asked to leave the show. However, ABC needs to sign off on letting them out of their contracts, which has not been done. Source: Kristin on E!Online [Note: Shonda Rhimes claims Heigl and Knight are not leaving the show.]
02/02 - [Bailey] receives some potentially career-altering news. [...] Lots of cheesy, slow-mo, piano-scored interludes will give way to an emotional collapse [between Cristina and Owen] that is either extremely moving or ridiculously over the top. Source: The Ausiello Files
01/25 - [Denny]'ll be around at least through March, since that's when Izzie's aneurysm-esque medical condition finally gets diagnosed. [...] Sources confirm [that Faye Dunaway] has signed on for at least one episode of Grey's Anatomy to air in February. She'll play a renowned doc at the hospital who crosses paths with the Chief, Cristina and Owen. Source: The Ausiello Files
Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:08 PM
03/14 - Amy Madigan is reprising her role as Seattle Grace's on-call shrink next month on Grey's Anatomy, only this time it's not Meredith she'll be psychoanalyzing, it's Owen. [...] Also returning to Grey's is Callie's dad, played by Hector Elizondo. Pops, er, pops up in April and is shocked to discover that his daughter is now into girls. Source: The Ausiello Files
03/14 - Derek will propose. Soon. Source: Zap2It's Korbi TV
02/27 - E! News has confirmed that Jessica Capshaw, who showed up at Seattle Grace last month as hottie-blond pediatrician Arizona Robbins, has inked a contract to remain on Grey's Anatomy for the near future. [...] Our pals over at EW.com report that she'll be sticking around for the rest of this season, with an option to return as a regular come fall. Source: Kristin on E!Online
02/27 - The show may be giving Meredith another long-lost sibling -- this one a byproduct of her mother's affair with the Chief. Source: The Ausiello Files
02/23 - The latest Grey's Anatomy rumor making the rounds has Shonda Rhimes mulling a bait and switch that would find terminally ill Izzie living and George dying. In other Seattle Grace happenings, Grey's scribe Pete Nowalk sprinkled some cryptic teases into his lengthy postmortem on last night's episode. The big takeaway: Mer-Der "is not going where you think." Source: The Ausiello Files
Posted 12 April 2009 - 08:31 AM
04/05 - [Cristina and Owen] are far from over. As Kevin McKidd himself told EW's Jennifer Armstrong, the exes will be thrown "a huge curveball that neither of them see coming. Just as he starts to get over his thing, something else happens. Which is good and bad. It's like, 'Oh my God, this is big.' It will be interesting to see how it leads into next season." Source: The Ausiello Files
Posted 26 April 2009 - 12:39 PM
04/23 - We'll be seeing a lot more George in the next couple episodes. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's more George screen time in the next two episodes than we've had all season. And he's back to being the O'Malley we used to know: a kick ass surgeon. [...] In an upcoming episode, Meredith will cross a line with a patient, which could threaten her job at Seattle Grace. Yep, the Chief says he'll fire her if she doesn't stay away from this particular case. [...] Things do get bad enough between [Derek and Mark] that Derek tells Meredith that he wants Richard to be his best man. Of course that goes over real well. I mean, what girl doesn't want the dude that had an affair with her mother standing next to her husband-to-be on her wedding day? Meredith actually tells Derek that if he invites Richard, she won't walk down the aisle. [Izzie planning the wedding will be] really insane. Remember a couple seasons back when Izzie decorated Meredith's house with Christmas stuff to get her mind off Alex's infidelity? Yeah, well this time she's dealing with cancer. And she will use her illness to get a lot of the things she wants/needs. It's working for her. I mean, she guilts Mer into trying on a lot of wedding dresses. Plus, she fools several people into thinking she's sicker than she is, so they'll come to her. Source: Zap2It's Korbi TV
04/22 - Owen doesn't have time for Cristina anymore (what with his newfound interest in turning George into a trauma surgeon). Actually, to be more specific, Owen's therapist doesn't let Owen have time for her. Yep, Owen's shrink has given him a specific list of three-word sentences he can say to Yang, but "I love you" is definitely not one of them. Either way, Cristina is not a happy camper. Source: Kristin on E!Online
04/22 - Shonda Rhimes found a fun way to work in Chyler Leigh's sudden plus-sizedness (the actress is pregnant in real life) -- and it involves the feud between Mark and Derek. [...] George and Alex have a huge blowup over Izzie. And before the scene ends, glass is shattered, blood is shed, and someone suffers a near-fatal fall. [Via Twitter, Ausiello reveals that] Meredith doesn't want one of Derek's best friends at wedding. Source: The Ausiello Files
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users