One Life to Live

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 spr1ngtime

spr1ngtime

• Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:26 PM

Are there any OLTL fans here? I noticed so many other soaps mentioned but not this one. I started watching this show when i started college, it happened to be on during my lunch break, and now 14 years later I am still watching it.

#2 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:55 PM

you got another fan here ...

I can't believe Jessica is a multiple too!

I've been watching 25 years!!!!

#3 nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:30 PM

I am an on and off fan of the show..Lately more off. I fast forward through most of it. Especially John McGreasy.

Loved the Todd scenes today

#4 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE(nebartist)
who do you all think is the Killing Club Murderer? I think it is Marcie's ex-Agent

Wow, good guess ... but was he around when she was writing the book?

My question is, how on earth did Jessica become a multiple? I thought it was never genetic ... and I have no memory of her being abused as a kid in any way ... I have been watching from the Joe Riley days, so watched her grow up!

#5 nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:44 PM

No the Agent was not around when MArcie wrote the book. But he probably has read it. And when he was fired he was P.Oed!!!

I don't think Jessica had anything happen as a kid. Does D.I.D. only come if you have a child-hood trauma? This is a soap so she could have stubbed a toe and got it smile.gif.

She has had some Trauma in her life. Losing her baby, Then all she went through with her Father Mitch. Then what happened with Tico..being stabbed and all.

I think her alter has come out because Jessica was tired of being the victim, and relying on others to protect her.

Vicki's other daughter Megan had D.I.D. as well

#6 spr1ngtime

spr1ngtime

• Pip
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:33 AM

Found some spoilers for the week, I'm posting them a bit late (sorry), but has some info past this week ------

On Wednesday, March 30:
Todd comforts Blair after a nightmare about Margaret. Viki is pleased by the changes she sees in Kevin. Matthew mentions his concerns about Daniel to Nora. Daniel learns the evidence he planted has been
destroyed. Duke volunteers to bring Asa home.

On Thursday, March 31:
Daniel lets Riley believe the worst of Jen. Nora is pleasantly surprised when Rachel arrives for the bridal brunch. Jen agrees to run away with Rex. Jessica reaches out to Antonio. Natalie and Evangeline try to be civil. Daniel cheats on Nora.

On Friday, April 1:
Nora fights a case of cold feet on her wedding day. Matthew asks Bo to stop the wedding but Bo refuses. John and Natalie are comfortable with each other at the wedding. Evangeline spots John with Natalie. Jessica sneaks out of the wedding.

MORE SCOOPS:
After doing his own investigating Michael thinks he has discovered the real killer.

Todd and Blair face death again.

Viki questions Kevin about Todd's kidnapping, and wants to know what he has over Todd.

Bo tries to get Nora to call off her wedding with Daniel.

Jessica will continue to act differently as her alter ego becomes stronger in her life.

There will soon be a new man in Llanview who
have some involvement with Kelly, which might just start to make Kevin jealous.

Daniel is keeping a big secret, which ties directly into the Buchanan family, but it will soon be revealed.

#7 nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 02:19 PM

just to let y'all know the woman who played Carrie (R.J.'s Daughter, the mother of Antonio's baby) Will be on Law and Order Trial by Jury on friday

#8 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:28 AM

[quote=mrspopcornsupriz]I love the show and have been watching for years. I am really not caring for the Jessica alter ego thing. I would really like to see John and Natilie together.

I agree ... too many reruns ... nobody can top Vicki/Nicki ... maybe they are trying to get us to care for this Jessica? I like the old one!

I also wish Christian had died ... will be the doom of John and Natalie, who I want to be together too!

Dorian has been vintage these days!

#9 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:38 PM

Carey, OLTL Reach Contract Agreement

Talk of Phil Carey's (Asa Buchanan) exit from One Life to Live has been greatly exaggerated. Though unconfirmed by the network at "post time," Soap Opera Central has learned that Carey and the show have come to terms on a new contract.

Because of the ongoing contract talks, Carey's character was temporarily removed from all scenes taping after February 24th. This led to reports that Carey was out -- and that he wasn't coming back. But this wasn't the first time that the proverbial fork had been put in Carey's long career by some media outlets. News of Carey's possible exit first emerged around the first of the year when the actor revealed that he had not yet been approached by anyone to re-sign his contract. When Carey and network execs were unable to reach an immediate deal, ABC reportedly approached Carey with a plan to have him remain with the show on a recurring basis.

"Phil Carey is an extremely valuable member of One Life to Live, and we sincerely hope we can come to an agreement with him," said an ABC spokesperson while negotiations were ongoing.

The terms of Carey's deal were not released, however, long-time One Life to Live fans should be pleased that the 25-year veteran isn't going anywhere.

Carey will return to the screen in May.

#10 nebartist

nebartist

• Pip
  • 5,960 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(ranster627)
QUOTE(Jackie)
Isn't the murderer Daniel Colson ...a.k.a.  Theodore? 

At least that's the impression I'm getting from this show.

He is one of them ... he murdered Kelly's brother, the baby snatcher ....

They seem to be setting Jessica's alter up for the other murder (car accident), but OLTL always gives us an obvious one before getting to the real one! :wink:

I think the Jessica being the killer was squashed last week when They showed the hands of the Killer, with the pictures of the two kids they killed. THen showed Jessica with her mom and sis.

#11 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:46 AM

Thanks Salter!!!! I love Asa!

#12 mrspopcornsupriz

mrspopcornsupriz

• Pip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:10 AM

I hate Asa but.....I must admit I love to hate Asa. He's an *ss but he keeps the show interesting.

#13 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

http://mortystv.com/...opic.php?t=1277

Some interesting reading on the new Daniel Storyline ....

#14 Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:25 PM

Rumor has it that Melissa Archer (Natalie) isnt going to resign her contract....She wants outs for other projects and ABC has already said the John-nat-vangie storyline will go on with or without her. Sad really that we wait all this time for John-nat and when we finally get them it may be a newbie.

I have been watching this show since the whole Jenny- Marco baby stealing storyline and I hate to say it but I think its now at one of its lowest points ever in terms of quality of storyline. Aside from Todd and Blair and John/Nat, the only two couples I like Dorian/David and RJ/Lindsey dont seem to get much air time. They have the talent but they just dont seem to know how to use them very well. Kevin is hot, but Kevin and Kelly seem to have the same conversations over and over and over again, Dorian has been rewritten from a strong, conniving woman into some henpecker from hell, Duke is dull and bringing in some new chick thats unrelated to every other character as a foil between him and Adrianna is so been there done that, and dont even get me started on marcie "I am the moral majority" walsh and michael "please forget I am really AL" mcbain. And BO+NORA part III = BORA!! I wanted to see Lindsey shove Nora out the window when she came over to offer her sympathies. HELLO Nora, Lindsey hates you and you just yelled at her that she was a crappy mom, and now you think she wants to cry on your shoulder?? If she is that stupid, its no wonder she hasnt caught on to Daniel.

Lets send Ranster over to ABC and he can rewrite the scripts for us!! What do you say Ranster :?: :wink:

#15 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:31 PM

That is something I would love to do ... this is my last daytime soap ... I gave up GH when Laura left, and finally lost my AMC addiction ...

I have been watching this one since Victor Lord (the original) died ... I think this show is slowly fading too ... sure there is a lot going on, but not much with any substance ... I want ASA to liven things up again ... I will never forget the party he had when he was marrying Samantha and Olympia was hiding in the house ... took over a week for one hour to tick by ... and I was on the edge of my seat ... or the days of Karen and Jenny ...

This show needs something !

#16 Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

I hear Carlo is coming back -- now if they would only bring back Alex and Cassie Callison sigh what am I talking about -- they wont write anything good for them anyway.

From what I see posted on other sites, the head of ABC basically thinks incidents are more important than specific actors. Which is why they pay no attention to the character history AT ALL, dont use the vets very much, and recycle the story lines so they dont have to think of anything creative.

#17 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

now to have Alex back would be a dream!

as for Cassie ... they played her out in my opinion ... and I want the old Dorian back too!

I actually think that Margaret's Baby is not Todd's and is Asa's :wink:

#18 Lauren

Lauren

• Pip
  • 669 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:02 PM

I still like Cassie with Kevin -- Laura Kauffman is gorgeous and talented and would be able to hold her own with David Gauthier. I know everyone raves about Heather Tom but I dont get the hype. She's okay in the role I guess but she doesnt hold a candle to Gina Togliani (sp?). Heather's Kelly is boring to me especially with Kevin. They are bringing on Paul Satterfield to play David's brother and as a spoiler between Kevin and Kelly. Sorry but i could care less about that triangle.

I hope they bring on someone hot for Rex. He is way underused. Loved the scenes with Bo and Rex at the gay bar. You could see how uncomfortable Bo was (not surprising since Clint was a homophobe) but Rex was just playing it up for all it was worth. :rofl

#19 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:05 AM

Melissa Archer of ABC's 'One Life to Live' has re-signed with the show she has been with since 2001. Her character Natalie Buchanan is the off-spring of a tentpole couple of the series, Vicky and Clint.

ABC Soaps In Depth is reporting that Forbes March will portray the role of Nash, a man who will pose a threat to Jessica Buchanan (Bree Williamson) and her alter, Tess. The role has been in casting for several months now and several names including Austin Peck and Dax Griffin were being considered for the role. March is well known for his role as Scott Chandler which he portrayed from 1999 to 2000. Look for this contract role to start airing in late June to early July.

In addittion, another young male has been casted. Josh Casaubon has been cast in the recurring role of Hugh Hughes. Hugh will be the new assistant district attorney and will be involved in Marcie's storyline. Hugh first hits the screen in June. Sources say the role should eventually become contract if everything works out.

#20 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:28 AM

great timing Salter ... so now we know ... it will be the Natalie we know that gets together with John ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users