Renny - Week 9

Jem

I am curious if they will tell her about the hurricane too. I would think that they wouldn't tell her b/c it would only make her worry & wonder & there is nothing she can do while in the jury house.

As a resident of (south) Louisiana, I know that Gustav was no Katrina. However, with that being said it was still a devastating storm. The damage was wide spread throughout this state. It came in around Houma, LA and traveled up Hwy 90 & I-49 to Alexandria, LA (which is in the central part of the state). The people in and around Houma have been told it will be 3-4 weeks before power will be restored. (It's HOT in Louisiana & it's HUMID). :D The Vermilion River is about to overflow it's banks and there is more rain in the forecast. We all have a lot of cleaning up to do, but we also know it could have been a lot worse. Thanks to all the states & companies that have sent resources to help clear the way & restore power as soon and as safely possible.

Tyrelle

Lafayette, LA

"The Heart of Acadiana"

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you made it, MsT. But the effects of Gustav will take months to recover!!! We should have our own solar/wind generators for every household so the need for that 1879 model of an antique power grid would be obsolete. Didn't Bush "declare Victory over Gustav" Monday? Maybe after the party in St. Paul is over talking heads will mention the word "Gustav" again!!! Sorry, OFF TOPIC.

Re: Renny. She still ain't gonna be to happy knowing there is no power, her business is shut down, etc. I guess I'll need to catch BBC TV news to keep up with the storm aftermath!!!!

IMHO.........

I would never sign something that said they would never tell me ANYTHING while in the BB house...........I would think that personal or material devastation would be over the line. And, who judges? Jerry's wife could be hospitalized but it could turn out to be a false alarm..........if they do sign something like that, I'd be amazed.............being an adult, I would want to make those decisions for myself.........but, I'm not on BB:)

Thing is, no one knew or knows now what actually happened in her personal situation.

No, sisu, that was part of her Judy Garland gig. Judy often entered/left concert stage by walking through the cheering audience. Also, J.G. made a point to stop by and say hello to all the fans who couldn't get in to see her on stage.

All you Renny haters say what you will but I thought she was great. A breath of fresh air to a very dull house with a lot of back-stabbing people. Renny gave and gave to all those people in the house, even the ones she didn't like. I think she kept her dignity, unlike Jerry, Dan, Memphis and Ollie. She realized that although she is in the BB house, money is not the most important thing in the world. I think she tried her best to remain true to herself and not embarrass herself or her family. And yes she is guilty of giving her undying loyalty to a friend. How bad is that?

It's ok Renny, you're still a winner. Laissez les bons temps rouler! :dance2:

I sooo agree with you, catwishes. Renny is one of my personal all time Reality Star favorites. She had her fans near tears at her eviction. Then walked out to THUNDEROUS applause. And had me LMAO at Renny's comical reaction when Jerry said in goodbye tape, "I enjoyed your cooking.!

Only the greatest entertainers can have you crying one minute and then make you laugh the next. Like Renny's idol, Judy Garland (watch Judy in Dressing Room scene in "A Star is Born" where her character is discussing her unhappy life, then she has to shoot this really upbeat musical number, taking the viewer from utter despair to joyous abandon.Go to Y..T..., search Lenswims, then go to favorites...It's top of list, A Star Is Born, Lose that Long Face. Actually beginning with her taping upbeat dance number, then during Break she loses it over husband problems, great dramatic scene, then is called back to complete number and goes from despair to utter joy in one instant.)

Hey, Renny's got a life. And she's already won the $25,000!!!!

I loved Renny from the start.

She is my namesake...........I grew up being called Renny, although our real names are not even close.

My mom made me go to beauty school to "cut hair for extra money" in college.

I ended up marrying a business man and opening a salon.

Also, have a son and a daughter............watching her brought back so many memories............and kept me watching more than any other season.

You're right, Len.........I was worried, more about Keesha, than Renny..........but I was really impressed with the way Keesha handled Renny leaving and the respect she showed her.

Memphis also surprised me............he is never demonstrative but seemed, at least, concerned.

Dan's actions just gave me one more reason to dislike him.

Look we all kid about April/Keesha "cat fights" etc. But to see such different women from different eras, different cultures, bond like Renny/Keesha did and NEVER turn on each other is proof that women CAN and DO form strong, lasting bonds. I think Keesha needed a strong maternal figure/as Renny needed to be a mom to a girl. Maybe Renny's "estranged" child never mentioned on CBS maybe a long, lost female (or male) child.

And IVgal, I have NEVER heard such rousing applause as when Renny exited the BB house Thurs. I grew up in the 50s watching the old "women's pictures" from the 30s, 40s and enjoy positive female roles. Starting in the 50s, women largely becase sex objects/victims.

Renny sure is a one of a kind!!

I was in tears when she got evicted and,

Keeshas goodbye message didn't help......

Keesha is lost without her Renny Roooo....as well

as I am......

Miss you Renny and you will not be forgotten!!

Sure hope they do an AC and Renny wins $25,000.00

She deserves it!!!

thanks to al of you all that said nice things about Renny I just loved her too, and I did love the fact that her and Keesha formed a special friendship in there. I have a best girlfriend that is the same age as my oldest daughter which will soon be 41, and it is a great friendship, sometimes I wear the mim cap , other times we giggle like school girls, I enjoyed watching Renny, and she truly is the only one in the house who did not do anything to make herself less that she is, or make people go wha?? zany, zany, I will miss her

I wanted to like Renny b/c she was from Louisiana, then the first night she got on my nerves. By the second week, I loved her and wanted her to be in the finals (if not win it all). You made us all proud Ms. Renny!!!

I thought she had some very insightful things to say, I think she is a great gal, it will be fun to see her go to the jury hose, although she said she was going in a serious mode to figure out who would get her vote, she said they all want your vote and act nice and all, but she will be rewinding what has transpired in the house to try and figure it out.

her head was never in the game

jmho

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name