Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Crystal Cox

I posted Jeff's blog on his thread here, and he specifically mentioned Crystal! He was pretty much blown away with the fact that she never moved from her corner. She and her boat never moved!

Wasted potential! :(

I actually don't really like her either. What exactly has she done for her tribe? Despite her physical presence, which she doesn't follow through on, she is not a threat. I say vote her out, and let the game get interesting between those that are actually strong.

I really do like her... why show everybody how strong you are early on.. then you will have "We need to get her out before the merge."

she will shine sooner than later, just wait..

she will shine sooner than later, just wait..

Yeah, just as soon as one of the cameramen sneaks her some ephedrine...

Come on Kayo.. none of the challenges so far have been in her favor, climbing a hill? Rowing a boat? not her type of stuff...

she did good on pulling that guy off the pole...

Just wait till there is running involved..

If she is truly a strong athlete, then she would excel in all those physical challenges. Clearly, she does not. And I'll bet she isn't that great at running anymore either.

If she is truly a strong athlete, And I'll bet she isn't that great at running anymore either.

truly a athlete? i thinking Gold in the Olympics is pretty dang good... lets just wait for a running challenge...

I am not really liking her that much. Mabye becuase I had higher expectations of her? I don't know. But seriously as an athlete she should be able to handle just about all of these challenges and not have to wait for something that involves running. Everyone else (who are NOT athletes) are kicking her butt out there. Oh well...just my thoughts...

That whole tribe sucks, except for maybe Matty, so she fits right in.

I wonder why they didn't end up going along with the plan Crystal hatched to vote out Sugar because she wouldn't have suspected it due to GC's wanting to quit. It was about the smartest thing I've heard her come up with and it would have been the very best time to do it. My guess is Sugar caught wind of that they knew she had it and they were afraid she'd play the idol. But they could have still voted for her and even if she had played it, GC would've been out because of Ace's and Sugar's votes so they would've gotten rid of GC AND the idol. I just don't get why they didn't do it. Oh well, I give props to Crystal for at least thinking of it...

crystal is smarter then your normal athlet
thsnapoutofit.gif

I also think she is biding her time, waiting to show her strength. Too many survivors have lost out early because they were strong. As for all the steroids comments, I am pretty sure the IOC in the last 8 years has been doing outstanding testing on all athletes. In fact, they saved blood from the athletes four years ago in case better testing comes along, so until and unless that is proven...I'd stop calling an American Olympic gold medalist a druggie. JMO.

I also was wondering why she didnt go along with the plan to get rid of Sugar now? Really surprised me they didnt follow through.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/26/sports/o...nted=1&_r=1

I'm skeptical about whether not getting caught means much, which of course doesn't mean Crystal was doping ... but it's natural to wonder, I think.

She puzzles me. Maybe she is just hiding her strength so that it's not used as a reason to get rid of her, but she sure is convincing at being a non-factor.

Its not the wondering that bothers me, its the flat out accusations and assumptions. But then again, you know me, I am not a fan of bashing people.

I just think she's pretty stupid if she is "hiding" her physical abilitites up until now. The others are considered to have no athletic abilities yet they can pull through on comps. On the other hand, she is labeled an "athlete" and can't even make it up a hill or across water. Pretty stupid to be hiding abilities and risk getting thrown out for it.

Also, each week she acts like she is supreme and is carrying her team, yet we've observed none of this.

Also, it's pretty stereotypical to say that athletes are dumb. Many might be, yet many aren't. And one good thought does not make someone a genius.

She's got nothing.......................

I haven't seen her at risk to get thrown out because of her lack of "stepping up". If she is in fact playing weak, it sure is working cause once she makes it to the merge, she can unleash and win. I am not saying I know for a fact she is playing her strength down, that's just what I am hoping for. Plus, the events after the merge, ie the single person challenges, are usually geared more to athleticism and dont depend on teamwork.

ETA: Oh, yeah, and its only us that are labeling her an athlete. The other survivors don't know her from Adam, so to them she is just this big non athletic person.

Sign in to follow this