Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Bob Crowley

bob.jpg

Biography

Robert "Bob" Crowley (58)

Hometown: Portland, Maine

Robert Crowley considers himself a hybrid of Indiana Jones and Robinson Crusoe. He loves the outdoors and is always ready for his next adventure.

Robert is a high school physics teacher in Gorham, Maine and holds both Associate and Bachelor degrees in forestry from the University of Maine - Orono and a Masters of Education degree from the University of Southern Maine. However, after the school bell rings, Robert becomes an entrepreneur. His wide range of jobs span from being a first mate on a research boat for the Smithsonian Institution in Canada to an entomologist for the USDA, to a skunk relocater, as well as President, Vice President and Chief Negotiator for his local Teacher's Union.

When not on an adventure, Robert interests include journal writing, story telling, photography, bone collecting, archeology and camping.

This tree climbing scientist, who describes himself as honest, adventurous, resourceful and witty, built his truly "green" summer cabin back when green was only referred to as the color. His "green" cabin was completely built with recycled material and requires a fraction of the energy of the average U.S. home. He's built numerous structures from recycled material including wharfs, saunas, a chicken house and a hunting cabin.

Robert strategy is to be a provider and to fly under the radar on SURVIVOR. He's out to prove that nice guys can make it to the end of the game.

Robert and his wife Peggy reside in Portland, Maine. They have two sons, David and John, one daughter, Page, and a high maintenance cat named William. Robert's birth date is February 25, 1951.

I wonder if he'll be BB's "Jack" of Survivor? I think my only problem with him is that he seems like the other token older person. There doesn't seem to be a diverse group age wise. Everyone is basically still in their 20's... so I don't know if people will take them out right away because of a preconceived notion or what.

Totally diggin the physics teacher...

My pre-season #1 (which means he'll be the first out or eaten by a lion)

Gut feeling... he won't last, but I'm always wrong with these things.

This has nothing to do with the man, but I love the town he teaches in... That's VERY close to where my brother in law lives, and we spent some time in Gorham while visting him... Beautiful little town...

I'm hoping he's a normal guy and can socialize easily. Physics teachers are an iffy bunch (my physics teacher was brilliant but had absolutely no social skills) and his personality will probably dictate how far he goes initially. If he's likeable like Yau-man, he'll cruise for awhile. If his personality is more like Cao-boi's, he'll be snuffing his torch early in the game.

I hope he's likeable. And the provider thing serves well IF you're good at it. We shall see.

If Bob is a cross between Tom and Yau, I will be very happy...

He lookes older then 58 to me.

just sayin

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Bob Crowley:

Another one of the prerequisite Scholastic types that usually don't make it too far! He's certainly no Yau-Man!

Kota seems to like and respect him.

But WTH is with wearing that friggin' bow tie? He seems to have some major attachment to that thing. Could he have looked any stupider wearing it to tribal?

But you are right Dade, he does seem to be comfortable within the tribe so far. But all the focus of the show so far has been on Fang because they're in such conflict!

He's certainly no Yau-Man!

Yeah, Yau man was a slug compared to this guy...

I hated Yau Man

:bangin:

I like the old guy so far. He was a puzzle solvin' fool. And Sono - he hasn't been to tribal yet! :cheers:

This guy will go farther than I first thought and, yep, he definitely could dance circles around Yau Man...and beat the snot of him too.

And Sono - he hasn't been to tribal yet!

Oh Sugar! You got me. :) What I meant to say was when he wore it to another one of the challenges.

I wore a bow tie to prom and when I got married! Well technically, I've worn a bow tie everytime I've worn a tux . . . . . but to continue to wear one when it's not necessary is crazy, particularly when you're out in the wilds of Africa!

Crazy Show!!!!!! :animated_rotfl:

I love this guy...just love him. Way better than Yau-man. I just like how he interacts with everyone, he is getting stuff done but not coming across bossy or cocky or anything. I just like him and I really hopes he goes far.

Bob is a nice guy, smart, knowledgeable, useful, and still strong. He's also from New England to boot! So far my favorite!

Sign in to follow this