ff is a type of double eviction

at the end of show two hg gets evicted

first they evict first hg

then play hoh

then play pov same night

then have pov ceremony same night

then evict second hg

then play second hoh

Thanks UVD. Sounds as if there won't be time for any commercials!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if bb does any comp with speed jerry has no shot at hoh

Besically, they ARE the same.

But to get technical, a double eviction week means that 2 cycles are played in one week's time.

That could mean one cycle is sped up and takes place in less than an hour, or that it takes 2 days.

Background info

--------------------

The first time Big Brother did this was back in Week 10 in season 5, where they sped things up and Marvin went home in Week 10. But the HoH (Drew) had 3 hours to do nominations, and the whole process took a day. I think Julie Chen referred to that as "BB on speed". (I can't be sure if I've heard the term "fast forward" used for Big Brother. I think I have, but I watch The Amazing Race a lot, and they use that term a lot, so I get confused.)

Then, in Week 7 of BB6, Janelle won HoH after Kaysar was evicted (the second time), and nominated Jennifer and Maggie on the spot. Julie Chen tells Janelle that eviction will be decided in a live vote on Saturday (BB6 was shown on Saturdays, not Sundays), but in reality the whole process took about 24 hours, and what was shown on Saturdays show was taped "live to tape" on Friday. (Feeds were blocked for the 24 hours.)

BB7 (All-Stars) had Chicken George in the hot seat when he won HoH in Week 7. That ended with Chilltown betraying him and evicting Howie, his Jedi master. That was only shown on Sunday's show, even though it happened on Friday. (I think feed were blocked.)

BB8 was the first time we saw 2 houseguests leave LIVE in the same hour, when both Jessica and Eric were evicted after Zach's Week 9 HoH reign ended with Dick winning the next HoH and putting up Eric and Jameka. Zach won the controversial Veto (because a blue ball accidentally bouncing into Jameka's tube disqualified her from that competition) and did not use it, resulting in Eric's eviction.

There was no double eviction week in BB9, although for the first weeks, 2 houseguests were evicted at a time, since they were playing as couples.

Not to get too technical but BB Fast Forward (2 live evictions in one episode) was introduced in Big Brother: All Stars. Danielle was evicted and then Janelle won HOH, nominated Erika and Chicken George, Erika won the POV, and Janelle replaced her with Mike Boogie. Erika and Will voted to evict Chicken George, and he was the second one sent packing that night, only to be greeted by KFC's Colonel and a bucket full of Kentucky fried chicken. :)

I would be thrilled to see Ollie and Michelle go this week. Jerry can be taken out any time. Nobody likes him anyway... and he's old and slow. Plus, all that slop has definitely gone to his head!

i was thinking they vote out renny since she is so likable

Thanks for the correction, OmegaBetaZeta.

I was a little rushed because I had a train to catch, and didn't do my research properly.

I think BB6 was the only time the feeds were blocked. There was such an outcry to Real Player and people canceling feeds that they never did the black out again.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Well, after OBZ's correction, it looks like you're right about that.

Besides, I'm sure Jem would remember, because days when feeds are blocked are like the only day she gets off during a Big Brother season!

Hmm I wonder why they're still having a double eviction so soon if Survivor got pushed back. They should prolong BB another week!

nfl time

you guys should be good

but i am a dolphin for life :lol:

you guys should be good

but i am a dolphin for life

Like a lot of people my age, I still think so fondly of the Browns of the 50's & 60's. I went to every home game with my Dad and think of that with such great memories!

It's time for you guys to come back to life down there as well. Miami's a great football market as is the entire state. They can talk about Texas football until they're blue in the face, but Tx can't hold a candle to FL :grin3:

SORRY to everyone else for going so far :offtopic:

Hi Slimcruz---I'd put your your comments in your Post #88 in quotes...but i don't know how!

I was watching the BBAD and listening to Jerry and thought: "Wow, this guy really has a nasty, mean streak in him (oops!....one of my "wishes" is to eliminate and eradicate redundancy and lo and behold I come up with a "nasty mean streak"! ) :blush:

I agree with you. Get rid of him before he sneaks in and lasts longer than many of us would like. "Their" attitude seems to be, let's get so and so off first as they're dangerous. If they don't watch out, they may create a monster!!! :bangin:

Well, Michelle is happily passed out at SH by now. And Ollie is doing April for the 30th time since he arrived in SH a few hours ago! April will keep using Ollie for a booty call until she returns to Arizona and she lets him know he can't move in. I see April as having a pink house, inside and outside. Pink, frilly, very feminine. Pink tiles in bathrooms, kitchen; pink appliances; every pink pattern available at the local wall paper company! Can't wait for Ollie to have a mad fit and give April her first black eye (from him) and the shit eating grin she wears on her face with large pink sunglasses..."Sorry, I tripped on the bus and hit my eye right on that old coin collector fixture...I feel like a Damn Fool..." (Quoted from John Water's "Female Trouble"...John Waters, the Shakespeare of American Cinema ....)

Archived