Sign in to follow this  
pinkie

Ken And Tina

Hey fatcat...is it your first season of TAR? Not picking or baiting just asking :animated_wave:

Anyway, the fast forward is almost always used by the team that is already in first. While it is true you can only use it once as a pair, if there is an intersection(where the teams must become foursomes) the fast forward can be used by the same pair(now a part of a foursome) that used it before. OK, so what if there is no intersection? True T and K can not use the ff again, but starting this next leg they will have a HUGE lead. Too true that the lead will probably disappear at some airport or activity that doesnt open until 6 hours have gone by, but still. I guess I am talking in circles, but what I am trying to say is the FF is not ever going to be used by the last place team to vault into first...it is used by the first or second place team to lengthen their lead. And while these guys are not my faves...they are following TAR precedent.

Did that even make sense? :animated_scratchchin:

no this is not my first season of TAR, I have watched since the very first one, and I guess I have missed something because I never had seen the ones who were out in front use this fast forward pass, like all the time, ever, so like I said I must have missed something, I see what you are saying, but I have seen the last place teams use the FF to help them get caught up, and I cannot remember what you are talking about foresomes, but please let me assure you I have watched every season and felt I was fairly saavy as to how to run the race, I do not think you were baiting me, but I did feel a little put down, but that is my issue I guess.lol,I know that it will give them a nice little chunk of time of being ahead in the beginning of when they all leave the rest stop, but as we know there will be catch up made, that is just how TAR works. Thanks for the info, but I think it would have been much more advantageous for them to have used it later, after they see how long they will stay out in front(if that in fact is the best time to use it) hell, they could get into a snit and fall behind who knows,lol, or fall behind for any reason,I do not think the object of the fast forward is only to stay ahead but also can be used to get ahead when behind.

I think of the FF like obtaining immunity...they could wait to get it "next time" but if they don't take it now, there may not be a next time.

yeah there are only 2 but I really have never seen any one who was ahead go for the FF, but maybe that is just the way it fell for me, it really doesn't matter, it was just a thought that occured to me that's all,lol

I agree that the FF is usually taken by the leaders. In the past though...some teams have been hesitant to go for it when they weren't sure if they were in the lead because if you go for the FF and someone else already won it...then that team has lost valuable time and has fallen behind the others in completing the other required challenges. It's a risk to go for it...but payed off for K & T.

I'm torn on what I think of these two. On most episodes I can stand Ken but not Tina. Tina yells at him constantly and its getting old, "COME ON KENNY!". I understand she was hurt by the cheating but there is no need for her to boss him around like that.

I was shocked that they went for the FF considering Tina is afraid of heights. They did good though, and have won some great prizes becoming in first place! :animated_bouncy:

I'm torn on what I think of these two. On most episodes I can stand Ken but not Tina. Tina yells at him constantly and its getting old, "COME ON KENNY!". I understand she was hurt by the cheating but there is no need for her to boss him around like that.

Well I'm thinking she has always been like that... maybe thats why he cheated :animated_scratchchin:

Can't wait to see Ken's little meltdown next week. :boxing:

I knew all the peace and love wouldn't last! Can't wait to see too!

I don't really dislike her that much, but her voice just bugs... all the time, whether she's angry, upset, or happy.

I was howling watching her run in and out of the room she needed to find for the next clue...

Seriously!!!!!

Was laughing my a** off when she said to Ken that they'd never been last..... YOU THINK????? :smilielol::smilielol:

OMG I cracked up at that too. Doofus - of course you haven't been last, you're still there! I knew it almost had to be a non-elim though, so wasn't surprised at that. I hope their speed bump puts them right out of there next week. IT better be something that takes some time or is hard. Loved watching her lose it and drive old Kenny nutso tonight. What a shrew!

OMG...it is so hard listening to her Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, Kenny, Kenny all the time and we only get what they show on TV can you imagine being him and hearing it ALL OF THE TIME.

Yep...I don't think Tina realizes that she comes across so bossy and controlling. She can be really nice and likable most of the time...and you can see the love and affection that these 2 have for each other...if she could just lighten up a bit on him I think they'd have a chance to make it...relationshipwise. Gamewise..idk...it'll be hard to make up the time they need to complete the extra road block next leg...Kelly and Kristy or Dan and Andrew will have to screw up (hopefully Kelly and Kristy...they've got to go!!!)

I really want these 2 to make it to final 3...they're good competitors.

I HATED Ken's teary-eyed-all-choked-up speech at the end. He just as much said that they need to win the race in order to stay together. That's f'ed up. I hope they're eliminated next week and divorced the week after that.

I agree, Jersey. Sheesh. Saving a marriage takes a lot of hard work, patience, love, forgiveness and perseverence- it does NOT need a game show! So, Ken, don't go saying you need the show to save your marriage. Let's call it what it is- exposure, fun and money...the troubled marriage scenario only made it easier for them to get chosen to be on The Amazing Race and they used it for all it was worth.

that is not what I got from Kennys little speech, what I got was that as it goes on (the race) the more she is nit pickin him and he feels that they will not make it if somehow she does not chill it out. I heard him say that they came on the race to try to solve some differences, but I do not think they are relying on this show to save their marrage. I think if she would shuuuttt up they would be doin better, she never shuts up, geesh!!!!!

That nasally (is that a word) nagging voice of hers is enough to drive a person to drink! Yes, shutting the heck up would be a good start. And if they are relying on this race to help them put their marriage back together, it should be becoming apparent to them that they get along great in good times, but the first sign of adversity, and they fall apart. Not a good sign, K&T.

Can we say control freak?

(oh I just did)

It is entertaining to watch her boss Ken around :smilielol:

She is annoying. I want HER to leave. Glad to see them come in last. Wish they would have been eliminated.

Amazing comeback, thanks in no small part to Kelly and Christy and Dan and Andrew's crappy abilities to interpret clues!

LOL, she looked like Smurfette! I keep flip-flopping on these two. One episode she annoys me, then the next she does something really nice like helping Andrew and Dan. I don't want them to win but I wouldn't mind if they were in the top three teams. I have to admit though that I laughed really hard when she got attacked by the paint "morons". :animated_rotfl: