Ollie - Week 5

CeCiMom

If Ollie were European American and went shirtless under the apron and did all the other things he does in BB house, he would be called a "red neck"! Let's just be grateful he had pants on under the Apron. .... He did have pants on...No, don't tell me, I don't want to know!

Now we know why April played so poorly. She was just overcome by all that naked skin...in the sunlight, for a change!!!!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i thought red neck could only be applied to Caucasian

i see thanks makes sense

Go to any small southern town and you will find black folks that are red necks... I see it here each and every day... Being red neck isn't just something for the white folks of america...

But then what is the definition of a red neck? I thought only white people could literally have "red necks" from being out in the sun all day. I mean, I think I know what a red neck person is, but I don't see how others can be red necks too.

Here's the definition of redneck that is what is thought of in the south when it's said that someone is a redneck...

A redneck is usually typified in popular culture by a straight male with a beer belly that consumes cheap American beer such as Busch or Miller by the case (Pabst Blue Ribbon in more traditional settings) as well as Jack Daniel's. They are generally distrustful or dislike anyone not like them or the government. The stereotypical redneck lives in a trailer, and drives an old, large, beat-up pickup truck with a gun rack in the rear window. He generally wears a stained, sleeveless t-shirt, blue jeans, and a trucker hat.

Their hair is generally worn in the mullet style, and they favor long sideburns. Personal hygiene is a lost concept with the stereotypical redneck, and what teeth they have left generally show the complete anthology of the stages of dental caries. Their favorite activities include hunting, shooting at road signs and lights, professional wrestling, NASCAR, monster truck rallies, car engine repair, collecting junked cars and large appliances on their lawns, having way too many children and dogs, participating in domestic disturbances, and waiting around for their welfare checks. Country and Southern Rock bands such as Lynyrd Skynyrd figure in as their preferred genre of music.

Stereotypical redneck females have similar characteristics and interests on a feminine scale. They are most often seen barefoot, pregnant and wear Daisy Duke shorts with stiletto heels.

Stereotypical redneck females have similar characteristics and interests on a feminine scale. They are most often seen barefoot, pregnant and wear Daisy Duke shorts with stiletto heels.

huh...well apparantly April's a redneck...who knew? ;)

each week i pick ollie to win hoh :lol:

i dont know i just get the hunch one week he will pull it out

Ollie is a bit of a mystery to me. I'm unsure if he likes April other than for a ride and his game strategy seems almost like there is none except be a nice quiet guy and get his rides in.

he might be dangerous if and when April leaves

If April gets booted ,that alliance is toast,ollie and jerry both will be wandering around like chickens with their HEADS cut off!

Ollie especially will feel like HIS head was cut off, only I am not sure which head will be more affected! :animated_rotfl:

Hope it's ok to join in, I was actually wondering if anyone was as irrated with Ollie as I was... then I found this thread. All you people need to get outta my head. LOL

I don't like the way he calls Julie "Momma"... who the heck does he think he is. I'm stunned she hasn't told him to knock it off. He's completely useless, he doesn't even qualify for "floater"... that would imply more worth than he has. All he is is April's extra vote.

The kicker to all this is, i bet his parents ARE proud. It never ceases to amaze me how these people go on TV and make fools of them self or worse and their families are always standing there making excuses and defending their actions. Give it a few weeks, when they need some filler on a Thursday night and we'll get to hear from his parents and I bet anything his mom and dad will be standing there clueless talking about how proud they are of him and what a good job he's doing.

Thanks, Yana for that great updated def of redneck. Loved iit!!!

The original term "redneck" in south and north was in the 1800s America. If a man was a Gentleman, then he was not required to work outside in the sumer heat. A good looking man by "ladies" was one super duper "white". Matinee idol John Wilkes Booth, famous actor. was admired (by ladies) for his "marble white" skin...they thought it made him looks like "a Greek God statue". Also if a white man worked in a bank, a lawfirm, clerked in a store, etc., he generally was very pale and therefore "not a redneck".

Also the word "cracker" originated in Post Civil War Georgia. These people DID NOT crack the whip on slaves. There were no more slaves. These people "Georgia Crackers" were farmers, both Black and White, who were mule drivers. And they had to crack the whip to get those ol' hohery, stubborn mules to move along. It is ironic that "Cracker" now refers to any and every White person re. black slang. And that my friends is Mr. History's diatribe for today!!!! LOL!!!

I don't like the way he calls Julie "Momma"... who the heck does he think he is. I'm stunned she hasn't told him to knock it off. He's completely useless, he doesn't even qualify for "floater"... that would imply more worth than he has. All he is is April's extra vote.

Julie finally did imply that he should knock it off on Craig Ferguson last night. Ollie looked shocked.

ETA:Craig Ferguson link

Archived