Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Survivor Gabon... Spoilers...

Found this posted over at Sucks by Sole Survivor Genius...

My friend wished to remain anonymous, but she recently went to a party hosted by Erik from Survivor Micronesia and she actually got a chance to meet him and talk with him. This is what she told me.

It is long but amazing:

I just got back from Erik's party. :) It was pretty sweet. Erik's really nice and a lot like he is on the show, but not as dumb as they make him look lol. I actually got to talk to him quite a bit about the show and other random things. Then he invited my boyfriend and I (he came with me) to go hang out at a bonfire with his friends after the party had ended. So that was pretty awesome. His mom even invited us to stay at his house and make us pancakes in the morning!! haha. She was really nice and talked my ear off lol. Unfortunately my boyfriend had to work early the next morning so we didn't stay the night. I think it would have been pretty neat though.

Unfortunately, no other Survivors were able to make it which was disappointing. Alexis would have come if she hadn't been in Egypt and Natalie was for sure supposed to be there but Erik said she had some sort of hold-up at the last minute. Ahh well. At least I actually got to talk with Erik instead of just say hi, take a picture and leave. And he gave me an ice cream scoop from the place he works at which is autographed and says "The Ice Cream Scoop From Hell" haha. (Hell is the town the ice cream place is in).

Anyway, just wanted to let you know how it went. :D You should definitely check out my pictures though. I didn't take many because after I started talking to him a lot it felt weird to just take a random picture of him lol. But yeah, check out the pics of him and my boyfriend dirty dancing with an old lady haha. It was hysterical! Good times. :) You should have come!!!

p.s. He said a producer from Survivor told him that a gorilla punched someone in the face while they were filming Survivor: Gabon hahaha. He's not sure if that will be aired or not but I thought it was rather amusing.

Erik's not in Gabon, the producer called him. He said that on the set you pretty much become friends with everyone there and a lot of people exchange numbers with each other. Except for the camera men. Haha. He said they're paid to be quiet and even if you get up close to the camera and say funny things to them they won't talk to you. Isn't that sort of like the guards in England? haha.

One thing he told me about Micronesia is that Kathy was on anti-anxiety pills before the show and you're not allowed to take them if you're on Survivor I guess. So she went cold turkey right before she went on the show and sort of went crazy I guess. He said she had breakdowns almost every day and said she started saying she wanted to quit on the second day.

Another thing... He was telling us how the paying system works. First place gets a million obviously then 2nd is 100,000 then he said third place gets quite a bit too but he wasn't sure how much. He said that after that it drops and goes down by weird increments of like $1,250 or something. So he told us that he ended up making about $60,000 for being on the show. I think maybe you already know this but everyone that attends the reunion show gets $10,000. And the people that got voted out early in Micronesia (pre-jury) went on an all paid for cruise around Australia AND got $100 each to spend/save per day. So Erik basically said that if you're not going to make it far in the game you might as well be voted out early and just get a free vacation out of it lol. He said that Johnny Fairplay had planned all along to do that because he didn't think he would get far because of his reputation.

Another really interesting thing he told me was about tribal council. Apparently no one ever really walked to tribal council. Tribal council took place near civilization (not on either of the islands the tribes were on) and so they always took a boat there. He said if they had walked or swam I guess, it would have taken them 2 hours to get there. So he said the camera men would just start rolling as they started walking toward wherever the boat was at then flip to the tribal area.

Hmm what else... he was talking about some of the people's personalities in real life... he said James was really cool and that when they were at Ponderosa they played Halo a lot lol. He said he liked Ozzy in the beginning but it wasn't as extreme as they showed him on TV. He said after a while he started to notice that Ozzy was extremely full of himself and basically just an ass. He said he was in a really bad mood most of the time he was at Ponderosa. He also told me that Ozzy and Amanda aren't together anymore and they weren't even together during the reunion. Ozzy cheated on her... who would have guessed? I wondered why they didn't mention anything about the relationship at the reunion...

He also said Joel was a really angry person who didn't get along with anyone. But you could pretty much figure that out by the editing...

He also said that the reason the Fans tribe looked so weak was because their beach was way worse than the Favs. It rained ALL the time and that's why they couldn't start a fire because by the time the rain stopped they had to wait a couple hours for everything to dry out. Kathy wasn't exaggerating when she said it rained for 8-10 hours straight. Erik said it was just awful because of all the bugs too. And going back to the whole Fans tribe looking weak, apparently the Favs got fire right away because Yau-Man knew a trick to starting a fire. He used three different people's glasses layered on top of each other to focus the sun's rays better and start a fire. I think he said the Favs had fire the first day because of this. I don't quite remember what they showed on TV...

Wow this is so long but I have to share something else... the beach that the Favs were on was the EXACT same one that the Ulong tribe lived on in Palau... the cave that the Fans slept in was the same one that the Ulong members slept in. I guess they aren't too creative on locations haha. Erik said he wishes they would do a Survivor: Greece. That would be pretty sweet.

Omg I still have more lol. He told me that Survivor 3 was set to be filmed in Palestine, but because of 9/11 they couldn't go there and changed the location to Africa instead. I bet Palestine would have been pretty interesting too. It's a landscape that Survivor has never been to before.

He also told me some pretty sad news. He's 99% positive that Survivor is going to end at 20. He told me that the show just isn't getting enough viewers and sponsors. Remember how neither China or Micronesia had a car challenge? No car company wanted to sponsor them. Even though people have been saying Micronesia was one of the best seasons, there still weren't many viewers; the numbers have been steadily decreasing year after year. So yeah, you better make a kick-ass video and app cuz time is running out!

It was weird because he said that while he was there Jeff was "soul searching" and trying to figure out what to do with his life lol. That sounds funny for Jeff but maybe he's going to be lost in his life after Survivor ends. I mean, he's done it for what, 8 or so years now? And that's a pretty awesome job, going around country to country staying in luxurious places while other people starve lol. But maybe he's tired of always traveling, who knows...

Oh yeah and he has an idea about what the "twist" or whatever might be for Survivor: 18. Since ratings have been low they're trying to mix it up I guess by letting 18 year olds on the show. And what more of a perfect time could you get than Survivor 18? haha. Anyway, he said he thinks they are going to do a young vs old thing and basically match people who are physically strong against people who are not as physically strong but have more knowledge/experience with the world. I think that could be a good idea because it may draw in some of the older crowd to Survivor. They may want to see how people their age to against the "youngins" lol. Anyway, that's just his theory, I'm not really sure where the basis of it came from.

WOW INTERESTING THINGS!! CAN'T WAIT!

HOPE SURVIVOR LAST FOREVER! I'LL BE LOST WITHOUT IT!

p.s. He said a producer from Survivor told him that a gorilla punched someone in the face while they were filming Survivor: Gabon hahaha. He's not sure if that will be aired or not but I thought it was rather amusing.

they better air that!

one of the saddest things ever was when I thought the Mole would never be back.. they were gone for 6 years.. now Its so exciting! :D

I found this at sucks, posted by CSCn3D...

Sigh... are you that lazy that you can't go back and read ten pages?

Just to clarify what the concensus actually is here and give a recap of this thread, the official spoiled cast list so far in order of their time of spoilage (I don't feel like posting pics):

Crystal Cox, the 24 year old olympic sprinter girl (spoiled prefilming, recently confimed to be on the show by numerous sources)

Jackie Berg, the 25 year old medical sales rep from Santa Barbara (spoiled by locolicious, later confirmed to be on by myspace connections)

Charlie Herschel, the 29 year old gay NYC attorney (spoiled by madonnais, later confirmed by myspace connections)

Marcus Lehman, the young doctor featured in the commercial (was one of Charlie's friends on myspace, thus confirming that both were on the show)

The rest of the contestants were spoiled by mutual myspace connections between Jackie and Charlie's public myspaces):

Corinne, the 29 year old woman from Hollywood (the only one of our spoiled contestants that hasn't officially been confirmed by SFever)

Kellay Pinto, the 22 year old busty Hooter's waitress from Chicago

Paloma Soto-Castillo, the 23 year old Jesus-lovin' latina from Long Beach <3

Ace Gordon, the 27 year old photographer from Naples

Jennifer "Sugar" Kiper, the 29 year old mactress from NYC and LA

Danny Brown, the 26 year old rapper from Portland, OR

For the record, Tyler and Elizabeth are NOT contestants, and the "ex-factor" twist was only wild speculation.

No no Erin, you have to remember that Survivor isn't live like BB is, so when they get home they add each other to their myspace accounts and someone more savvy than I can connect the new adds and figure out that some of them were on Survivor...

So Charlie Herschel, the cuter one, is the gay attorney- not Whatshisname Kay. :disappointed:

Ginger a boot list is a list of the order the people were booted off the show... Like Brian was the frist boot for BB and then there was a list for people starting with him... The thing is with Survivor we sometimes get the list before the show starts, because Survivor is taped and then it airs... Because it's not live like BB there is a bigger chance of people telling what happened in what order in the game...

OK This isn't a boot list but here are a couple of things until we get rolling good... Found this over at Sucks...

Tribe brake downs...

Red team (named Kota) Yellow team (named Fang)

Susie Charlie

Crystal Ace

Danny Robert

Michelle Marcus

Matty Kelly

Gillian Corinne

Dan Jessica

Ken Paloma

ETA: Found this over at Survivor Fever...

Nobag (Gabon backwards)

Merged Buff - Blue?

Exile:

The biggest twist of Survivor: Gabon involves Exile (formerly Exile Island). "When you go to Exile this time you can either get a clue that will help you find the hidden immunity idol, or you can get 'instant comfort' - a nice thing to sleep on, some food, some fruit," explains host Jeff Probst. "Depending upon the time, we'll make the temptation bigger and bigger. The idea was to see if anybody would be dumb enough to choose comfort over the only thing that guarantees you to stick in the game, which is immunity." Okay, did it work? "By the time this season is over, you can make the case that maybe this is the dumbest team when it comes to idol play."

Hidden Idols:

The show's addition of a hidden immunity idol (which Probst describes as "one of the best inventions we've ever come up with") has also prompted some of the game's most ingenious strategic moves. In this respect, Probst promises that viewers can expect more of the same from Survivor: Gabon

Red team (named Kota) Yellow team (named Fang)

Susie Charlie

Crystal Ace

Danny Robert

Michelle Marcus

Matty Kelly

Gillian Corinne

Dan Jessica

Ken Paloma

Not very creative in the name department this season...Fang? :rolleyes:

Good Vs. Evil Theme

Marooned in the wilderness, 18 individuals will embark on an amazing African adventure, battling extreme conditions and interacting with wildlife such as elephants and gorillas, while attempting to forge alliances with strangers from diverse backgrounds. "In a strange coincidence to Earth's Last Eden - good vs. evil emerges as a major theme this season. I think the audience will quickly identify with one group or the other," host Jeff Probst teases. Will the group of deceitful castaways outlast those individuals who play from their heart or will the forces of evil prevail? Will temptations interfere with logical decision-making?

I love this theme! If I had to take a guess...Fang is Team Evil while Kota is Team Angel? If the teams are divided the way Yana shows them- Ace and Marcus (the "arrogant" one) are on Fang that's why I'm guessing thats the evil team. But Paloma is on that team too? Say it aint so!

Thanks Yana, but doesn't that ruin the surprise of the ending if you know who is leaving. Geesh, if I can only get my hands on a bootlist I may have a chance of picking a winner in a reality show...it would be first time ever. lol

I just looked over at SurvivorFever and they have the listing of the teams pretty much the same except Fang is the red team and Kota is the yellow team. Also, they have Randy on Fang and Jacque on Kota. They weren't listed in the original division mentioned. They also have a few photos showing how they determined Fang was red and Kota yellow. survivorfever spoiler page

So after looking at who is on the teams, It looks like Kota has more potential for having the "evil" members...cept for Bob and Paloma, maybe? :animated_scratchchin:

Well, crap... I don't know how I messed the teams up... Oh well, at least someone checked up on me... Thanks Kayo for keeping me in line LOL...

Yeah Ginger... There's only been one year that was a total spoil for us... I can't remember what season it was but it was the season with Tom the fireman as the winner... We think it was one of the actual survivors from that season that was spoiling it... They gave out information on everything from who got what in challenges IE: when they do the auction for things you don't know is what is under the dome, to who the final two were... That season it was Tom and Katie... With Ian being the F3... It wasn't hard to guess who was going to win for that season, because Tom was the worker bee that everyone liked and Katie was the coat tail rider that did nothing, but piss people off...

OK So I have been checking around today and from everything I can find, tonight is supposed to change things a little, and believe it or not Fang is supposed to win both challenges tonight... For that reason there is a lot of speculation that Paloma goes tonight, because she does so bad in the challenge... I found a list that I will add here that will at least give us a list of who might be going before the jury...

Crystal Cox - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- Olympic Gold Medal winner (if made known to others)

- ethnic minority

- aggressive personality

- poor performance in pick'em challenge

- Med-High Facetime

Against Boot:

- athletic (Olympian)

- strong

- 1st tribal pick'em

- aligned w/Susie

- Fang is speced to win IC3 (logic from teaser of RC3 female ragdoll (Paloma) being vulnerable)

Vulnerability: Safe

Dan Kay - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- targeted by Crystal

- loner

- Med-High Facetime

- Gabon: 'worst place ever' (Facebook)

- lawyer (if made known to others)

- got to know Kelly (realityblurred)

Against Boot:

- athletic

- strong

- leader (chal/defacto)

- suspected to possibly have HI

- Fang is speced to win IC3 (logic from teaser of RC3 female ragdoll (Paloma) being vulnerable)

Vulnerability: Slightly Vulnerable

Danny "GC" Brown - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- ethnic minority

- loner

- bonds w/Kelly (MySpace - 'Sao Tome' travel ref)

- quit as leader

- went for E1 Individual Immunity instead of teamwork

- High Facetime

Against Boot:

- athletic

- Kota MySpace friend list (MySpace)

- started fire and got fish

Vulnerability: Slightly Vulnerable

Ken Hoang - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- loner

- aligned w/booted player (Michelle)

- targeted by someone (Crystal?)

- Med Facetime

Against Boot:

- gamer skills

Vulnerability: Vulnerable

Matty Whitmore - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- slacker

- trust fund baby (if made known to others)

Against Boot:

- athletic (surfer/trainer)

- personable

- JP favorite (mentioned several times)

- Highlighted in Toronto Metro commuter ad (speedyforme)

- team player in E1

- Med-Low Facetime

Randy Bailey - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- aggressive personality

- mouthy

- head injury

- loner

- Med-High Facetime

Against Boot:

- strong

- made fish hooks from glasses

- possibly makes FV (JP interview)

Susie Smith - Fang Tribe

For Boot:

- mouthy

- poor performances in challenges

Against Boot:

- personable

- aligned w/Crystal

- Low Facetime

Ace Gordon - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- targeted by Marcus/Charlie

- cocky personality

- Kota is speced to lose IC3 and attend TC (logic from teaser of RC3 female ragdoll (Paloma) being vulnerable)

Against Boot:

- world traveler

- athletic

- strong

- leader (chal/defacto)

- personable

- good social skills

- 1st pick'em choice

- team player in E1

- Med-Low Facetime

Bob Crowley - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- older cast

- not in Kota MySpace friend list (MySpace)

- Med Facetime

- Kota is speced to lose IC3 and attend TC (logic from teaser of RC3 female ragdoll (Paloma) being vulnerable)

Against Boot:

- Set to appear at High School Viewing Oct. 2 episode (Portland Press Herald Article)

- outdoor skills

- experiences multiple challenges

- tribal pick'em leader

- good camp worker

- Onion alliance 5th wheel (Marcus/Charlie/Corinne/Jacque+Bob)

Charlie Herschel - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- lawyer (if made known to others)

- High Facetime

Against Boot:

- athletic (marathoner)

- personable

- weight loss

- good social skills

- Onion alliance (Marcus/Charlie/Corinne/Jacque+Bob)

- aligned w/Marcus

Corinne Kaplan - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- aggressive personality

- social predator

- picked last at pick'em

Against Boot:

- UTR Facetime

- flirted w/Marcus(E1-2)

Jacque Berg - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- hyperactive

Against Boot:

- athletic

- personable

- bonds w/Kelly (MySpace)

- makes 'choice' (MySpace - Kelly)

- experienced extended camping/challenges (interview)

- flirted w/Marcus(E1-E2)

- UTR Facetime

Jessica "Sugar" Smith - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- poor camp worker

- weak in challenges

- actress (if made known to others)

- recent marriage (unlikely as winner)

- recent loss of Dad

- Med Facetime

Against Boot:

- good social skills

- bonded w/Ace

- E3 exile-potential Immunity Idol holder

Vulnerability: Safe?

Kelly Czarnecki - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- got to know Dan/Susie/Matty (realityblurred)

- aggressive personality

- social predator

- web pre-season high profile

- bonds w/Danny-GC (MySpace - 'Sao Tome' travel ref)

- unlikely to make Jury (MySpace - 'Sao Tome' travel ref)

Against Boot:

- athletic

- strong

- bonds w/Jacque (MySpace)

- Highlighted in Toronto Metro commuter ad (speedyforme)

- UTR Facetime

Marcus Lehman - Kota Tribe

For Boot:

- doctor (if made known to others)

- 'playa'

- Med-High Facetime

Against Boot:

- athletic

- strong (tennis player)

- personable

- highlighted in Toronto Metro commuter ad (speedyforme)

- aligned w/Charlie

Paloma Soto-Castillo - Tribe

For Boot:

- Yoga diss edit

- 'worst experience of life' ('astroline')

- does not win ('astroline)'

- 'roughed up so badly' (E3 preview/teasers)

- 'tossed like a rag doll during RC3' (E3 preview/teasers)

Against Boot:

- personable

- good social skills

- lived in Africa

- Low Facetime

Wolfies Weekly Illogical oops ment Logical assumptions :

Okay All this is an extremely difficult week , all the spoilers out there are all over the place no one has a clue I think. So for me I am going to go out on a limb this week and use only my Logic of what I think and this week it is different from most of the spoilers why , because I think so and it makes more sence to my little pea brain.

CBS Hints:

CBS Website Clues

After a grueling fifteen days with sparse supplies of food, both tribes engage in close race that results in a sweet taste of victory for one.

Kota ( Sweet for a hungry Randy)

I say Randy cause he has bitched about the food situation so much this makes me think for him it is a sweet victory.

After winning reward, one tribe makes a surprising decision on who to send to Exile.

Kenny

I think Kenny cause it would be surprising and we don't see him in any of the pics looking for the missing GC

Overwhelming hunger and homesickness puts one Castaway's entire alliance in jeopardy .

GC

Not cause he is missing but because he is an idiot I think anyway.

One of the strongest bonds in the game finds itself on shaky ground after a frustrating performance in an intense Immunity Challenge.

Marcus / Charlie

Marcus would not be happy if Charlie oopsed and Ace Expects sugar to do poorly at challenges.

Snooping pays off for a group of Castaways when they find the hidden immunity idol in their tribemate's belongings.

Crystal

As seen in pics with Matty watching going through Sugars things

So with all that said here is my Illogical Picks for the week that disagree with most the spoilers out there.

RC :Kota

Exhile : Kenny

Missing / Kidnapped ( Message in a bottle ) : GC

I believe the shot of him rowing in the boat is cause he is aware he is kidnapped

IC : Fang

Tribal : Kota

Boot : Randy / Charlie

I think Charlie screws up but I don't think Marcus will get rid of him yet so for fantasy league I put Randy for the boot . Why not Susie or Dan just a hunch and Even though Randy proved him self in the IC last week , I am thinking that Dan is on Marcus side and can be trusted more then Randy if he has to make a choice.

I've been thinking along the line of both tribes trying to throw the immunity challenge. At the moment, fang has 4 old fang members to 3 old kota and kota has 4 old kota and 3 old fang. Any strategist would want to lose this and get one of the newer members out. In fact, had I played last week (as if you'd ever catch me roughing it for as much as a weekend even!), I'd have had Kota throw last week, get rid of Susie and have an 8 Kota - 6 Fang supremacy right now. If Kota tries to throw it, Ace will work his butt off for a Fang win to save himself and Sugar.

My pick to go would be Dan or Susie. Randy is a cantankerous old coot and they may suspect he has few Fang allies and he played well last week. If they want a potential threat for later game, Dan should go. If still thinking about winning next challenge, then they will vote out Susie.

More I've been reading, the more confused I am. Though noone has any sources, most are thinking Kota wins Immunity cause they aren't planning on reteaming with the old-kotas at merge. Very confusing.

I agree with Wolf on the reward wins and total lack of useful info out there. Totally sucks this week.

Okay all I know I sucked last week and probably do again as this is sooner then I been looking lately .

Again there no true spoilers out there and this is what I think from what I see and believe. Okay we all

know that my oppions alone suck , lol oh well maybe better luck this week.

1.One tribe makes a lucky catch that results in an exotic feast. (Fang , Just because we know they been going hungry)

2.One castaway

Sign in to follow this