Big Brother In The Media

Dade

Courtesy of: BUDDYTV

Big Brother 10: Five Potentially Ugly Rivalries

Friday, July 11, 2008

bigbrothepotentchriv.jpg

It's the eve of the eve of Big Brother 10's premiere, and fans are awaiting the action with bated breath. Big Brother fans are an optimistic bunch, and expectations always run high prior to the season premiere. Once the season starts, though, fans predictably rebel, call the current season lackluster, yet tune in for every episode while watching hours of live feed action. It's a noticeable pattern, and it will likely happen again this year. Unless, that is, Allison Grodner and her CBS cronies have actually cast a great season for the first time since I began my Big Brother fandom. For this to be the case, we need a handful of likable and dynamic personalities, at least one divisive love 'em or hate 'em houseguest, and an evil alliance that America can rally against. Conflict is what Big Brother viewers want, but that's only one part of it; we also want entertaining conflict. With that in mind, here's a look at five potential combustible in-house combinations.

Dan vs. the House

Dan, just by looking at his biography, is poised to piss off just about everyone in the house. First, he's somewhat sexist, even admittedly so, and doesn't think that America is ready for a female president. He even said that he would have left the country had Hilary been elected president. He's also, obviously, a staunch republican. Given this information, who isn't a possible enemy for Dan? The entire female population of the Big Brother house could take offense to his sexist beliefs. Steven, a gay man, probably won't like his politics. Ditto for Brian, who I'm presuming is liberal because he's from the bay area (quite an assumption, I know, but this is all hypothetical). Any male Hilary supporter or liberal might be irked by Dan, leaving few potential alliance mates.

April vs. Keesha

Warring factions on Big Brother usually consist of polar opposites or similar personalities competing for territory. April and Keesha are the token

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

24/7 BB10: Jerry Wins POV and Changes His Nominations

July 13, 2008 11:23:19 by Britteny_Elrick

steven-300x225.jpg

Lights, camera, drama! Already on tonight

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother 10

by Krista and Adam

Episode Recap: Big Brother 10 Premiere!

Hey gang! It's been nearly three months since we crowned our last Big Brother champion in a special (though lackluster) strike-induced season of our favorite guilty pleasure. Krista and I are back, bringing you the tri-weekly recaps and our thoughts on the show and the houseguests. We also have some other exciting features planned for Big Brother 10 on TVGuide.com this summer (more on that below), so get ready for an awesome season!

Perhaps because many viewers (yours truly, included) felt the winter/spring edition was a dud, BB 10 claims it's going "back to basics" this summer. What does that mean? Well for starters, the houseguests

Big Brother 10: Jerry Breaks His Alliance and Puts Brian up for Eviction!

July 15, 2008 09:02:39 by Britteny_Elrick

jerryupset2-300x227.jpg

Sunday

BB10: Brian Evicted, Jessie Wins HOH

July 16, 2008 07:29:59 by Ryan Haidet

brian-eliminated.jpg

Day 9 arrived for the 13 contestants in the Big Brother house, and tonight they had to choose which houseguest to evict first

Courtesy of; REALITBLURRED

Big Brother 10 fast-forwards into strategy, drama

While Big Brother usually slowly builds its way into drama, like someone in their 80s pushing a car onto the interstate. But this week, the 10th season accelerated from zero to 120 this week, as the cast members started strategizing in a way that usually doesn

"Big Brother"

The winter edition of "Big Brother" proved one thing: a group of idiots locked in a house for three months isn't necessarily entertaining. Also, a winter edition of "Big Brother" was a bad idea, in no small part because tracking the houseguests' antics can be a full-time job, and obsessive viewers need nine months to recover.

For season 10, executive producer Allison Grodner is promising a return to the show's original format, with none of the houseguests having pre-existing relationships, which hasn't happened since the show's third season. Maybe that will help, but if not, it's time for some innovation, perhaps in the form of new producers, not ones who produce the show as if they're trapped in a bubble with no outside world contact.

At the very least, the show needs to keep itself in the summer, where the heat and humidity is so oppressive we have no choice but to stay inside and spend time with a group of narcissistic, stupid jerkfaces.

They really need to do some fact checking over seas, 1st Pam Anderson said theirs no BB in USA, now its was canned a few years ago.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radi...am-1435343.html

"Australia is not the first country to dump Big Brother. Germany, Poland and the US dropped it, though in each of these cases it was later recommissioned after a gap of two or three years."

showtime is what save bb imho

Courtesy of; REALITYBLURRED

Ratings drop for Big Brother, tying record lows

After having its lowest-rated debut ever on Sunday, Big Brother 10 lost a few viewers for its weeknight episodes, and was down from last summer.

On Tuesday, the show

Jessie Nominates Dan & Steven

July 20, 2008 08:12:19 by Ryan Haidet

dan-nominated.jpg

Several days have passed since Brian was the first person evicted from the Big Brother house. And in case you forgot, tonight

BB10: Steven Voted Out, Keesha Wins HOH

July 23, 2008 07:23:37 by Ryan Haidet

steven-ousted.jpg

Day 16 arrived with the Big Brother players prepared to make their second eviction

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Big Brother 10

Episode Recap: July 23, 2008 (Eviction 2)

Hey everyone

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Big Brother 10's Brian: "I Went Down Playing"

by Adam Bryant

Monday, July 21, 2008

080721int1bigbrother.jpg

Brian Hart, Big Brother 10

Not since the days of Dr. Will have Big Brother fans seen a truly ambitious mastermind pulling strings in the house. Big Brother 10's Brian Hart was up to such a challenge, but unfortunately he pulled too many strings way too fast, proudly making deals with almost every person in the house. In the end, his best laid plans turned sour, and the house sent him packing with a stiff 9-1 vote. We caught up with Brian to see if, looking back, he should have slowed down his approach and why he thinks he already knows who will take this season's top prize.

TVGuide.com: How disappointed were you to be the first person out of the house?

Brian: I am disappointed that I was the first to go, but the thing is, I went down playing. A lot of those people in the house wanted to sit around and pick off floaters for three weeks, and that's just really not my personality. I wanted to get in and win that money, and to win that money you've got to take people out who are going to get in your way. I didn't know when or if I was going to get another shot to take Memphis, so I took a shot. Big risks equal big rewards.

TVGuide.com: But did you really need to take all those risks in the first seven days of play?

Brian: The timing was the problem. In hindsight, I would have done the same thing, but I would have put it into effect 24 hours before the veto ceremony. Memphis and I even joked before I left the house that the same eight people who unified to send me home were ready, 12 hours earlier, to send Memphis home. So looking back, I would have probably put the plan into action a little later in the week.

TVGuide.com: Would you have maybe been a little less cocky about your control in the house?

Brian: The arrogance was part of the plan. Like I told Ollie and Dan, the goal of my arrogance was to take the light off the people who were working in the shadow of it.

TVGuide.com: Did you know before the veto ceremony that everything had shifted in the house?

Brian: As soon as I saw Jerry didn't have any of his military gear on, and as soon as Jerry stared talking, that was the first time I had any idea what was going on.

TVGuide.com: Do you think you could have done better without an alliance?

Brian: The whole plan I had was based off of, unfortunately, the people I was working closely with doing their jobs. Everyone I was in an alliance with knew exactly who I was talking to. I told them if they just listened to me and did what they had to do, we'd be fine. And we would have been, but two people of the four flipped. If one of the four had flipped, I probably could have balanced it, but not two.

TVGuide.com: With things like the puppet show, you proved you were a lot of fun. Do you think if you had let more of that out sooner you'd still be in the house?

Brian: I did have a lot of fun. Basically every game in that house, I created. We were joking when I was packing up because I was like, "I don

Courtesy of; CBSPRESSEXPRESS

-- "BIG BROTHER 10 WEDNESDAY" AND "GREATEST AMERICAN DOG" SWITCHING TIME PERIODS

07.25.2008 CBS PROGRAM ADVISORY

"Big Brother" Live Eviction Show Returns to its Regular Summer Thursday 8:00 PM Time Period

BIG BROTHER 10 WEDNESDAY will move to Thursday, beginning next week, switching time periods with GREATEST AMERICAN DOG.

The switch returns the weekly BIG BROTHER live eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, to its familiar summer Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM) time period, effective July 31.

This week's Wednesday broadcast (4.1/07, 6.22m) improved on the previous week's premiere by +5% in households (from 3.9/07), +13% in adults 25-54 (2.6/08 from 2.3/07), +17% in adults 18-49 (2.1/07 from 1.8/06) and added +460,000 viewers (from 5.76m, +8%).

In its three broadcasts, GREATEST AMERICAN DOG is averaging 4.9/09 in households, 7.52 million viewers, 2.4/08 in adults 25-54 and 1.8/06 in adults 18-49. GREATEST AMERICAN DOG's move to Wednesday (8:00-9:00 PM) is effective July 30.

Live chat with Steven & Brian TONIGHT!

9pm CST/10pm EST there will be a live interview at

www.blogtalkradio.com/bigbrotherafterdark

with both Steven and Brian from BB10.

Click link to listen live and if you'd like to join chat you will need to create a username and sign in.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/BigBrotherAft...o-is-going-home

Call in # 1-347-633-9421

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

BB10: Keesha Nominates Jesse and Angie for Eviction!

July 27, 2008 06:51:53 by Britteny_Elrick

angie-jesse-nominated1-300x226.jpg

On tonight

Zap2it article...

'Big Brother': All Quiet on the Big Brother Front

Wed, 30 Jul 2008 | Zap2it's Guide to Big Brother

The Big Brother house has been pretty quiet as of late. With Keesha not using POV, it looks like Angie is out the door for sure. Jessie made a good go at becoming Mr. 'Roid Rage Crazy Pants, but I still think the Libra/April/Ollie/Keesha alliance is going to get Angie out of the house. Angie seems to have accepted it and not much is happening on the live feeds.

One interesting tidbit that just supports my April and Keesha are stupid Mean Girls who are only jealous of Angie is that the boys in the house told Renny that Angie is the "most natural" beauty in the house (which she is). April and Keesha naturally hated hearing that and sat around for awhile yesterday talking about how unpretty Angie is. It is so transparent why they don't like her, it makes me want to barf. Libra is surprisingly campaigning to get Jessie out, but I don't think the Mean Girls will go for it.

Renny's birthday came around and Big Brother didn't do anything for her, which is lame, so April made Renny a chocolate chip cookie cake. That's nice of her.

America's Player is back, folks! I'm sure you all heard on the show last night, but go to CBS to vote on who America's Player should be. I'm voting for Memphis. He's about the only player left that I like.

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

BB10: April Targets Jessie & Memphis

August 3, 2008 07:52:01 by Ryan Haidet

april-hanging-on.jpg

The last time viewers got a glimpse inside the Big Brother 10 house, the contestants were shaking, tilting and holding on for the power to win Head of Household.

Each standing on an elevated platform, the task was simple

Archived