Libra

Jem

I know, Marty - I can't wrap my brain around her leaving those little babies for so long. It's totally going to be her loss, and I so don't understand why she would be willing to miss all she is going to miss as they grow and change so much in the next few months.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that CBS is hoping to stimulate political controversy...much like they hoped to create "till death do they part" soulmates last season. This is nothing more than Alision and crew priming the pump...the show will take its own course once the ship sets sail.

This seasons' HG's do seem a little less Vapid than last season's hamsters...but time will tell.

Well, when Robyn "bends the truth" about a houseguest saying he doesn't believe men and women are equal and then he openly states he believes men and women are equal in his interviews, I believe there is political bias there. It is after all an election year and CBS has democratic-leaning tendencies.

But this is the Libra thread. I don't want to get off on a tangent here.

She's leaving her babies behind to plug the fact that she gave birth to "medical rarities." Just another attention seeker in my book.

I don't think she cares for black men, her list of attractions include only white men.

I do believe that Libra may be Grodner's "chosen" child this season and hoping she stirs things up in the house.

I like her. No, I am not a "staunch" Obama supporter, no I am not a vegan, nothing like that. I do love politics and I will be interested to see her "debate" with that rediculous Dan.

I am saddened by most of you posting negative comments about her leaving her kids. Ok, so I agree, leaving 4 month old twins was probably the hardest thing she ever did. However, those children, I am sure, are well taken care of and she knows that. Also, someone said that she is going to miss all of their milestones, which is a load of crap. Yes, she will miss some milestones, but children don't experience all of their milestones between the ages of 4 to 7 months. I do know this because my son is not even a year yet.

I have somewhat experienced something similar yet different. My fiance is going school 250 miles from home (he's home for the summer currently), which means he is gone for 7 months of the year. My son has not been negatively affected by it at all. Since my fiance came home in May, he is now my son's favorite person in the world. I don't think her twins are going to be negatively affected by it as long as they are well taken care of while she is gone. I think she is courageous for being able to leave her children. I think her 4 year old is going to have a harder time with Libra being gone actually.

Just my opinion (man, I don't think I have made a post on here for like 2 years, feels good to be back)...

I don't think I said her being gone would negatively affect those babies, BUT I just can't imagine as a mother why she would want to miss such a big chunk of their first year. Of course they don't hit all their milestones in a three month time period, but WOW, babies do change so much so quickly. I would hate to miss one second of it, much less months.

It's her choice, so whatever, but I just don't understand it (on my own personal level).

Someone leaves their new babies ( I don't care if it's one or five ) for a game/reality show I'm going to look reallllllllllllllllllllll funny at them. As a rule most mother's maternal instincts are stronger than the sense of adventure OR money. That immediately catagorizes her as odd in my books.

UPV, I may agree with you, also in the guys she likes why weren't they more diverse??, She only named White guys, to each his own, but I find that a little pecarious not mentioning any hot guys from your own race.

She listed who she thought was hot. Does she *have* to mention men of her own race?

Color me confused. :animated_scratchchin:

Her leaving and being a new mom: If her husband is fine with it then I'm fine with it.

she has jungle fever :dance2:

I'm not getting the "bad mom" vibe because she is leaving her children with their father, and probably supportive family members (grandmothers, great-granddads, uncles, sisters, etc). What's the difference with her agreeing to do the show and her job sending her out of the state for a few months? What if she was a military mom and had to go to another country?

Maybe she was asked to be on an earlier season of Big Brother and was pregnant at the time and decided that instead of going on pregnant, she would go on after having children. Who knows.

Pinky: Glad you revealed yourself and joined in the fun.

A few points about Libra:

• We are not talking 1, not 2 but 3 small children - 2 who were just born while she was going through the interview process.
  • She is choosing to be on a reality show - not life tossing her a curve ball that she and her family have to deal with.
  • BB is not like American Idol where there is some type of skill that advances the hopes/dreams for you and your family.
  • In fact, BB is exactly the type of show where you intentionally opt to have people watch and scrutinize every detail about you - she set herself up for this critisim.
  • I actually like pretty much everything else I read about her and think she will make the show more interesting.

Shelia left her teen-ager with a man, and I don't remember people angry about that? The only complaints/ jokes were that she thought the guy would stop her son from reading/ watching the live feeds.

I agree with another poster who said if her husband is ok with taking care of the kids for a few months, then I'm ok with it.

I just don't understand how she could leave her young babies. It wouldn't be so bad if it were another reality tv show. Most reality shows don't last as long and you can have some contact with your family. It could motivate her to win comps so she can have letters and pictures from home. Besides Jerry, is she the only parent in the house? If she doesn't win, I hope she's kicked off before the jury starts.

i agree with those who are saying how can she leave young kids at home

imho she must love drama to leave the kids at home to be with these nutcase hg

leaving a 16 year old at home is quite a bit of difference then 4 month old

16year old for most part is practically an adult

I don't think there are any other parents on there besides those two. Of course some people don't reveal that information when on these shows either. (Some dumb show with couples trying to see if their SO would cheat on them and one couple had a son which was against the rules I believe.)

I think it is just hard for me to comprehend. This is a choice she is making for personal reasons. I can only assume she has not bonded with her children or she would not leave them.

I felt the most awesome love for my child that I spent every minute with her I could. I could not wait to come home from work to kiss my little baby on the cheek and just be with the the most wonderful thing in my life. I loved every minute with her. You could not have paid me a million zillion dollars to leave her for 3 months.

I am not going to like her just because she is a beautiful black woman or because of who she supports for president. I chose to like people for other reasons.

just sayin

I just don't understand why so much hate for this woman without having seen one mili-second on the show. It's not like she left her kids in a trashcan. They are with family, right?

My point about Shelia was that she didn't even leave her kid with family. Didn't Kail leave her kids with her husband?

Actually Brandi - that is something that I thought of but was still mulling over. I have not posted anything on Jerry yet - but do think his situation is different as it involves 2 adults that have been together 50 years and he stated that she is in the early stages of Parkinson's and is keeping in shape to take care of her when she needs it (for what that is worth). I think I liken that situation more to Shelia leaving a 16 year old for Big Bro than someon leaving 3 children under the age of 5 - 2 who are 4 months old.

I think I am consistent in my feelings - It is situational. Example: I was not too keen on the guy (Jason) who made it to the final two on the recent Bachelorette. He was primary parent for his young son and was away from him for a dating show, that he "lost" AND he involved the kid in the process when they all met on his "hometown date".

No hate at all for Libra. Just saying it is something hard for me to understand. It is the ages of twins 4 months old and a daughter 4 years old. Just can't comprehend a mother doing that.

Sheila's son was almost 17 years old and was with her ex. (who Mick very much loved and admired and a good male figure)

Archived