I Have Doubts Of More Ethnic Diversity Again, But I'll See What Happens.

jkygogo

I'm glad if they do have more Age diverse cast. But I'm negative about having a more ethnic diverse cast. I really hope they'll have a more ethnic diverse cast in addition to more Age Diversity, but again about the Ethnic diversity, I'm Skeptical. :disgust:

IMO even when a reality show casts people of color, they always end up being a horrible stereotype. I would love to see someone like me on Big Brother, and when I auditioned I stressed that point. Unfortunately, it doesn't make as good TV as the flaming gay black man, or the crazy latina screaming at everyone. And, btw, if ethical diversity does not matter to you, its probably because you are an American of European descent. (not a slam, of course, just saying...)

well said

stop casting the sterotypes

actually I am not abba..... but I don't see color .... or religion... I see people... some I like.. some I don't care for. I can say that I have never hated anyone. Guess i was just raised differently that a lot of people. The soul is what makes a person... not the surface or religion.

but I don't see color .... or religion... I see people... some I like.. some I don't care for. I can say that I have never hated anyone. Guess i was just raised differently that a lot of people. The soul is what makes a person... not the surface or religion.

Twin, we were raised alike!

I only see the person, don't care if they are purple with green spots, or what God they believe in, as long as they believe in respect. :animated_bouncy:

that is refreshing to hear Sue...... lots of folks to see things the way we do. Cute story... my life long best friend was here to visit a few weeks ago and we went out to lunch. A few days later someone came up and asked me who the black lady was.... I had no idea what they were talking about... They said.. the one you went to lunch with the other day. OMG I have never thought of her as black. Crazy World !

For me, it is not a matter of diversity in BB it is more of a "lack of diversity" (age, race, religion, gameplay, intelligence, ethics, etc).

Last season was just loaded with cookie cutter clones who each had the depth of a wading pool.

I mean there wasn't even diversity in food...it was all hostess cupcakes and ho hos...not one twinkee in the bunch.

You're definately right about the number of ho-hos...

The problem I see with them casting a bunch of "normal" people is they would have another season of BB1. If they have normal people, they need to offer more entertainment. more challenges, more comps, more puzzles. What makes BB such a guilty pleasure is watching people do things you would never do...especially with millions watching.

But then again, I think being trapped in the fish bowl kind of makes the "normal" person a little wacky. Every season I watch and think, "Wow, she's boring" or "He's so regular"...but then, about day three they start going nuts.

confirmed

lets see how diverse

I definitely want to see more different ethnicities. Possibly, if you're of the majority, you don't care about this fact. But me being of a different ethnicity, I want to see more ethnicities. But the ethnicities have to be entertaining and confident too.

But if you're of the majority in terms of race, you might still want to see different ethnicities. And there may be people of different ethnicities who don't care about this fact.

I loved it when Curtis was on and of course loved it with Kaysar. And although I don't agree with some of her views, I'm glad Jun was on Big Brother.

Please show more ethnicities, because it's important, believe me. And this will attract more divergent ethnicities to the show. You might not care, but believe me, if you start seeing more people of different ethnicites on, Big Brother will get more viewership I believe.

Yes, Yes, I know we're all equal regardless of race. But I would love to see more different ethnicites on.

But I'm skeptical there will be different etnicities this season.

Sorry to be negative, but it annoys me that some of you here don't care about this. You mean to tell me you didn't enjoy watching Kaysar and his different ethnicity and culture? That was awesome and fascinating and he was great. But again, if you don't care, that's your view. But I enjoyed it.

wait.. I never said I did not care..... that is fine with me but, the personalities... and maturity levels are what I think are most important.. regardless of all other factors. Marvin was one of my favorites.. did not like Jun but Danielle was also a favorite.... Danielle and Marvin had maturity and class !!

actually both King... but... like you... Amy has been and still is one of my most favorite HG ever... Danielle Donato is up there with amy also.

actually both King... but... like you... Amy has been and still is one of my most favorite HG ever... Danielle Donato is up there with amy also.

Hotty Toddy Amy !!!

You wanna talk about stereotypes? I think the white people on the show give white people a bad name and I'm white! lmao It would be refreshing to see a season of BB which has more than one token minority. You can't tell me there aren't people of all races applying to get on this show. If the producers would take a different approach they may be surprised at the increase in viewership.

I'm glad to hear there will be more older HG. I just hope they have some sense and don't give us fogies a bad reputation!

rofl.gif

I'm going to be racist here and say I want a house full of Americans (wich last I checked was a melting pot of many differnt cultures)

Also Diversity for the sake of diversity sucks.. You don't need to do the whole. 1 Big breasted bimbo + 1 black person + 1 hispanic + 1 flaming homosexual + 1 old grumpy person + 1 successful business person + 1 freakshow +1 "Secret couple" = BB House

Cast intersting Diverse people because of who they are not because of what race they are. Casting someone just to fill a racial/sterotype quota is demeaning and to me more insutling then casting someone for the content of thier chracter.

It would be refreshing to see a season of BB which has more than one token minority.

If they cast more than one or two the most than it is no longer a "token." The "token" as you speak of is casted to cause a "disruption" or an "uneasiness" in the house which means that the producers get some controversy and good arguments; just what they are looking for.

Putting a muslim in the house in season 6 didn't quite get the effect they were looking for - JMO.

Just to play devil's advocate here...but alot of the discussions have been about not having enough black people in the house, well, there have been only two asians but they're never mentioned.

As for ages...an ass is an ass is an ass...no matter what age.

No matter who's in the house, there will always be someone to give the white, black, homosexual, christian and women bad names. And this may be because they are only interested in getting another career out of the competition.

I'm just looking for people who truly want to win the money (sparing me the details of how much their family needs it because in that case they should look for real jobs) and go in the house without taking sides from the git-go, scoping out the house and players and then launching a strategy.

JMO!!!! :)

What some people don't get (probably because, as i said earlier, they look like the majority) is that there is NOT that many more white people than people of color in America. Yes, I would like to see a group of people from different educational, socio economic, religious and what not backgrounds, but that doesn't mean they all have to be white. That is my point. 1 out of 18 makes no sense. I see color al the time, then again I am an American born Hispanic woman in the South that was racially profiled and almost deported. I would love to see no color, but I think I would have to start life over with white skin.

Abba, I am sorry to hear what you went through. We have many Hispanics here in our community (in the south) and we have no problems here. In fact, most of the families are very involved in the community activities and are very respected in the community.

Archived