Amy Winehouse

WickedOne

Amy Jade Winehouse (born 14 September 1983) is an English singer-songwriter, known for her eclectic mix of various musical genres including soul, jazz and R&B and let's not forget her legal problems, eating disorder, substance abuse, and fights.

Anyone want to place bets when we'll be seeing this one in the Obits?

There are actually bookies who specialize in betting on celeb deaths! I hear Britney used to be pretty high on the list. I'm sure Amy is waaaaaay above her though!!

I bet it will be around new year's! :animated_scratchchin:

Oh, please don't let her die young. The last thing we need is another Kurt Cobain...

I don't want anyone to die young, but she's a train wreck waiting to happen! She already looks like a walking skeleton. On one hand I feel sorry for her ... but on the other, she's done this to herself.

It's not that I am a big fan of Cobain, but Amy Winehouse (I've heard 1/4 of one song and that was enough) is not even close to Cobain.

I am one of those who believe neither would John Lennon or Elvis be the legends they are today had they been alive.

The Dead Pool...it's as popular in some places as much as The Superbowl pools.

I disagree about Elvis just because he was known for a different style of music and being vulgar ( considered vulgar THEN ) on stage. He was nice looking in his youth too. Lennon, not so much. Not a Beatles, or Lennon OR Brittish anything fan period.

You can take the girl out of the trailor park but you can't take the trailor park out of the girl. Seems to be an awful lot of trailor trash hollywood girls this generation.

I brought up Cobain, because IMO, there was someone who did what he did when he did much better than he did it. But he died by his own hand pretty young with untapped potential. I see Winehouse doing the same thing (loaded bottle = loaded gun). There are quite a few singers doing what Winehouse is doing, but doing it MUCH better. But because this wanna-look-like tranny is such a freakin trainwreck and media pimps like TMZ are what they are, Winehouse gets the top billing.

Would I include Lennon, Morrison, Presley, Van Zant or Hendrix in with the Winehouses, Smiths (still not sure why she was so famous) and Cobains? Not really, but I can see connections. Maybe it comes down to sustainability.

I'm sick of the damn media coddling these little b*tches too. Most are afraid if they are too hard on them they won't get that EXCLUSIVE interview. pfftttttttttt

Heard on TV today them talking about Amy's wonderful upcoming performance for Nelson Mandela's birthday despite her being close to having emphysema. Then they said she was seen after practicing for the concert stopping by a quick store for some sweets and " Amy being Amy " also came out with small bottles of liquor. Now that's BS! Coddling! Downplaying!! How's about saying Amy was spotted coming out of a quick mart with liquor which is not surprising because she's a ridiculous substance abuser!!

I LOVE it when they sugar coat celebrity crap. Like when B Spears was having "issues". Call a spade a spade and say, here's a reason we may want to make people pass a test in order to be a parent.

If you look at her pictures before/after fame it is just sad. I did drugs when I was younger, I partied, I didn't eat right...but I didn't have millions of bucks to blow on it. Just lucky, I guess.

BTW...she has like 3 more years before she can join the "27 club", so my money is on 2011.

Also, Elvis was old and passed his potential when he bit the big one...what comparison there?

Also, Elvis was old and passed his potential when he bit the big one...what comparison there?

Amy will probably bite it while on the crapper

Actually, yesterday when I checked out the boards, and saw 'Amy Winehouse' under Celebrities, I was halfway expecting it to be in the obituary section.

I don't listen to anything she does, and would have never heard of her , if not for her outrageous and dangerous behavior.

And, wow, she stands out to me because she is just creepy looking.

He wasn't that old, but unfortunately he was a drug and fatty foot addict, so he did look dead and bloated way before he actually was.

Also, his estate made billions and provided some freaky plastic surgery for Priscilla....Winehouse can never live up to that!!!!!!

Does Winehouse write her own songs? At least Lennon was a great song writer. I just don't understand the lure of Winehouse at all. I don't understand what was so great about her in the first place. Was it the hair??!?? :cartoon_tinkerbell:

I think the only reason we even know who Amy Winehouse is, is because her first song (that I ever heard of anyway) was the rehab song and it was catchy and kind of different. Who knew it was her freaking autobiography?

Amy Winehouse is todays version of Janis Joplin, she is so talented with that soulful voice.............She really needs to go back to rehab I said Yeah...Yeah...Yeah

I've been a fan of her music for a couple years. Long before she crossed over to the United States. I don't feel bad for her, but it is a shame how she's throwing her life away. She has the potential to become a legend. Some people just can't handle fame. I hope she can clean up her act before it's too late.

Archived