Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor Gabon ....17th Season

Oh! Oh! I just came up with the best Halloween costume! I was gonna go as Terrell Owens and simply drop all the candy that people threw to me, but I've come up with something totally better. Instead, I'm going to shave my head, talk in a borderline-phony English accent, and then pour sugar all over myself until I am completely buried and can no longer breathe. Then someone will come along and shine a cold blue light of death on my rotting corpse.

In all seriousness, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I liked Ace. Ace was entertaining. Ace played the game hard when it came to both challenges and strategy. But Ace made one fatal mistake. One fatal mistake that can doom even the most skilled Survivor contestant: Ace picked a really stupid person to be his partner. At least stupid when it comes to playing Survivor. Make no mistake, Ken made a great move when he came up with one of the most blatant lies I've ever seen on this show and told Sugar about a magical conversation in which Ace talked all sorts of smack about her. Usually contestants just kinda blur the truth; Kenny completely obliterated it. And I applaud him for that. I really do. But jeez Louise apple cheese, is it really that easy to dupe someone? I get that Ace does not come off as the most trustworthy person, but how is it in his interest to get rid of someone who is so loyal to him and who he has fought tooth and nail to protect? He needs allies. Earth to Sugar: You were his ally!

I'm mad, you can tell. If I could turn green like the Hulk (not Edward Norton or Eric Bana, but Lou Ferrigno style) I would. But can you blame me? Ace was one of the few interesting characters we had this season, and now he's gone. We won't even have him around for the jury to roll his eyes at all the stupidity coming out of people's mouths. I get that a lot of you found him unbearably condescending, but the dude made good TV. And not just in some loose-cannon sort of way. Like I said, he played the game hard, and the fact that people like Crystal and Susie are still around while he is not is kind of a bummer.

Speaking of Crystal, she was the star of a truly bizarre sequence to begin the episode: knocking over the rice, then going to sleep, then refusing to eat any rice because she knocked it over, then getting mad at people for not getting mad at her for knocking over the rice. I have to say, talking to Crystal before the game started

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor: Gabon And A Double Elimination That Shocks

October 30, 2008 06:16:47 by DA Southern

oct-30-both-tribes-ready-to-go.jpg

Survivor: Gabon guarantees us a wild ride tonight as we know there will be a double-elimination and, hopefully, the Fang tribe will be able to keep it together and gain some confidence along the way. Jeff Probst once again caught us up with the action to date and it sounded like a repeat of the previous week. The Fang tribe lost at the immunity challenge and sent Kelly packing and thinned their ranks once again. With the double-elimination right around the corner, can the merge be far behind?

Day 19 opens with Fang starving and Kota thriving. Matty talked about how hopeless he felt in a moment with the camera crew. Crystal didn

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Jeff Probst goes behind the scenes of Survivor Gabon

Before we get into last night's Survivor episode, I'd like to begin with a plea to Corinne. Corinne, I know you're not exactly what one would call "cuddly." You proudly described yourself as a bitch, have lied blatantly on r

Great article from EW, pinkie! Funny too... :animated_rotfl:

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor: Gabon

Crystal: What is it that I did to Randy for Randy to be bashing Crystal so much at Kota camp?

Randy: Okay, you want a list?

Man, I had to go check a calendar after watching this last episode of Survivor: Gabon, because I could have sworn it was the Fourth of July judging by all the fireworks on display. Actually, it was more like a boxing match with plenty of punches to the gut. In this corner: an Olympic gold medalist in the sport of trash talking. She's big, she's bad (at least in challenges), and she can knock you over faster than a bowl of rice (well, maybe not rice). She's known in these parts as the Tribal Council Terror. Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for CRRRRRRYYYYYSSSSSTALLLLLL COOOOOOX!!! And in the other corner: He'll videotape your wedding, rub it in human feces, and make you eat it for dessert. His questionable temper is matched only by his questionable taste in tropical shirts. He's the self-proclaimed king of Gabon. Ladies and gentlemen, a round of applause if you will for the ornery, the testy, the wild man of the wild, RRRRRRRAAAAAAANDYYYYYYY BAAAAAAAAILEEEEEEY!!!

I was getting all psyched for a tribal council beatdown of epic proportions, but then something somewhat uncomfortable happened: Randy started yelling at Crystal about how she and G.C. acted back at the original Fang. Fair enough; they were both pretty useless and moody. But then he threw this in: "You and your posse ran the tribe like it was a gang." Whooooooa there, cowboy. Am I the only one who cringed when he said this? Maybe I'm at fault for being one of those oversensitive, bleeding heart, tree-hugging East Coast liberals that everyone loves to make fun of, but when I hear a white dude describing two black people as a "posse" and a "gang," well, it just makes me wince. Let me be clear about something: I'm not labeling Randy a racist. Don't know the guy well enough to come to any sort of conclusion about that. (I do know that in our pre-game interview he promised to be an equal opportunity offender, giving hell to both contestants and the host. Just watch him go!) Plus, I wasn't there. Tribal council gets presented to us after it's been through a chop shop of editing. Maybe he amended or clarified his statement. I have no idea, so I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and just say that it was a...poor choice of words.

Crystal, surprisingly, did not fight back after that. I say surprisingly because while staying quiet is always the way to go in a situation like that, Crystal has never been one to exactly keep her anger in check. Neither has most of this cast, really. In fact, when you think about Michelle, Kelly, Crystal, G.C., Randy, and Corinne

HEY, EVERYONE. WELCOME BACK TO THE SURVIVOR TV WATCH! I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND THE ALL-CAPS, BUT I'M ON A MISSION TO SEE IF I CAN TYPE AS LOUD AS CRYSTAL TALKED WHILE CASTING HER VOTE AT TRIBAL COUNCIL. I UNDERSTAND IT MAY BE A LITTLE DISTRACTING AT FIRST, BUT I'M SURE YOU'LL GET USED TO IT IN A FEW PARAGRAPHS OR SO. WHAT'S THAT? THIS IS MAKING YOU WANT TO STEAL ALL MY COOKIES AND THEN STUFF ME IN A COOKIE JAR AND PLAY SKEET SHOOTING WITH THE JAR, THEREBY BLOWING ME TO SMITHEREENS? Fine, I'll stop. Happy?

But then allow me to start by saying this: As someone who firmly believes that the less you know going into an episode, the more you will enjoy it, I absolutely, positively hated, hated, hated the new fangled "Previously on Survivor" recap. By eschewing the traditional here's-what-happened-in-the-exact-order-it- happened recap format for one that placed so much emphasis on Bob's fake hidden immunity idol, the intro was basically screaming at us what to expect, which can't help but lessen the shock when it actually did. Sorry, it's just a pet peeve of mine: Don't expect me to be surprised when you've already ruined the surprise for me! And this goes for the "next week on Survivor" as well. Why show us Bob explaining that Marcus had secretly pocketed the other immunity idol that he pretended to toss out to sea? Sure, the hope is that it gets people interested enough to come back and watch the episode. But guess what, Survivor fans are going to come back to watch the episode no matter what you show. You could preview me discussing the highs (Bloodsport, Cyborg) and lows (Double Team, Kickboxer) of the Jean-Claude Van Damme filmography and people would still come back to watch the damn show. (By the way, JCVD + Celebrity Survivor = GOLD!] Plus, now by the time we actually see it happen in the episode (whether Bob is telling the truth or if it's all just a ruse) it will only pack about one-tenth of the punch. Okay, rant over. Thanks for indulging.

It's better to burn out than fade away Neil Young once opined, and burn, baby, burn certainly became Randy's modus operandi. The guy who kept his temper and disdain in check for the first few weeks finally lost it. In fact, the episode began with Randy and Corinne arguing as to who hated the rest of the tribe more. We'd soon have our answer to that one once the players were summoned to the Survivor auction.

Randy got the party started by paying $180 for 3 beers and a bowl of peanuts. Damn, them's Manhattan prices!!! Dude, do you realize that for $180 you could have a lifelong supply of unofficial Survivor Watch sponsor Milwaukee's Best? It was right around then when things started getting prickly as Sugar bragged about bidding merely to force Randy to pay more for his precious booze. Kenny then ponied up for the next covered item, which turned out to be a note instructing him to take all of someone's cash while sending them to Exile (non) Island. See ya, Bob! Have fun on your sorry safari! In a somewhat bizarre move, Ken then decided to not spend a single dollar of Bob's money on anything. Susie bought a very short, very public bath and change of clothes; Matty bought a burger and fries, which he then attempted to inhale through his nose; and Randy

I'm a horrible person. Seriously, if you can go to Hell for things you write in a TV Watch, than you may as well book my one-way fare right now. A partial list of sins: I once made fun of someone (Katie from Palau) for being the only Survivor contestant to actually gain weight while stranded on an island. I was yelled at by both Parvati Shallow and hotshot director Peter Berg last spring for writing that I was surprised Micronesian natives had to teach her how to catch crabs and not the other way around. And just a few weeks ago I mocked a 58-year-old physics teacher for sounding like his testicles had been chopped off upon receiving a letter from his wife back home. Not only that, but I'm the one guy who always hates the Survivor loved ones visit every season. How can you hate loved ones, you ask? I don't know

Courtesy of; REALITYBLURRED

Survivor set visit will be auctioned off

Two people will get the chance to visit Survivor

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Finally, a slam dunk of an episode. I'm going to try to get through this recap a little quicker than usual so we can fit in my traditional Survivor seasonal rankings, but don't let the shorter length fool you. I could write about this episode for days. It had it all: blindsides, double-crosses, shifting allegiances, Mohawks, and some of the most inept challenge play ever. It's exactly what this mostly dull season full of mostly unengaging contestants needed.

The episode started off the same way every Survivor: Gabon episode has started off: with Kenny telling us how unbelievably awesome he is. "I have been calling the shots from day 1 out here. I am the mastermind behind everything going on." Jeez, Kenny, why do you continually insist on sabotaging your own likeability? You've played a good game, and we all respect that, but stop telling us what a good game you are playing! It makes us want to smash the King of Smash with out fists. (Don't worry, my man, your humble pie will be served up in about 53 minutes at tribal council.)

But if Kenny was being annoying, Bob was being just plain dumb. First he admitted to Ken that Corinne didn't play the idol because it was a fake. (Why, Bob, why? No reason to tell him that. Just say she thought she was safe.) And then he one-upped his own stupidity by offering to hand over immunity should he win it at the next challenge. Bob is the most schizophrenic strategist I have ever seen in my life. I've never seen one player make so many good and bad moves, not just in the same season

Survivor: Gabon Finale - Age Triumps Beauty

December 14, 2008 08:54:52 by DA Southern

12-14-survivor-logo.jpg

The Survivor: Gabon finale has come down to this as Survivor: Gabon Host, Jeff Probst, recounted the season to date; Little man Kenny, who has played the power broker for all these weeks; Susie, who has glided under the radar and shifted in whatever ways the winds have carried her; Matty who now owes his game to Sugar; Sugar who

One vote. That is how close we came to having a new worst Survivor winner in history. One vote! Susie was one vote away from winning the million dollars! Look, I actually like Susie. Spoke to her before the game, and we had a simply lovely chat sprinkled with many an expletive and discussion about her having sex on the beach with her husband. (I know

Sign in to follow this