Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor Gabon ....17th Season

I'm sorry if this is posted in another thread here somewhere, I couldn't find it!

I just caught a Survivor Gabon Preview Show on the TV Guide Network this afternoon. Hour long and full of cast interviews and behind the scenes stuff! There's even a preview of the very 1st immunity challenge! It actually shows the challenge itself without revealing the winner!

The only negative IMO - the show is hosted by Parvati Swallow eh, Shallow :devilish:

It runs again tonight on the TVGN at 11:00PM EDT! I don't know how it's delayed for Mountain & Pacific times so check your local schedule! It was great to see the behind the scenes stuff. Props, animals, production, etc.

And for those of you making selections for fantasy leagues, you might want to watch this and hear what Jeff has to say about some of the survivors! Lots of additional Jeff as well!

I enjoyed it alot and think you might as well! :animated_bouncy:

Sono - thanks for the info about TVGuide channel preview of Survivor Gabon. I checked my quide and it's on here at 10 pm. Yippee. :animated_bouncy: I'll see if I can get my players straight before the start.

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

First three minutes of Survivor Gabon are online along with behind-the-scenes, spoiler footage

One week before its premiere, Survivor Gabon

I cannot wait for this season!!!

Survivor Gabon pits good against evil

Now that he's out of the jungle, Jeff Probst can afford to be philosophical about his experience filming Survivor Gabon: Earth's Last Eden.

Forget Mai Tais, tropical island resorts and lazy afternoons tanning on the beach: Gabon, pronounced ga-bone, promised an untouched wilderness experience more akin to Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness, and a survival endurance test more worthy of Man vs. Wild than the latest chapter in one of reality-TV's most enduring success stories.

Gabon, a west-central African country on the equator that borders Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea and the Republic of the Congo, is home to vast tracts of swamp and impenetrable jungle, where forest elephants and lowland gorillas roam and leopards cough in the night.

Jeff Probst has survived 16 seasons Survivor, but he says nothing prepared him for the level of animosity and outright hostility he witnessed in Survivor: Earth's Last Eden.

Survivor's game of type-A personalities trying to outwit, outplay and outlast quickly mirrored the themes in Conrad's Heart of Darkness, says Probst. Two groups of people emerged: one pure, noble and decent, the other conniving, deceitful and consumed by ambition and the will to win at all costs. The metaphysical battle between good and evil became a season-long metaphor, Probst says.

Probst had been through 16 Survivors before venturing to the equatorial jungles of Gabon, but nothing prepared him for the level of animosity and outright hostility he witnessed in Survivor: Earth's Last Eden. Everything in Africa happens on an almost biblical scale.

Probst says he will leave it to others to decide where Survivor Gabon fits in the pantheon of Survivor epics, but he won't soon forget it, from a $100,000 food shipment that mysteriously vanished en route to the production site to the nocturnal visitors - not just the four-legged variety but the 80-legged and 400- legged variety as well. The Congo Basin is home to more than 10,000 species of insects, all of which decided to pay Probst a visit whenever the sun disappeared behind the rain-soaked horizon. The heat, the humidity, the humans - oh, the horror of it all, Probst says with a laugh.

"It was clear to us, from the moment we set foot there, that this was an untapped, undiscovered part of the world,'' he says. "They've had virtually no tourism, and so nobody's been there.''

When the production team originally broke camp, the jungle animals fled into the forest.

"They went into hiding,'' Probst explains. "Unlike Kenya (Survivor: Africa), where you could see the zebras and giraffes and you were aware of where they were, this was much more mysterious.''

Survivor Gabon's cast of usual reality-TV suspects quickly learned this wasn't going to be a Club Med vacation. The real Garden of Eden has snakes - real snakes. And there are things - big things - that go bump in the night.

"If you were to fly over Gabon at almost any time of the day while we were there, you wouldn't have seen any animals,'' Probst explains. "But if you waited and hovered, you'd start seeing movement. And that's what it was like for our Survivors.

"In the middle of the night, you'll a hear a crunch in the branches. You don't know what it is - and then suddenly there's an elephant. And it's huge. You don't know what's going on; you just know that, whatever it is, it's serious.''

Midway through filming, Probst thought he had wandered into a scene from Jurassic Park.

"There's a moment where they encounter an elephant in the camp, and they're all trying to deal with it. And I thought, 'This looks like a Spielberg movie.' And then I realized: 'This is not a zoo; you're in their back yard. You've set up shop to do this dumb game. What are you doing?!'''

Survivor Gabon: Earth's Last Eden was filmed in High-Definition - a Survivor first - so the jungle is there for all to see, right down to the last fig wasp and carnivorous plant.

"It was scary,'' Probst admitted. "But memorable.''

Okay, I watched it for the first time and I'll probably watch again. Caught about the last 35 min of the first show and the first 10 min of the second. Could anyone be kind enough to fill me in:

Is the show two hours every week?

How did they choose sides for tribes? I thought the tribes were an odd mix.

To answer your questions Ginger...

1. The show is normally 1 hour starting at 8 p.m. EST on Thursday's

2. The tribes were done via the good ole' school yard pick em... Jeff said that in Gabon the elders were looked to for guidance or something to that affect, and Gillian and Bob were the first two members of each team, then they did rock, paper, scissors for the first pick and Bob won, so he got to pick first, then Gillian got to pick, then the person Bob picked got to pick someone and so on...

Thanks Yana.

I heard Jeff say that Michelle was picked last, so I knew there was actual choosing by the survivors, but didn't know how. :)

No problem Ginger... Always glad to help out if I can, and will ALWAYS welcome a new survivor or big brother watcher... I hope you continue to enjoy the show...

Can you watch these shows on line?

Oh Yeah! Just follow the link below. It'll take you to the Survivor main page. I just checked and they've got both last night's up! Hope you enjoy them, and I hope you get just as hooked as the rest of us fan-atics :animated_rotfl:

Survivor Main Page

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor: Gabon

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

At last! The secrets of

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Osten is pissed. I mean really pissed. He's heard the talk. He knows the word on the street. And he doesn't like it. All this chatter about G.C. being the lamest Survivor contestant ever

Survivor: Gabon Sees The Fang Tribe Implode

October 16, 2008 06:15:48 by DA Southern

oct-19-survivor-logo.jpg

Survivor has already taken us on a joyride this season, with changing the teams around a mere four episodes into the season and with a team that was thought to be the worst ever in Survivor history, until the changing of the guard, so to speak. No, still the worst. With Jacquie leaving last week, and Sugar coming back into the fold, it will be interesting to see the new dynamics play out and if Sugar doesn

Blame it on Parvati. And Cirie. And Amanda, and Natalie, and Alexis. If you're a woman contestant on Survivor: Gabon and you're wondering why your fellow females are dropping like flies, allow me to put forth two theories. 1) You're the ones voting them out. And 2) The men saw how bad the women made them look in Micronesia and decided to get rid of them all right of the bat. We've now had six eliminations, and

Survivor: Gabon Sends Another Feng Tribe Member Home

October 23, 2008 06:24:25 by DA Southern

survivor-feng-at-tribal-council-once-aga

Survivor host, Jeff Probst, recapped the imploding of the Feng tribe on last week

Sign in to follow this