Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Survivor Gabon ....17th Season

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Survivor Gabon confirmed as the 17th season

Survivor will return to Africa for its 17th season, confirming online reports that correctly identified Gabon (ga-BONE) as the show

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor Gabon To Be 17th Season Of Survivor

May 12, 2008 07:21:44 by Joe Reality

survivor-gabon-logo.jpg

During the Survivor Micronesia reunion show, Jeff Probst introduced a video preview of the next season of Survivor. The 17th season of Survivor will take place in Gabon, Africa. Probst also revealed that there will be eighteen castaways taking part in the next Survivor.

The tagline for Survivor Gabon is

When they said Africa, I groaned. My memories of season 3 are not good. They were in a dry enviroment and had to be fenced in at night to keep the lions away. I understand the safety reasons, but it just takes a little from the game for me.

The video of Gabon though looks awesome. Its a jungle with lots of water. They may still need to keep them locked up though. I hear Leapards kill more humans than any other cat in Africa, and hippos are even worse.

I kinda liked the Desert.. Makes it much harder! Plus its been a while since they have done that.

Courtesy of; REALITYBLURRED

Survivor lowers its age limit to 18 for most states

As it starts casting for its spring 2009 season, Survivor is lowering the minimum age from 21 to 18 for most people. A CBS spokesperson told me today that the change was made simply because

YES!

ONE MORE YEAR TIL I CAN GO ON SURVIVOR AND ROCK IT!!

Young ones.. They usually make the best shows though, so do it! good luck!

I want one of those pet monkeys!

Gibbon Monkey?

Hafto admire anything that throws poo. snickers evilly

I wasn't too hot on last Africa. They quaratined them too much for safety. I want to see someone chosen weekly to sleep out alone.

I like it cause the last like 40 seasons have all been tropical.. basically the same thing..

sometime this fall

usually around september

can't wait!!!

i remembered it started right after the superbowl one year, but that would be in february..

AP_logo.jpg

Production Problems Plague 'Survivor: Gabon'

by Derrik J. Lang, AP Entertainment Writer

probst.jpg

'Survivor' Host Jeff Probst

Jeff Probst says the upcoming season of "Survivor" has already hit a few snags. "Survivor: Gabon -- Earth's Last Eden" has been plagued with several preproduction problems according to the show's host. Probst said the dilemmas for the 17th season of the CBS reality show, which begins filming in Africa later this month, range from encroaching animals to slow shipments.

"Our shipping has been really delayed," Probst said. "One aspect of 'Survivor' that is different from a lot of shows is that we have to ship throughout the season, and we're about 30 days behind now, which is a major problem. We're going to be fine on the show, but the crew housing is not there. We're going to be in tents."

Other than the habitation hindrance, Probst also said a crane had fallen over and a cargo hold containing about $100,000 worth of food had gone missing. The lumber used for building props and set pieces for challenges and Tribal Council, however, had safely arrived. Probst said the "Survivor" crew was also having an issue with something that was already present: wildlife.

gabon.jpggabon_sunset.jpg

Gabon . . . on the map and at sunset

"We have a danger problem with animals that we're trying to figure out how to handle," the "Survivor" host said. "There's so much truly wild life out there, we're not sure what to do. We don't want the animals around for a safety reasons, but we'd love to have a hippo sneak in every so often. I just got a call from our executive producer that we've got hippo tracks at base camp."

"Survivor: Gabon," which will feature 18 castaways living in the wilderness in the West African country, will be filmed in high-definition and is slated to premiere in the fall. It's the first time the competitive reality series has returned to Africa since its Kenya-set third season.

Probst said he doesn't think the snafus will halt production. "These things for us usually have a way of turning into good things," Probst told The Associated Press at the opening of the new restaurant Gordon Ramsay at The London West Hollywood recently.

Jeeze, thats a bummer.. they got to do something about the animals.. they cant have hippos traughting around camp.. they are the most dangerous animals in the world!

Well I love wild animals ~ A hippo trampling one of the survivors would make for good ratings. :devilish:

just sayin

there would be no way they would release that.. ha, just a life wasted.. but if they show us, now that is a different story.

Bummer yah, but sounds like an interesting location now

I think its funny the crew has to stay in tents. thats my favorite part!

Okay king123, you... me... a hippo in a tent. Now.

Sign in to follow this