Animals Are Not Couples

Well in response to the Orginal Post here. There can be no Lawsuit. Big Brother is an enteriainment program not a gameshow under FCC regulations. (Think Pro Wrestling). The entire thing could be scripted and it would not matter because it is not a gameshow

I Love the seeding paranoia into the house like that. Honestlly thats the kind of stuff Big Brother should be FULL of but very rarley happens.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Title 47, Chapter V, Section 509 of the U.S. Code doesn't seem to define what a game show is, nor does it govern game shows, as claimed in that copy of the PDF file making the rounds on the 'net. Read for yourselves:

Section 509. Prohibited practices in contests of knowledge, skill, or chance

(a) Influencing, prearranging, or predetermining outcome

It shall be unlawful for any person, with intent to deceive the

listening or viewing public -

(1) To supply to any contestant in a purportedly bona fide

contest of intellectual knowledge or intellectual skill any

special and secret assistance whereby the outcome of such contest

will be in whole or in part prearranged or predetermined.

(2) By means of persuasion, bribery, intimidation, or

otherwise, to induce or cause any contestant in a purportedly

bona fide contest of intellectual knowledge or intellectual skill

to refrain in any manner from using or displaying his knowledge

or skill in such contest, whereby the outcome thereof will be in

whole or in part prearranged or predetermined.

(3) To engage in any artifice or scheme for the purpose of

prearranging or predetermining in whole or in part the outcome of

a purportedly bona fide contest of intellectual knowledge,

intellectual skill, or chance.

(4) To produce or participate in the production for

broadcasting of, to broadcast or participate in the broadcasting

of, to offer to a licensee for broadcasting, or to sponsor, any

radio program, knowing or having reasonable ground for believing

that, in connection with a purportedly bona fide contest of

intellectual knowledge, intellectual skill, or chance

constituting any part of such program, any person has done or is

going to do any act or thing referred to in paragraph (1), (2),

or (3) of this subsection.

(5) To conspire with any other person or persons to do any act

or thing prohibited by paragraph (1), (2), (3), or (4) of this

subsection, if one or more of such persons do any act to effect

the object of such conspiracy.

(B ) "Contest" and "the listening or viewing public" defined

For the purposes of this section -

(1) The term "contest" means any contest broadcast by a radio

station in connection with which any money or any other thing of

value is offered as a prize or prizes to be paid or presented by

the program sponsor or by any other person or persons, as

announced in the course of the broadcast.

(2) The term "the listening or viewing public" means those

members of the public who, with the aid of radio receiving sets,

listen to or view programs broadcast by radio stations.

Sorry, but technically BB isn't a game show, it's a reality show, and the rules about game shows doesn't apply... That's what past guests have told me when I talked to them about the unfairness in past season's

Yep and the CBS lawyers get the contestants to sign a complicated contract that has stipulations that cover all facets of the show.

Thanks for all the info. Don't know how after all these seasons, I didn't know BB wasn't considered a game show. Live and learn. So, with this new info. I believe all the more in the conspiracy theories. :lol:

Best to enjoy the F#$%, if Grodner decides to stick it to ya. Good luck Sharon... she don't like you! :animated_rotfl:

i doubt it

Who knows what Grodner's thinking, but imo Ryan and Adam are not even in the same league as Will and Boogie. A/R are morons. They don't have a clue how to play the other hg's. They've reached the end by pure luck, not manipulation. Will and Boogie were manipulation kings. Those were the days.

agree pure luck

hmmmm.... again... still think there is some type of connection between Shelia and Adam.

I keep thinking back to the 1st show and how 'over the top' she was about her dislike for him.

(might have been an act...)

If, in fact, they are connected in some way .... they've done one he!! of a job keeping up the farce :excl:

If it was Sheila and Adam why did the show tell us it was the guinea pigs? They have never in any private conversations given any clue that they might have known each other before. Not one slip of the lip.

They do seem to have formed a connection though....

Thanks for posting that clip of the 'Relationship' question during the HOH Comp.

Hmmm.... musta not payed attention to the typed answer on the screen for the viewing audience

to see.

<---- smacks self in the forehead :wacko:

oh well... another brilliant idea for a question during a crucial Competition ...

lol and these guys get paid the big bucks $$$$

It seems to me that the HG's have to be protected by some kind of law. If 16 people sign up for a show to win some cash, I don't feel that it is legal for the producers to determine the winner by manipulating the game. If there isn't a law, then there should be. If the show is rigged, then the viewing public should be informed. (The following broadcast is a fictional contest. All contestants have been equally compensated for their participation.)

I don't think the game is rigged. Call me an optimist, but I just don't beleive in the "evil producers" theories. How could they know that Sharon would have chosen fiction and Ryan would have chosen fact?

I think its a bullshit question and Sharon was screwed, but I don't think the intent was to favor one HG over another.

If I had to pick a favorite, Sharon vs. Ryan, I would certainly pick Sharon. That being said she still could have won in the tie breaker, given the chance I would have bet money that Sharon would have picked a number much closer than Ryan, but to be that far off. If it was earlier in the game I'm sure most of the speculation would have been that she threw it.

Wow! I finally got the chance to watch the show . . . . after having read all the conspiracy/rigging theories.

Come on, people!! All three of them guessed on that question! If you watch again, Ryan just threw his arms in the air. Remember in weeks past, Julie asked a provoking question to the HGs about whether they believed there was still exsisting relationships in the house? BB is still using that concept to promote a little extra drama in the house, is all.

Now we come to the tiebreaker question . . . When I heard the question, I already was doing the math . . . Sheila & Nat were in the box over 3 hours. Ryan absolutely was trying to win the question! Sharon threw it!

JMHO . . .

I don't think it was rigged, but that has to be the most horrific question they have chosen for these types of comps to date. It had no bearing on the game in the whole 'truth' aspect, except to create an arbitrary 'winner' of the comp. I hated it. Sharon did well, and in the end was punished for her efforts by a question that meant anything. What if they had used the staff instead? They have a working relationship. It would still be bull.

Exactly Synovea, That is how I feel. Nothing was rigged, just a stoopid question.

I wonder if Ryan picked true just because he knew Sharon would choose the obvious false answer and she would win. But, if by chance the answer was true, he would tie it up. Did he actually figure all that out in the split second, or did he just take a wild guess for the hell of it?

the whole comp was set up for a tie to force that question

I think, from listening to Sharon & Sheila talk about it last night on BBAD, Sharon is gonna be PISSED when she finds out it's the Guinea's! But there isn't a single thing she can do about it. (Maybe she'll slap Allison Grodner at the wrap party?) :animated_rotfl:

Archived