Bb Bias

tarat72

Last night's BBAD brought back the rumors from last year that members of the staff were trying to sway votes in the DR. Now they are saying James was in DR prior to his pleas to Adam, Nat being called to DR to remove her from the HOH, Adam being called in and kept for hours directly afterward. Adam swears that the staff gave him hell and swayed his noms in James favor. This may just be Adam's attempt to save his butt with TC but you do have to admit that it's very coincidental that they played the counting HOH when Nat wasn't able to compete.

Is it just me or is this becoming a pattern of bias with BB producers?

How would it effect your view of the show if you knew for sure that the producers and staff were playing the game from behind the scenes?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's obvious BB is swaying the hg's. Last year was my first time watching BB so I don't know about previous years but this season they sure want James to stick around.

The PRODUCERS of BB are looking out for their ratings...I used to be excited with the show but after last years insanity I realized what kind of DOG and PONY show this really is...As they say it is what it is...Don't worry...it will be over soon...

How can you prove that they are swaying? Have your heard it? Seen it? Of course not! It is great gameplay to say that one was swayed, due to the fact that it takes the pressure off of the player that was supposed to have been swayed... Genuis I say... Take the heat off of themselves! Same old song dance... it must be a conspiracy... oooooh BB DR conspiracy... why didn't I think of that...

I couldn't swear that it hasn't been going on since the beginning of the series since BB makes sure HGs can't say much about DR sessions but the last 2 seasons have made it fairly clear. Even though we know this is a designed program, they have walk-throughs prior to comps and live evictions. They stop tape on endurance comps and allow players to move around..... Of course there is production and editing involved. Those things are far different from revealing private DR details to HGs or making points for this nom or that to effect the final 2. They might as well script the entire show...... It changes the way I feel about the reality of this reality TV show!

Myss911-I def. don't know for sure, I just know that HGs last year talked about the efforts to sway the vote and it was unsuccessful. I could understand using DR staff as a scapegoat but why bring it up in a situation where it didn't change the outcome of the vote?

No question they influence the game that has been obvious for years. They also try to influence the TV audience in particular those who do not watch the live feeds. For people who only watch the CBS broadcasts they are seeing a COMPLETELY different show that what is actually going on.

You have to consider when James goes, if he does, the show becomes nerd herd II and YAAAAAAWWWWNNNN.

Of course there is editing... who has questioned that? But there is NO proof that the DR is telling people WHO they have to vote for, that is just insane... And for Adam to say "They kept me in the DR so that I wasn't able to talk to you, that is why I did that" - pertaining to the non-James nomination... is freakin ridiculous... That is like Natalies choice to keep James... she didn't know what to do, Josh was in before her to cast his vote, she came in and asked "who do I pick?", Josh said "James" so she did... It was a spur of the moment reaction... As for anyone to honestly believe their claims of being 'told where to vote' then I have some PACIFIC beach front property that I need to get rid of on the coast of Florida.... By Adam saying that statement that he did, he basically was saying "I wasn't told what to do by you Natalie, so I just did what I thought I had to do... and it was bought hook, line and sinker... I LIKE Nat! I think she is playing a great game and has immense power over the boys... I give her kudos, but I am also bright enough to see through the tactics... JMO!

I agree stagehand "You have to consider when James goes, if he does, the show becomes nerd herd II and YAAAAAAWWWWNNNN. "

Stagehand,

you make a really good point! They have def. made Nat look like some master of strategy! That would also explain why Parker received 2nd place in the America Votes, anyone who saw him after hours knew he wasn't the player they portrayed in primetime! Myself, I like James, but I really don't see him surviving to the end. I don't think even BB can save his life in this game forever......... BUT, I could be wrong!!

OK, here I go but I've got to do it against my better judgement...

BB is a reality tv show with the guise that it is a game. People say that BB has to follow FCC rules, others say that they don't...doesn't really matter. At the end of the day:

1) CBS is in the business of making money, period. How they make money is by their ratings.

2) If people are BORED with the show, they won't watch it, thereby ratings drop, CBS loses money.

Based on the logic that the Producers rig the show, etc., it is still a televison after all and producers/directors are in control of all tv shows. I don't agree that they should not be allowed to make "suggestions" or "hints" to the HG's but ultimately the decision is the HG's. Clearly, they do it for all of them in different ways. The HG's are actors (so most of them tell us) and even call themselves a cast. As far as rigging the competitions...other than riding a bicycle the longest, how are they rigged to James? Most of the time it's dumb luck anyway (guessing what America's opinions are, etc.)

I am watching Big Brother to be entertained and if being manipulated is part of it, then that's part of it. The HG's manipulate each other all day long every day...Now what would be cool is if we could hear what the diary room is telling them...THAT would be interesting!

That would be sweeeet BMDG! Can you imagine the things said in there... enquiring minds would like to know!

It would be nice to watch all the comps in their entirety as well... There should be BB on TV Tues, Wed, Fri and Sun... I say add an extra day!

Myss.

Nobody questioned editing! And can you provide proof that they don't? I think live, spur of the moment votes like bringing James back are one thing, hours spent in DR after taping hours is another. Who knows what goes on back there but why wouldn't they plant suggestions that would keep drama going and ratings up? Not saying that I blame them for it but it changes the nature of "Reality TV" when you add the outside influence by people who have all the secrets....

The houseguests can definitely refuse. Jen said last year that they were trying to get her to save Eric and she refused. James said this year that they were trying to get him to save Matt and he refused.

Obviously they make suggestions (either to open up the houseguests eyes to what we see out here, or to make the show more interesting) and they even encourage the houseguests to continue to talk gameplay all the time so they can get good shots of it for TV. I thought Sheila just talked gameplay allllllllllllllllllll the time because she was just a nagging personality. Probably is, but it could also be a combination of that plus prompting from the producers so they get good material for the show.

I don't know that we ever will myss. Janelle said once and I can't remember where I read it or saw it that they can at times ask questions that make you think things that you wouldn't normally, but from what I understand they're contractually obligated to keep their trap shut.

I agree Jem, I am sure they do ask questions to get people thinking... my point was merely that people can make up their own mind and they do in BB, if they are feeble minded then that is their personal issue... I just saw a commercial on TV that swears that Oxy Clean will make my life easier! But guess what! I'm not going to go buy it...

The producers, behind the mirror people, Big Brother.........who ever is there to stir the pot. Their job is make good tv and the hg's have free will to be lead by BB or not.

It does bother me how differently the CBS broadcast portrays people. After watching only BBAD for a week then seeing the CBS show for the first time it was like watching a whole other cast in the house!

I agree Jem, I am sure they do ask questions to get people thinking... my point was merely that people can make up their own mind and they do in BB, if they are feeble minded then that is their personal issue... I just saw a commercial on TV that swears that Oxy Clean will make my life easier! But guess what! I'm not going to go buy it...

BB probably does say things like, "Don't you think this decision might be in your best interest?" But the hg's do have the option of adamantly saying, "NO, I DON'T."

Oxyclean is great! ;)

Archived