Mobile Web Capable?

I was wondering if Morty's is formatted in a way where we can visit and post through our cell phones? And I'm not talking about those groovy iPhones or any other sort of wi-fi capable phone. In my case I'm talking about mobile web through Verizon Wireless. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Well, I've never tried it myself, but I know it HAS been done.

For reference, see this post by Baron: http://www.tvfanforums.net/index.php?act=f...&pid=404175

In it, he says: "Well I'm typing this on my phone so it will be short. I read everything and have lots of comment but will wait till I get home."

I'll send him a PM to come check out this thread and add any information he can give us, but now that you know it's been done, maybe you can just try it.

Great! Thanks Jedi! I'll check on my hubby's phone when I get home tonight. My current phone doesn't have mobile web capabilities, but the one I'm getting tomorrow does! It'd be MUCH better for me to check the board daily on my phone as opposed to through my work computer! :footballhelmet:

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately I access Morty's with an iphone. Not really sure how to get in with any other phones. Morty's is not formatted for mobile devices. ( would be nice) So anyone trying to read the site would need to be able to zoom in. The text is too small to read otherwise.

Hope that helps.

By the way I posted this with my phone ;)

What about texting?

I don't find it to be a big time-saver, since I can "say it" faster than I can "text it".

And I prefer to talk to people anyway.

I have texted on occasion, but it's always at the behest of the recipient.

And it's usually the kind of detailed information you won't want someone to forget, such as an address or driving directions to somewhere, and they can refer to it easily if they have it written down.

I've seen friends exchange text messages for like hours, when they could have just had a 2-minute phone conversation to cover the same thing. Seems like rather an inconvenience to me.

Recently, I noticed that I had misplaced my phone charger, but only after my phone's battery had been drained.

And I realized I no longer know anyone's phone number by heart, since my phone does it for me.

I had to physically drive over to a friend's house one night to ask him a question.

It really brought back memories of the old days, when once you left your house, you became incommunicado until you arrived at your destination, but only if whoever was trying to reach you knew where you were going and had the phone number too.

There was a funny bit on Jay Leno a few years back, where he had two buddies from the audience come up and compete against 2 guys from the "Telegraph Club", to see which team could successfully transmit a message faster. The guys using Morse code won, hands down, no contest. Hilarious. (Oh, and the message was something like "I saved a bunch on my car insurance by switching to Geico".)

• 9 months later...

I have been accesing mortys on my smart or web capable phones for the last two years. I am a phone junkie and as such have carried a couple of different ones (never the i phone as I am not an apple junkie) and it has always worked fine. You can tell when I am posting from my phone, though, as the posts are generally shorter, misspelled and have no emiticons.

Archived