Sign in to follow this  
KingOfRealityTV

Speculations / General Discussion

Guest Anonymous

Ok -- I have a question. I don't like Rob and Amber. Does that mean I'm supposed to like Lynn and Alex? Is the visa versa true?

If Lynn and Alex do something nice -- does that make Rob and Amber bad? Is the visa versa true here too?

I'm in trouble here -- because I'm really not rooting for either one of them. But I do get confused where the rules seem to apply one direction but not the other.

Regardless of the reasons, I appreciated Lynn and Alex helping Merideth and Gretchin, I appreciated Rob and Amber not yielding Lynn and Alex or anyone else. I appreciated the fact the Merideth and Gretchin were given such a warm welcome from the people of India. I find the show much more enjoyable when I take the time to note these moments and appreciate them for what they are.

I still dont get all this passionate Romber hating.

ITS A GAME. Would you blame football players for tackling their opponents hard? Would you criticize a hockey player for checking their opponent? Would you chastise a volleyball player for spiking the ball?

TAR is a game not just about speed but also about making better decisions than your competitors. Like them or not, you have to give Romber credit for that.

The only things that I ever hear people speak about is the paying of the driver to keep the back door closed, not "stopping" for the accident, getting help from locals because they are "famous, and not giving Meredith and Gretchen stuff after the non-elimination round.

First, I dont see any difference between asking the driver to keep the back door closed than not sharing a taxi or telling people where the clue box or misleading people as to where the clue box. Last year one couple got the clue out of the box. The other team sat there and was too lazy to get off the boat. They asked them if that was the clue box and the team with the clue said no. I think all of that is well within the bounds of the game.

And as for the car, I cant tell you how many accidents I have driven by without stopping -- not because I am heartless but because other people were already helping the victims, assistance was in route and my pressence wouldnt have helped. Doing anything but driving by is considered rubbernecking and is usually frowned upon.

The "famous" stuff for the most part is just bunk. All the teams are followed by camera crews, so to alot of folks I am sure they are all considered "famous" (as we saw with the people seeking autographs from Meredith and Gretchen. ) More importantly, look closely again at last nights episode, Romber were helped by a guy that had never even heard of them. Why, first because they were nice to the guy, and secondly and most importantly ROB ASKED. Before I became too sick to work, I used to do fundraising, and I cant tell you how many people will say they never give because they werent asked. Watch how Romber interacts with the people from the host country. They are polite, appreciative, and give of themselves (remember Rob giving away his Boston hat) Niceities like that are why they get help.

Finally as to Meredith and Gretchen, quite frankly, aside from clothing, I would have been annoyed as hell if other teams gave me stuff to stay in the race -- maybe buy me coffee and eggs for breakfast, but give me money for transportation -- thats just BS. What that means is that the other teams didnt consider them strong enough competition to be worried about. Rob said just last night all five teams are strong and could win. Thats respect. And, at least for me, I will take respect over pity any day.

Then I look at the other couples. Half of them arent even nice to each other, let alone to the people they encounter from the host country. If my partner called me a dumb piece of redneck trash, I dont know that I would have even continued the race without an apology. And watch the tasks where only one team mate can do the task. Gretchen always tells Meredith "hurry up", Alex makes frequent little snide remarks (lets see if we can break another car) while with Romber the one sitting out always says Good job, you can do, you're doing great. All positive.

So can someone please tell me -- without flaming me -- why the hate? What specifically is it that you "hate" about Romber.

I can tell you why I love Romber very easily.

1. They play the game with intelligence and I appreciate that quality in people.

2. They treat each other with a great deal of respect, they appreciate their good fortune and they show affection for the people they meet along the way.

and

3. I use to work in fundraising/political campaigns and its an industry where being tagged for things/being a scapegoat, is commonplace. I have empathy for Romber because no matter what they do, their detractors assign the worst possible motives to it.

Thats what I am looking for on the other side. What concise, logical reasons support the hatred?

And to clarify thats not an attack on anyone who dislikes Romber -- I just dont get it thats all

Guest Anonymous

I'm afraid that I wonder how they've treated people with respect? Courteous. Yes, I've seen that. But I've seen a great deal of disrespect as well. What I remember most clearly, to give example to this, is Rob laughing at Gretchin's fall and accusing Merideth of pushing her. I'm sorry, but that really did not endear me to Rob.

I think the problem is -- that not liking Rob and Amber does not make me hate them. I don't care for certain of their actions. That is not to say that they haven't done nice things too.

I can say that I think the whole phenomena of "Romber" has distracted from the quality of the television program.

My reaction to first hearing Romber were going to be on AR was one of, PLEASE NO! I remember the day Morty posted it. But I had the same reaction with Alison from BB (and I liked Ali). I don

I'm afraid that I wonder how they've treated people with respect?  Courteous.  Yes, I've seen that.  But I've seen a great deal of disrespect as well.  What I remember most clearly, to give example to this, is Rob laughing at Gretchin's fall and accusing Merideth of pushing her.  I'm sorry, but that really did not endear me to Rob.

I took what he said about gretchen pushing merideth as a joke. And wonder why people jump all over that, and not another team who calls them stupid. which was not a joke but an attack.

Guest ranster627

Frankly, I think it is self-confidence, and I respect that in people! I may not like everything about Rob, but I can't hate someone I don't know personally, and I do like to acknowledge traits I respect. I respect his charm and self-confidence ... and I confess, he has made me laugh too!

Okay guys I wasnt renouncing my love for Romber, just willing to admit that sometimes he has a bit of an arrogance to him. It doesnt bother me either, but I can see why someone might not like him for that. What I was trying to say is that at least I can rationally understand that (disliking him because of a perceived arrogance) much more than I can understand not liking him for persuading the bus driver not to open the back door. Maybe I didnt make myself clear. I just think so many people have gotten pretty upset over things that romber has done (versus a character trait) and I just dont get it. I guess it would be like supporters saying I like them for getting the driver to keep the back door closed, instead of saying I like them because they are ingenious.

To be clear -- ROMBER ROCKS!

Like or dislike Rob and Amber.... either way .... I'm sure the 'discussions' have kept messege boards all over cyber-space hopping :!:

But.... sitting here thinking back to Survivor... I don't know who I was madder at, at the time - - Rob and Amber or the other Survivors for being soooo naive and following them down the 'yellow brick road' :?

clink, clink.... my 2 cents worth

They are greedy? Because they get offered the chance to win more money and travel around the world and OH MY GOD they agreed to do it. HOW TERRIBLE OF THEM.

They won a collective 1,050,000 and 2 cars on survivor. After taxes they probably had 600,000 left. While I am not denying that 600K is a nice chunk of change, its not like they are rolling in it. I lived in Boston for a year. One of my friends bought a shoebox of a condo and it cost him nearly 300K.

So what do you propose should be the amount of money that one could have or have lucked into to be allowed to play TAR and not be considered greedy? Guess if Kelly won any money in the pagents she should be out. Meredith and Gretchen look pretty comfortable -- they are out. Uchena and Joyce lost there jobs, but then again they were management. I say there out too. WOW looks like the lot of them are ALL GREEDY BAZt@@ds!!

Come on this is getting silly. Next thing you know people will be demanding that the next tsunami be named ROMBER LOL

I am really disappointed that they reset the teams IN THE MIDDLE OF A LEG.

TOTAL COPOUT!! I AM MAD!!!! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

No Doubt... I was thinking the same thing...

i wasnt surprised

they always seem to let the teams BOTTLENECK at least once during each leg be it at an airport a train station or waiting for something to open.

But its usually at the beginning of the leg which seems at least a little more fair.

Wow....

Did Kelly REALLY say to Ron - what I think she said during the preview for next week :?:

Slowpoke

I thought the same thing --what a terrible thing to say!!! that he got out of being in the military because he was a POW????

What the #$@% is that! and the word rhymes with luck!

Uchjoy

Romber

Ronkel

It came to me in a cloud of cosmic bliss and it all makes sensi to me now!! 8)

uchen and joyce to win

ron and kelly 2nd

rob and amber 3rd

meredith and gretchen 4th

Uchjoy

Romber

Ronkel

King/NWA

Is this your sense or do you have scoop

this is just what i think i have no inside info

yet i did hear that some online betting sites suspended betting because a large number of bets for Uchen and Joyce were coming out of Rob and Ambers old home towns!!!

I wouldnt put it past Rob to try to make some money out of this!

this could be a spoiler or just a guess but i will put it here because it might be right, but n e way uchenna and joyce are going to win and ron and kelly are in the final 3. romber dont make it to the final 3 so that leaves lynn and alex and meredith and gretchen that could possibly have the final 3 spot i think it will me lynn and alex so

1st. uchenna and joyce

2nd. ron and kelly

3rd lynn and alex

4th rob and amber

5th meredith and gretchen

i could have the second and third place teams in the wrong order.

Heres what I have heard:

1. Uchenna/Joyce

2. Rob/Amber

3. Meredith/Gretchen

4. Ron/Kelly

5. Lynn/Alex

this could be a spoiler or just a guess but i will put it here because it might be right, but n e way uchenna and joyce are going to win and ron and kelly are in the final 3. romber dont make it to the final 3 so that leaves lynn and alex and meredith and gretchen that could possibly have the final 3 spot i think it will me lynn and alex so

1st. uchenna and joyce

2nd. ron and kelly

3rd lynn and alex

4th rob and amber

5th meredith and gretchen

i could have the second and third place teams in the wrong order.

This isn't what I've heard -- but its close. I heard :

1st Uchenna and Joyce

2nd Ron and Kelly

3rd Meredith and Gretchin

4th Rob and Amber.

That Meridith and Gretchin end up in the final three seems to be backed up in most reports I've read. That Rob and Amber are eliminated in Vancouver -- also in most reports. The only thing that seems to be a toss up is 1st and 2nd place.

I guess we'll all find out! :D

Heres what I have heard:

1. Uchenna/Joyce

2. Rob/Amber

3. Meredith/Gretchen

4. Ron/Kelly

5. Lynn/Alex

I second that...

^^ I triple that.

^^ I quadruple that..

^^already doulbed it and now wants to quadruple it?

<<Will take the square root of it...

Seriously, I don't know..and don't care, I'll find out when I find out..

Guest Anonymous

Yes that caught my ear too. What I'm finding so disgusting in so many of the racers is a complete lack of respect for each other. Kelly statement for Ron is the voice of a spoiled brat who has no idea of the blood that has been poured into her freedom.

Oh yeah, I'd like to get out of the army, so I think I'll get captured by some Iraqis, tortured, possibly killed, but what the heck, at least I will get out of the army and avoid commitment...

yeah, right.

That girl needs her head examined.

I can't wait to see how Ron replies to that remark. I think if Ron was unsure if Kelly was the girl for him... he should definitely know now... she's toxic.

You know someone made the remark about the betting on Uchenna & Joyce being Rob trying to make some money. The thought just occured to me that maybe it is the opposite. Maybe Romber really won the race and the betting on Uchenna & Joyce is just a fake to keep us guessing....mmmmm

Guest krazybroad

I hope that after that comment, he will have better taste in women and see her for what she really is. A BIG BRAT.!!! He is a hero in my book, and I think in most others. For her to say something like that is completly wrong. :evil: