Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

Episode 4.09: The Shape Of Things To Come (ben-centric)

20 posts in this topic

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.09: Bakir

Airdate: April 24, 2008

• 02/29 - Julie Carlson, the extras casting director for "Lost," is looking for people of all ages who have a Middle Eastern or Arabic appearance to take part in the new episode that begins filming March 10. Source: Honolulu Advertiser
  • 02/28 - Episode 409 features Bakir, a distinguished, 40ish, Middle Eastern man. While charming, there is an underlying menace. Also, a French speaking African woman. Source: secretagentman at TWoP

Episode 4.09: The Shape of Things to Come (Sayid and/or Ben-centric)

• 04/03 - Claire is in significant danger in this season's Episode 9. Source: Ask Ausiello @ TV Guide
  • 03/29 - Locke's camp comes under attack, and Jack tries to discover the identity of a body that has washed ashore. Source: ABC
  • 03/17 - Sayid is indeed in Episode 4.09. Sayid is one of the Pallbearers at his former love, Nadia's, funeral. According to other sources Ben was also seen "close by" and ties in with recent spoilers and photos posted here from Ryan in with Michael Emerson was spotted. Ishmael Bakir - Middle Eastern, 40s, should have a slight natural accent, a high-ranking businessman who carries himself with a sense of quiet menace. We get the impression that this distinguished man has the capacity for great violence. Desk Clerk - African, female, any age, French-speaking. Cold to some guests, but gracious to the wealthy. Doorman - 50s, British, white, distinguished. Uniformed doorman works for a luxury building. Bedouins - Two Arabic men, any age. Stunts required - Must be able to ride a horse. Source: Lost Spoilers
  • 03/04 - Episode nine is gonna feature some richy-rich types who live in a doorman building-the show is now casting for a French-speaking African desk clerk and a "distinguished" doorman. Methinks we're going back to Tunisia... Source: Kristin on E!Online

Episode 4.09: The Shape of Things to Come (Sayid and/or Ben-centric)

• 04/09 - [The big war] goes down in the first episode back (April 24) and Jack looks a little, er, messy by episode 10. Also, in the first ep back, there's a dead body. Source: Kristin on E!Online
  • 04/09 - Guest starring are Ken Leung as Miles, Jeremy Davies as Daniel Faraday, Rebecca Mader as Charlotte, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Tania Raymonde as Alex, Alan Dale as Charles Widmore, Marc Vann as doctor, Kevin Durand as Keamy, Yetide Badaki as desk clerk, Kaveh Kardan as merchant, Faran Tahir as Ishmael Bakir and Sean Douglas Hoban as Doug. Source: ABC

Does this awesome LOST promo get you as hyped up for the next LOST episode as it does me??

LOST April 24th promo

And here's a video of Entertainment Weekly on the set during the filming of "A Shape of Things To Come":

EW on the set

A Death Sequence and the Smoke Monster's Return

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello, the April 24th episode not only features an "AMAZING death sequence" but it also marks the return of Old Smoky!

Entertainment Weekly's Doc Jensen Reports From the LOST Set:

Monday, April 14, 2008

Life on the Oahu set of Lost isn't always a day at the beach. On this sweltering March afternoon, for example, ABC's cult hit about castaways on a time-warped tropical isle has chosen to shoot in...a rock quarry. Amount of fun currently being had: Zero. The horses are jumpy from machine-gun fire. Executive producer Jack Bender is directing with an ice pack to his face after walking into a crane. And Michael Emerson

In the episode "The Shape of Things To Come":

Source: DocArzt and Entertainment Weekly's Doc Jensen

• We'll see Ben 'globe-trotting' as his fight with Charles Widmore for control over the Island ramps up

The Sayid/Nadia love story is 'revisited'

Claire begins a story arc that sets up the next few episodes and the next few years

Smokey returns, and Hurley has an encounter with him.

Sneak peeks are up for "The Shape of Things to Come" and they're doozys!

Sneak peek 1

:animated_bouncy: Can't wait, can't wait!

From Wiki: Locke's camp comes under attack, and Jack tries to discover the identity of a body that has washed ashore. In flashforwards, we see Ben's life after the island.

Sorry if this is already a thread...

But, holy smokes!! I hold off on any spoilers for anyone who didn't see it.

Wow, what a mind-blowing episode that still has me thinking!

Major (and minor points) to the LOST puzzle revealed last night:

• Ben controls the smoke monster. Wasn't that an awesome sequence?!! :clap:

• This is one hard-core....game? After Ben's "daughter" is shot point blank in the head, a stunned Ben mutters, "he changed the rules". :animated_scratchchin: I'm still try to totally figure out this comment, as well as the ending scene, but am I the only one thinking that this is a major 'winner takes all' game being played between two men- one very rich and utterly ruthless (Widmore) and the other brilliant and mentally unstable (Ben).

• Ben smirked after he left Sayid which definitely says that Sayid has been played the whole time and will be used by Ben to try and fulfill his warped desire to seek retribution against Widmore by killing Penelope. Think back to the ending sequence of the previous Sayid-centric episode when Ben tells Sayid he has another "assignment" for him. I'm thinking this has Penelope Widmore's name written all over it. That being said, if the writers have Ben succeed in killing her I will be hard-pressed to continue watching the show. The Desmond/Penny romance is one of the most enjoyable parts of the show and I've always hoped that, despite whatever else the writers concoct, they would have this part of the story end happily.

• Ben can't kill Widmore. In the final sequence, brilliantly written and acted I might add, Widmore asks Ben if he is there to kill him. Ben replies, "we both know I can't do that". This has to be related to why Michael can't kill himself, Jack couldn't kill himself, and Desmond couldn't marry Penny- the whole "course correction" thing. Something- the island?- will not permit them to.

• Sawyer seems very-protective of Claire and called her "sweetheart"...one more "shape of things to come", perhaps? :animated_scratchchin:

• Jack is getting sick...very sick. The Sickness? Appendicitis (as alluded to in the preview)? Druggie? All I can say is I can't wait until next week!

• Bernard knows morse code- yaay! That was pretty funny, and I'm glad it was Bernard that turned the tables on Daniel. So the reason the Doctor was fine on the freighter and yet washed up dead on the island was most likely because of the 30 min and some odd seconds time difference. He was probably killed by Widmore's commando squad before they left to get Ben.

• We finally have proof that Ben can time/place travel...Tunisia and Iraq, oh my! Did anyone else notice the jacket Ben was wearing when his 1st jump was revealed? He was lying on the sand and then sat up and heaved. His jacket had the name "Hallowax" on it. The very same name as the Asian man that was featured in the DHARMA rabbit experiment videos. And it was winter jacket- one he wouldn't have worn on the island. :animated_scratchchin:

• What was that stick thing that Ben has in his pocket when the bedouin guys find him in the desert and he has behind his back when he is talking to the concierge at the hotel? I don't think its a weapon or he would have used it against the bedouins instead of using their own weapons against them. And I don't think he was planning to use it against the concierge. I'm guessing that it is the device that enables him to time travel and that he had it in his hands to make a quick escape if need be. Anyone else have any ideas?

• "If you harm one hair on his curly head, I'll kill you!" Man, I love Sawyer! And Hurley is turning out to be a definite puzzle piece of importance- a LARGE piece of importance. Why is he crucial in finding Jacob? Yes, he saw the cabin but it also disappeared later. And when Locke asked Ben "which way", Ben directed them as to the way to go. So I'm thinking there is much more to having Hurley with them than Ben is letting on. If there is one thing that is obvious in the whole show it's this- NEVER TRUST BEN.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Lost

by Trish Wethman

Episode Recap: The Shape of Things to Come

Great assessments, Kayo.

I thought the morse code part was awesome, if only to include other people from the island. But I took Daniel's lie to mean the body that washed up on the island was not the "doctor", but someone else. What I'm a little disappointed in is the lack of full fledged bitch slaps from Juliette and Kate to Charlotte.

I'm not sure Ben "controls" smokey, because wasn't Juliette afraid of it? I think Ben has studied smokey and knows its tendencies (like tests to see if fence is down then attack if it is). But, if you're right and Ben can control the monster, why kill Eko?

I have to go back and watch, but something looked odd when the house started rattling right before they ran out of the house. The camera focused on Miles for a second and it jerked a little like it did when Miles was hoovering ghosts at Grandma's house.

I'm with you on the Sawyer / Claire relationship. With Kate gone, Sawyer has really taken to the protector role.

I'm glad Ben, Locke and Hurley are off on a house warming party. They are three exceptional actors and it should prove brilliant...if not confusing.

Did anyone else catch that Hurley said,

Doug and Jerome

Friday, April 25, 2008

Source: John Kubicek-BuddyTV, Lostpedia

Images courtesy of Lost-Media

eggs49dougmg2.jpg

Doug (Sean Douglas Hoban)

You probably don

Lost Easter Eggs: "The Shape of Things to Come"

John Kubicek, BuddyTV

(Images courtesy of Lost-Media)

Friday, April 25, 2008

eggs49tunisiacu2.jpg

Tunisia:As Ben said, this wasn

Here's an interesting fact I stumbled across:

When Ben checks in at the hotel in Tunisia, the woman at the desk confirms the date as being October 24, 2005. In researching that date, I discovered that this same date, although in 1593 instead of 2005, had an actual event occur that featured the theme of time travel. Here is a description from Wikepedia:

The story of Gil P

Great find Kayo...I just got chills...

man, I love this show.

...but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

You didn't finish the quote! Inconceivable!!

I have yet to go back and read this entire thread, but as others have noted, there was a lot of hints dropped in this last episode, or maybe I'm just getting better at noticing them.

It does look like this is going to turn out to be a "game" of some kind, like something in a Virtual World where the rules can be changed or people can cheat.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0