Amanda Fainted

Marty

the fall looked very real as she face planted into ground. 4 all the ppl sayin shes fakin she must of learned that in wrestling class 2 fall like that. IT WAS REAL. Chelsia said she was fakin. Can we toss Chelsia back out street where she worked be4.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would BB risk it?? Why would Amanda risk it by going on the show? It isn't like slop was this season's twist. As cold as it sounds, if she eats anything other than slop & supplements then she should get a penalty vote. That's the rule.

If she knew before going into the house that she couldn't physically complete the game, she should not have agreed to do the show.

Now if she leaves the show and Alex can choose either Parker or Jen, then I know this whole thing is FIXED.

I hope she's OK..........I don't know much about it but I do have diabetics in my family..........seems like something similar and I think when it's taken care of soon, it can easily be rectified and the person returns to normal.

Sad part is, there will always be those those who will believe it was fake..........especially coming from Amanda, so it's a lose/lose situation for her.

I don't understand why BB would have cast her knowing her medical condition and slop being part of the game?? It doesn't make sense. BB should have had to disqualfy her from casting because of that. I mean usually at some point everyone ends up on slop.

from wikipedia what happen 2 her, why, and how she can be better

Circumstances include the age of the patient, time of day, time since last meal, previous episodes, nutritional status, physical and mental development, drugs or toxins (especially insulin or other diabetes drugs), diseases of other organ systems, family history, and response to treatment. When hypoglycemia occurs repeatedly, a record or "diary" of the spells over several months, noting the circumstances of each spell (time of day, relation to last meal, nature of last meal, response to carbohydrate, and so forth) may be useful in recognizing the nature and cause of the hypoglycemia.

An especially important aspect is whether the patient is seriously ill with another problem. Severe disease of nearly all major organ systems can cause hypoglycemia as a secondary problem. Hospitalized patients, especially in intensive care units or those prevented from eating, can suffer hypoglycemia from a variety of circumstances related to the care of their primary disease. Hypoglycemia in these circumstances is often multifactorial or even iatrogenic. Once identified, these types of hypoglycemia are readily reversed and prevented, and the underlying disease becomes the primary problem.

Apart from determining nutritional status and identifying whether there is likely to be an underlying disease more serious than hypoglycemia, the physical examination of the patient is only occasionally helpful. Macrosomia in infancy usually indicates hyperinsulinism. A few syndromes and metabolic diseases may be recognizable by clues such as hepatomegaly or micropenis.

Response to treatment, especially the amount of carbohydrate needed to reverse or prevent recurrence of hypoglycemia, may provide important clues as well. When 15-30 grams of sugar or starch are given by mouth, a low blood glucose will usually rise by 18-36 mg/dl (1-2 mmol/l) within 5-10 minutes, relieving hypoglycemic symptoms within 10 minutes[citation needed]. It may take longer to recover from severe hypoglycemia with unconsciousness or seizure even after restoration of normal blood glucose. When a person has not been unconscious, failure of carbohydrate to reverse the symptoms in 10-15 minutes increases the likelihood that hypoglycemia was not the cause of the symptoms. When severe hypoglycemia has persisted in a hospitalized patient, the amount of glucose required to maintain satisfactory blood glucose levels becomes an important clue to the underlying etiology. Glucose requirements above 10 mg/kg/minute in infants, or 6 mg/kg/minute in children and adults are strong evidence for hyperinsulinism. In this context this is referred to as the glucose infusion rate (GIR). Finally, the blood glucose response to glucagon given when the glucose is low can also help distinguish among various types of hypoglycemia. A rise of blood glucose by more than 30 mg/dl (1.70 mmol/l) suggests insulin excess as the probable cause of the hypoglycemia.

Hopefully, BB has a medical person in the house somewhere and they gave her some OJ with sugar in it or some glucose. They will need to check her blood sugar count. The problem is that she probably doesn't want to eat the slop (which has enough carbs to convert to sugar) so she's not eating following the veto competition which is making her sugar count low. It's human nature to kind of be in denial if one has a sickness (I know I'm in denial about my diabetes...).

lvgal, BUT I would think BB would let everyone know that she wasn't faking. I mean the medical people will confirm with BB what's going on and BB would then be able to tell anyone who says she faking that she's not.

I wondering why the people from BB didn't rush out to help her ASAP? Maybe they at first though she was faking?

And, if anyone still doubts it's true.............on STAD last night, this is EXACTLY what Amanda explained to the other hg's...............right down to the fact that she needed some sugar or starch to keep herself in check.

I was about to ask, isn't slop basically starch and carbs? Tastes like crap, but would be great for someone with Amanda's "condition".

I've known people who could give themselves seizures or force themselves to hyper-ventilate for attention, so the idea of Amanda putting herself in danger for more attention is not really that hard to believe.

EVEN if BB explains that it was not fake.................do you really think Josh or Chel will believe it?

This will just be one more thing they can use to accuse her of getting attention.

What amazes me is that after all the physical stuff they went through (supposedly) why didn't they have a plan for this?

I was watching. I was surprised and delighted at how fast James and Sharon ran in to help. Ryan, Nat, Adam, James & Sharon looked very concerned and rushed to get her some medical attention. No one really knew what to do, but they reacted quickly. They do have a nurse nearby to help in these kind of situations. They acted quickly, so I'm hoping that Amanda will be ok and not have to leave.

I really want to know why BB is not testing her blood sugar level every day.. They hear her saying she needs sugar.. why are they not calling her in the the DR to check her levels to make sure she is ok... she would have had to tell them she is hypoglycemic before she went in the house.. Why are they not checking her levels.. makes me sooo mad

Maybe Amanda didn't tell BB of her problem, or tell them how serious she is.

I still think if she doesn't have to be on slop, everyone should be off slop. I find it convenient that this happens AFTER the plan to keep them weak from slop is leaked. BTW, how long has she been eating it?

Archived