Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Kid Nation 2

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Any news if it will return?

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,774 posts
"Kid Nation" Is No More

Remember "Kid Nation?"

It was only the cause celebre of the '07-'08 season, with endless stories written about, and over which countless calls were made by reporters to child welfare services in New Mexico, state investigation panels convened, and critics so exercised by the possible legal and moral ramifications of it all that they lost sleep AND weight (often at the same time.)

It was quite a show.

Anyway, it's dead.

Or almost certainly dead - or like that soap that's 99.999 percent pure - it's 99.999 percent dead.

CBS announced its '08-09 returning shows last night, and "Kid" was not amongst the living. Here's the complete list, and no major surprises: "Cold Case," "Criminal Minds," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," "CSI: Miami," "CSI: NY," "Ghost Whisperer," "NCIS," "Numb3rs," "Two and a Half Men," "Without a Trace," "The Big Bang Theory." Of the reality crew, CBS had already announced that '"Survivor" and "The Amazing Race" were back.

I emailed CBS's laudatory primetime press man, Phil Gonzales, about the unfortunate state of affairs with regards "Kid Nation." He wrote back: "Other than the shows that we just announced as renewed, no final decisions have been made on any shows for next year. We just ordered 4 more post-strike originals for 'Moonlight' and 'Jericho' is in 'Cane's' time period for now."

Phil is just too polite to say it, so I'll say it for him:

"Kid Nation" is dead.

Without "Kid Nation" to kick around, what will give critics exercise this fall? (They'll have to go out and run around the block, I guess.) At least they'll get some sleep.

And - I'm glad you asked - what about "Cane." Again, I think this announcement pretty much says it all. It too is gone. That's a bummer - especially for Jimmy Smits fans. But here's the silver lining: This means that the splendid Nestor Carbonell - who just happens to be one of my favorite actors in the solar system - will get to return to "Lost" where he can complete his great and never-aging portrayal of Richard.

Yes, "Others" dude Richard Alpert with 99.999 percent certainty WILL be back and that's the best news today.

Posted by Verne Gay on February 15, 2008 8:34 AM | Permalink

WickedOne

WickedOne

• Pip
  • 9,308 posts
Sticks tongue out at stupid people who b*tched and complained. pfffttttttttttttttttt

Baron

Baron

• Pip
  • 1,163 posts
Yeah its gone. Unless another Network picks it up, We will never see KN2. Too bad, we had some great debates about the first season.

Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts
I'm actually surprised Disney is not all over this. They could easily do their own watered-down Kids Nation, inside the Mouse's compound, of course, and make it a Kid Nation/ Hills type "drama".

FLYNWA

FLYNWA

• Pip
  • 725 posts
would have loved to see this show back.

I think it was more a replacement for the writers strike than anything else.

Bring it back.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I didnt watch the first one, but i would have watched the second one to see what all the hype was about..

iloverobandamber

iloverobandamber

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Any news if it will return?

there might be a Second Season according to Greg Pheasant from the first Season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users