Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

How To Post A Live Feed Update

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,774 posts

This forum is for reporting what is happening on the Live Feeds only.
All discussion of happenings in the house should be directed to the BB16 Discussion forum.

The HOW-TO guide for Live Feed Updaters.

Please remember, these are just guidelines.
We don't want to cramp your individual styles, but it helps the people reading your updates if everyone tries to follow a few basics.

Try to include as many of the 5 W's as possible!

Who?
Ex. Joshuah / Josh
If Josh is speaking to Sharon, and they are the only ones in the conversation, you can just use the initials "J" and "S" after the first time. (But it wouldn't make sense to use "J" if Jacob, Joshuah, Jen and James were all present.)
IMPORTANT: Please use the houseguests' real names (or agreed-upon abbreviated forms). Do NOT use nicknames from the message board which carry connotations, such as "JanTran" instead of Janelle, for example.

What?
Ex. Alex and Neil are playing chess.
(Sometimes what they're doing is not as important as what they're saying.)

When?
Ex. 6:30 BBT
(Please use the time it is in the Big Brother house, not your own local time.)

Where?
Ex. Kitchen, Backyard, Boat bedroom
(We may have a few standard abbreviations for some rooms.)

Why?
Only include this one if it is obvious from the action you have see. Try not to make guesses or judgements as to the motives behind behaviour otherwise. Leave that for the discussion forum.
Ex. 1 Jen goes to tell James that Alex is voting for him, because she overheard Alex and Neil talking about it. (This is fine.)
Ex. 2 Jen goes to tell James that Alex is voting for him, because she wants him to be anxious about the vote. (This is more speculative.)

Personal comments within Live Feed Updates

Morty and the whole MortysTV team greatly appreciate the fact that live feed updaters want to be of service and that they can't provide as high a quality of that service if they are forced to pause their updating to go post their opinion in the discussion section every time they wish to share, or instead be forced to keep it to themselves. So Morty has given his blessing for live feed updaters to include some personal comments. (*I always loved Morty's personal comments, back when he was updating alone.*) Including a personal observation here and there is well and good, but judgmental comments within the Live feed Updates that will unduly influence the ones reading them are to be avoided.

All we ask is that updaters who are including personal comments use brackets to make it clear that the comment is their own. [ This is an example -Jedi]

We also understand how it's not always easy to keep gut reactions out of it, especially when you are watching these people day in and day out on the live feeds. Sooner or later you can't help forming some opinions about liking some and hating others.

Sometimes, overboard comments can produce such a reaction in the readers of those updates that posts get reported to the moderators for no other reason than that they feel the updater is personally picking on their favorite houseguest(s).
Since the Live Feed Updates forum is NOT the discussion forum, it might help if things weren't too inflammatory. Therefore, let's try to keep personal comments to more of a neutral vein, and less extreme.

If you really feel strongly about a houseguest or something they have done, you should probably share your comments about it in our Discussion forum.

Suggestions for some common Live Feed Update posting standards can be posted as replies to this thread and discussed here.

Katydidit

Katydidit

Live Feed Updater/Capper

• LFU
  • 2,752 posts
(1)

2:55 BBT
Everybody starting with BBT helps the flow for those who edit for the daily summary. Especially if one post is going to cover a slow hour or so, which can be done via edit. When such is the case, it helps to re-state the time along the way. Using edit is not such a good idea when life is moving fast and furiously.

(2)

Please use paragraphs to break up long blocks of text, especially if switching rooms or groups.

At least, I think these help.

Moxie

Moxie

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,838 posts
This tip may help others who do LFU. I keep a clock next to my monitor with the BBT on it. Since I live in the east, it helps me to know the exact time to start my posts so there's no confusion. It's amazing what a difference it makes for you if you don't live in that time zone. smile.gif

Jem

Jem

Forum Moderator

• 12,979 posts
I actually change the time on the board in my profile so I donít have to second-guess myself.

The most important thing to remember here is:

We donít care about typos, spelling or grammar (If you read the BB main page, itís evident that isnít a stipulation laugh.gif ).

We love all the updaters and they donít HAVE to type updates daily.

It should be fun not a chore.

layne41902

layne41902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

When will the updates start??  I like to come every morning and read what happened.. that is what I live for in the summer!!  :-)  It used to be right on the front page but the only thing there now is a recap of last nights show.  Will there still be the live updates on the front page??

Thanks

sassy2565

sassy2565

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 72 posts

The live feds have not started yet, they will be available after the show tonight and then the updates will start and should resemble what you were used to in the past : )

layne41902

layne41902

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

YAY!!  Thank you, 

Tessthemess

Tessthemess

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 20 posts

I'm really thinking about doing updates from 2am to 6am as I work at this time and its usually dead at work and I'm left staring at the ceiling. And I know these houseguests are up running around at all hours of the night with no one updating on them.

Anyways, to the point, when I usually watch live feeds I only stick to one screen, missing some action from time to time as I'm horrible at watching the quad view and tuning out the others. Any tips at how to get the most 'juicy' stuff? Or should I just jump in and try and watch the quad view and pray for my sanity?

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,426 posts
There's a viewer you can D/L, BBViewer-3.1.exe  you can take screen caps and you can focus on left or right channel audio - helpful when watching quad view and you can adjust the size.  Much more flexible than the CBS viewer. You can also control the bit rate. 

It helps, but I'm usually tuned to the wrong feed.  :cry:

Tessthemess

Tessthemess

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 20 posts

Thank you!!! Sadly I can't download it to my work computer tonight. But thats just tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users