and what to see if other bb fans were talking yet

of course we're all talking

we're addicted

i would love another season of bb

celebrity edition would be awesome

been waiting forever for it to come to the usa

uk has already had a few celebrity editions

cbs, we love you, bring bb9 in Q1 of 2008

When you think about it, BB is the perfect show to fill a slot for CBS, when a strike happens. They don't have to have a huge budget. They don't even have to have expensive extra prizes, if they don't want to have them. They usually don't buy expensive groceries or anything like that. They pay the stipends and the grand prize and 2nd place, and that's about it. And they could even recycle some of the contest sets, if they needed to do so.

I hope they have two BB's this year!

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Big Brother 9': The Hunt Is On

New season will air at some point in 2008... Maybe soon!

November 15, 2007

33799208.jpg

'Big Brother' host Julie Chen

While not confirming those pesky rumors that a new season of "Big Brother" could start as soon as February, CBS has opened up casting for the reality favorite.

CBS announced Thursday (Nov. 15) that "Big Brother 9" will have organized casting calls in 17 cities (some very close to each other) between Saturday, Nov. 17 (in Los Angeles and Columbia, South Carolina) and Saturday, Dec. 8.

Additional information is available through the CBS website.

CBS also announced the return of Allison Grodner and Rich Meehan as executive producers and Julie Chen as host.

While there had been rumors of a celebrity season, the show's format appears to be unchanged: A group of strangers will share a house bedecked in cameras for three months, voting people out every week. The last houseguest wins a prize.

The one thing that isn't revealed is when "Big Brother 9" will premiere. The CBS release only says that it "will be broadcast in 2008 on dates to be announced."

CBS didn't announce the eighth season pick-up for "Big Brother" until this past February, before premiering the show in July. The early start means that at the very least CBS will be ready to start "Big Brother 9" early in the spring should the writers' strike continue and should the network have an emergency need for adult 18-49-friendly programming possibly filling three primetime hours per week.

Your casting call opportunities:

Nov. 17 -- Los Angeles -- Exclusive Casting Studios, 7700 Sunset Blvd., (12 Noon-3 PM)

Nov. 17 -- Columbia, S.C. -- WLTX-TV, 6027 Garners Ferry Road, (10 AM-2 PM)

Nov. 18 -- New York -- NY Castings, 243 West 30th Street, 3rd. Floor, (12 Noon-8 PM)

Nov. 23 -- Houston -- Meridien, 1503 Chartres St., (7PM-10PM)

Dec. 1 -- Houston -- Moes Grill & Bar, 5000 Katy Mills Circle, (2PM-5PM)

Dec. 1 -- Schaumburg, IL- Woodfield Mall, "Cool Waves" Nordstrom lower level, (12PM-3PM)

Dec. 1 -- Atlanta --America's Mart, 240 Peachtree Street 1st Fl. Rm. A, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 -- Brooklyn, NY -- Duff's Brooklyn, N. 3rd Street & Kent Avenue, (7 PM-10 PM)

Dec. 1 -- Charlotte, N.C. -- Cans, 500 West 5th Street, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 -- Chicago -- Ontourage, 157 W. Ontario Street, (10 PM-12:00 AM)

Dec. 1 -- Hillsboro, Ore. -- The Streets of Tanasbourne, 19350 NW Emma Way, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 1 -- Kansas City, MO -- Screenlands Crossroads Theater, 1656 Washington St., (1 PM-4 PM)

Dec. 7 Columbus, Ohio -- Spice Bar, 491 N. Park Street, (10 PM-12:00 AM)

Dec. 7 Scottsdale, Ariz. - Suede Lounge, 7333 E. Indian Plaza, (12 PM-3 PM)

Dec. 8 -- Boston -- Felt, 533 Washington Street 3rd & 4th Floor, (12:00 Noon -3 PM)

Dec. 8 -- Broomfield, Colo. -- FlatIron Crossing, 1 West FlatIron Crossing Drive In the Dillard's Court, (10 AM-1 PM)

Dec. 8 -- Columbus, Ohio -- Park Street Patio, 533 Park Street, (2 PM -- 5 PM)

Dec. 8 -- Tampa, Fla. -- The Dubliner Irish Pub, 2307 W. Azeele Street, (12 PM- 3PM)

I am excited to have BB in Feb. In the summer I am never in the house, I hardly watched my live feeds. But winter I don't leave the house...LMAO

I hope the cast all strangers this time.I am so tired of them casting ppl who knows ppl in the house.

Could not agree more Lynnmurr!

If the writers strike away - BB9 will play

I almost couldn't believe it, but now after reading through the posts I'm getting this exciting feeling! AH! I got so wrapped up in BB8 I had to back off a little. Like all-knowing zack states....just watch and see man.

Had a sneaky suspicion when I saw a commercial for the casting call on CBS. I figure it is due to the writer's strike. They have to put something on TV. Reality TV is the easiest I guess.

not 2 burst every1's bubble but the writers and other ppl will meet 11/26 2 try to reach agreement. hope this dosent end big brother hopes but atleast CBS cancled the rest of the seasons 4 their sitcoms for rest of winter/spring so maybe we can get Big Brother atleast on mondays lol but time will tell.

I am so psyched, but I hope they still have the summer one cuz there is nothing on TV then. I get a little too involved, but oh well, everyone at work is too. Jessica and Eric came here (Odessa, TX) for a hockey game appearance--a couple girls at work got their pics taken. We have even gotten in trouble at work for discussing it--sure our bosses are as psyched as I am--lmao

It sounds to me like BB is being told to get ready and be on alert, in case they need them. I doubt they would have two BB's, one right after another, but I guess anything is possible. Thanks for posting the article, Dade!

Big Brother Audition Draws Characters :sadangel:

http://www.wltx.com/FYI/story.aspx?storyid=55748

071117184949_big%20brother%20web.gif

People wait outside the News19 studio

to audition for Big Brother.

(WLTX) - People from all over came to the News19 studio Saturday morning to show off their personalities and audition for the reality CBS t.v. show, "Big Brother."

The line began forming outside before 8:30 a.m. The first person in line was Victoria Pratt, of Columbia. Pratt said it's been her dream to be on "Big Brother" since the very first season. Pratt says, "I'm gonna be on 'Big Brother.' I'm gonna walk in that house and shake it up."

People from a wide variety of backgrounds auditioned for the 9th season of the show. Some of the people were teachers, college students, funeral directions and even a former Miss Gay American.

Archived