Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Celebrity Rehab With Dr. Drew

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Guest_Moxie_*

Guest_Moxie_*
  • Guests
There are a heck of a lot of the reality TV shows I do not watch but I do read the posts on message boards about them.

Is it just my imagination or are a lot of the names on this list people who have appeared on other reality shows? Are these people becoming reality TV professionals?

Inquiring minds want to know! smile.gif

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,750 posts
I think so Moxie.

I don't watch very many reality shows. Mostly just the original ones. BB,TAR,DWTS and Survivor.

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I have noticed that too. Carnie Wilson has been on quite a few -- Celebrity fit club, twice I think, and some country music reality show. Seems like something else too, for her, but I can't think of it off the top of my head. Maybe I'm just thinking of her well-publicized gastric bypass operation. Marcia Brady -- Maureen Whoever, what also on both those shows. Neither is on the Rehab show ...... yet wink.gif . Seriously, I hope neither of them have this type of problem.
Jeff Conaway has been on Celebrity Fit Club as well. So has Gary Busey.
Man -- nice work if you can get it??? I wouldn't think so, but then I am not a celebrity, former celebrity, or has-been, so my standards might be different.
They need a new D-list, or whatever it is, from which to troll for participants.

Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts
In the third season of Celebrity Rehab, an allstar edition with celebrities dealing with this reality show additions.

Guest_Moxie_*

Guest_Moxie_*
  • Guests
Thanks for the list Ivy. I thought some of these people had been on several shows. I can't imagine wanting to be on these things and expose my lack of talent for all the world to see. I'm sure they don't realize how they appear to others, otherwise they wouldn't keep putting themselves through this.

What I don't get is why their close family members don't discourage them from participating in such programs. Are they that hard up for money? I doubt these shows pay a whole lot.

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I missed most of it, but saw the very last bit on the Chelsea Handler show-- she did a bit on Carnie Wilson and all the reality shows she's been on, or is going to be on. It sounds like she is going on Celebrity Rehab. Gee, did she develop a substance abuse problem just so she could qualify?
It's too bad she's going on all these shows. I did like her, but now it just seems like she will sell herself out for anything.

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
So Jeff Conaway is back again, for the next season of this show? I really don't find him entertaining, enlightening, or anything at all. I can't understand why he's on so many of these shows. Now it seems he's such a mess, he ought to be in a real hospital somewhere, with no cameras at all. It's just sad. Whether or not he's really in that bad of shape, or if he's exaggerating his condition for added drama on the show -- it's still just sad.
There should be no question as to the legitimacy of this show. If the same people have to keep coming back, what did they really accomplish? Same goes for shows such as Celebrity fit Club, where they've had repeaters, and also you've seen some that just go back to their old habits. It's so obvious that so many so-called celebs just do these shows for exposure. What are they thinking? "Gee, maybe if I humiliate myself by showing how out of shape I've become, or that I'm a pathetic mess addicted to alcohol, drugs, whatever... someone will like me and give me a job. '???
I can't say there haven't been any celebs who have benefited from these shows, but they are in the minority.

Sheri

Sheri

• Pip
  • 3,112 posts
Gary Busey says he's in to 13 years sobriety, NO WAY...........He's in serious shape along with Steve Adler

hnybny91

hnybny91

• Pip
  • 178 posts
UGH!!! I don't think I will be watching this season. Both Gary Busey and Jeff Conway drive me NUTS!!!!

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I watched the first one, and Jeff Conaway's girlfriend wanted on the show. They wouldn't put her on the 'celeb' rehab, but did offer her a bed in a different program. They really made is seem like she hesitated, because she wanted to be with Jeff. But she did end up taking the other bed-- how serious she is about rehab, I don't know. I think she just wanted on the show.
Busey and Conaway are doing this to be on a show. They are both so messed up-- I don't know if there's any hope for them. If Busey is 13 years sober, then he must have fried his brain pretty darn good. He won't call himself a patient -- he's a participant. He even called himself an angel to someone else, I think. He told that story about sniffing the coke off his dog ---- he wouldn't give up his phone when he was supposed to..... he's just an attention whore.

TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Ex-Alice in Chains Bassist Found Dead

Ex-Alice in Chains Bassist Mike Starr

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police say officers have found former Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr dead in a home near Salt Lake City's downtown area on Tuesday, March 8. Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Shawn Josephson says officers responded to the home Tuesday afternoon. He says details about the cause or circumstances of the 44-year-old's death were not immediately available. It wasn't immediately clear who owned the home or phoned police.

Starr was the original bassist for Alice in Chains, an iconic Seattle-based band that made its mark on the grunge scene of the early 1990s. He left the group in 1993. Josephson says Salt Lake City police arrested Starr last month on suspicion of possession of medications without a required prescription. Starr appeared on the third season of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew" in 2009.

Gerri

Gerri

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Jeff Conaway passed too - but that really isn't a surprise.

They say the current season will be the last for the show - Dr Drew is too busy with other things. Steven Adler is back and just as mentally messed up as ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users