Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Cirie Fields

HATE YOU FOR SCREWING OZZY OVER

HOPE YOU GET SCREW OVER TOO!!!

I was hoping I'm not the only one that can't stand Cirie. She has never won an immunity, she is not wanted by her tribe (loved how she was the last one and had to go to exile island), and she is nothing but a floater in both games she's played. I will be glad when she is finally booted.

Players like Cirie completely ruin what I love about Survivor. She doesn't even try to be a survivor, except for riding coat tails and manipulating. I don't think she gets anything out of the game. Like some people get that sense of personal satisfaction for achieving something they never thought they could. She doesn't care. She is more than happy to let someone else do the work, and to get everyone to do what she wants.

Exactly.

Guest nerorowan

When she was sent to exile island and talked about getting rid of Ozzy I turned to my daughter and said "Ozzy is going home tonight" She is a manipulator and a half. Having said that I hope she gets Parvati out next week!!

Eww and ick @ pavarti (or however her name is spelled). Can't stand her either.

I like Erik. He just seems like an overall nice guy. I didn't like Jason at first, but I'm starting to. I hope he learned to never trust ANYONE in that game, especially after what happened to Ozzie. I'm not impressed with any of the girls.

Like the other poster said....Survivor is about surviving. Most of them just ride coattails and do absolutely nothing. If left alone in the jungles, they would all die. Literally. That's what irks me most about this show. It isn't Survivor. It's who floats best.

What an entertaining episode tonight! I'm not overly fond of Cirie and am very disappointed that Ozzy went home tonight but totally disagree with labeling her a "floater"- especially after tonight! She has proved it over and over that she is one smart player. Using your brains is just as important as brawn in this game, maybe even more so. True, her cockiness at times can get very annoying (so did Ozzie's, for that matter) but I admire her gutsiness. She's playing the game to perfection right now and she deserves a little respect at least for that, in my book anyway. That being said, I don't believe she'll make it to the end because she'll have too big of a target on her back now. I'm rooting for Alexis, at this point.

I've been seeing a lot that Cirie is a 'floater'. What makes her a floater? I understand she has not won an 'idol'...i think, but not winning an idol makes one a floater?

She rides the 'coat-tails' of other players..does that make her a floater or just another survivor aligning herself with the 'right' crowd?

Hmmm for a floater...she pretty much got two biggest favorite of the game out...Yau and Ozzy

I am not a big fan of Cirie btw...I do find her a bit annoying. Perhaps I just don't understand what constitutes a 'floater'...I don't think she can swim...can she? :)

For me the problem isn't floating, it's literally doing nothing to help, relying on the do-ers to take care of her. (And then being critical of everyone else.) She's not the only one, of course.

I would hate to see her in the finals. But Cirie is playing her game well. And if they really are going for 'girl power', then she won't be the focus to get rid of for a long time. Unless someone really plays up the fact that she is well-liked, and they wouldn't want to go to the finals with her.

My memory is not that good --- but how many of the people on the jury would even know Cirie betrayed them?

Wow if I wasn't such an Ozzy fan I would like her.

I am not understanding the Cirie hate at all. Survivor is not about just winning challenges... It is Outlast, Outwit and Outplay. And at the moment Cirie is exceeding at all of those. Cirie is never going to win a physical challenge and she knows it. And if she gets everybody to do her dirty work for her....how is that a bad thing. And truth be told she has done her own dirty work. She got everybody to vote out Yau....and Joel and now Ozzy but lets face the facts folks....everybody wanted Ozzy gone so she really didnt have to do any major convincing. At this point I think this is Cirie's game and Parvati better watch her back because once the boys are gone, her days are numbered.

Crossing your fingers means nothing Cirie...

I have yet to see her do anything in camp or a challenge...

But thanks for helping to get rid of Ozzy!!

I loved the 'crossing fingers' thing! Wow-- flashback to grade school. It reminded me of the 'pinky swear' thing on Big Brother a few years back.

Funny thing was, the two who crossed their fingers didn't lie to Jason anyway. Uh oh -- they crossed their fingers while telling the truth -- now what will happen to them??? :lol::P:o

I remember in 2nd grade I had to apologize for a teacher over doing something bad... I crossed my fingers when apologizing, I was such a badass.

But yeah, really... crossing your fingers... come on. Grow up.

Can't stand her ever more now...... I bet she gets to the end, which in unfortunate.

If you think of Survivor as an auto race, you have the top cars gunning around the track at top speed. There's Ozzie in front, what a great driver, what skill, clearly the best racer on the track. Then you got Cirie cruising around the track in her Buick. She's not going fast. She's not a skilled driver. She just waits until one of the other racers try to pass her, then she drives them into the wall. If she does it enough, she will win the race.

That's why I can't stand her. She's not racing. She just looking for that opportunity to drive the other racers into the wall. What is everybody played the game the way she does? It would be boring. Why even have competitions?

I am so glad she had to go to exile. That's exactly how her team feels about her game.

I like how you put that Baron. I've missed so much of this season....finally got to see it last Thursday. I do think Cirie is a floater, and is sitting back waiting to drive someone into the wall. I don't hate her, but hope she doesn't go to the end. jmho!

:pixiedust:

But if the object of winning the race is to be the only car to cross the finish line then someone who is not a "skilled driver" in terms of speed and agility will have to rely on what abilities they DO have to try and win the race- in Cirie's case, craftiness and brain power.

She drove her "Buick" around the track in the same way the tortoise meandered down the road in his race with the hare. The Ozzie hare, on the other hand, zipped expertly around the course with total control and domination. He knew the course by heart, how to avoid all the bumps in the road, and even how to set traps along the way (fake II) to confuse other racers. Unfortunately, Ozzy the hare grew too confident in his racing abilities. He trusted that the other racers wouldn't dare try to take out such a skilled driver as himself- or at least they weren't smart enough to figure that he was the most dangerous driver in the race.

But along comes Cirie the tortoise-in her old Buick-all this time watching and calculating because, of course, she's going so slow that she has plenty of time to strategize and plot. As Ozzy zips around the curve at break-neck speed waving to all his admirers, she figures this is her one best chance to take out her biggest opponent...BAM! At that, as they say, is all she wrote.

So my question is- who really is the smarter, more skilled racer? The proud, professional driver who knows the course and exactly how to drive it, or the sluggish yet crafty driver who discovers the pro's weakness (ultra-confidence) and uses it against him to take him out of the race? Would it be the tortoise or the hare? ;)

Oh I give Cirie an ever so small nod for getting Ozzie out, however it doesn't take much brain power to see he needed to go. What I look at is the whole big picture. Would NASCAR make the money it does if they allowed Cirie in her Buick to wreck the other drivers? I am sure it would draw a crowd to see the carnage, but that kind of racing isnt as popular. People want to see skilled driving. They want to see Jason versus Ozzie, Joel vs James. But, it's not all about being good at the comps. Look at Yul from Ozzies' original season. He couldn't beat Ozzie in the comps, but he beat him in the end, and people liked him. He didn't sit around camp and whine.

Cirie's gameplay cheapens the game. If she won, it would leave a bad taste in my mouth. I'd rather see Fairplay win. She's not the worst Survivor, but I certainly wouldn't put her in the favorites catagory. Maybe she has a fan-base from the "She's just a normal everyday mom" crowd, but that aspect of the game just doesn't appeal to me.

The problem with Cirie is not really Cirie. The problem with the game is the game. In fact many RTV's suffer from it. That is, the game rewards players for doing nothing. Look at Sharon on BB. She says it each week. "I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut, and hope for the best." Hey, its a great strategy. It works. Don't get noticed, you don't get singled out. But, would BB be as popular as it is without the likes of Dr Will, Evel Dick, or Janelle? No way! If the show cast a bunch a Sharon clones, the season would end and that would be the end of BB. Cirie represents what is wrong with Survivor. All sports and games have rules. Some rules are to protect the players, some rules ensure fairplay, and some rules protect the integrity of the game. What if they allowed football players to carry knives? Well, after the bloody carnage, the game would change. It wouldn't be about athletics. You'd have a bunch of fat guys knifing each other. That's a little extreme, but you see the point. What if they added a rule that you had to win Individual Immunity at least once in order to be elidgible to win the game? Man, I'd love to see Cirie out there huffing it for II. You think she'd be so fast in letting the bucket tip for a cookie? Winning II is not so hard, even that skinny girl from Survivor China (Yana will tell me her name I am sure. ;) ) won. I know they wont get so drastic with the game. It is was it is, but that's why I and many others dislike Cirie.

Sorry, for the rant.

Cirie represents what is wrong with Survivor.

Bingo. And the rest of both your posts are spot on. Cirie is what is wrong, and those like her in ANY reality game show. Blech and ick.

LOL Barron you got me on this one... I will have to go back and see who she is LMAO...

ETA: I think you mean Courtney...

What great analogies. This is why I don't report for BB. You guys write well withhumor and good points. Thanks for the visual!!!!!

Spot on again Baron. I hope that she leaves soon, I can't stand the thought of her making it anywhere near top four.

Aesop 'might' be proud of Cirie the Tortoise...

Sorry, for the rant.

No problem-I enjoy a well-written rant!

I see your point but will respectfully continue to disagree that Cirie is what is wrong with the game. Although I definitely don't want her to win, I do think she is playing an intelligent game for the purpose of getting her self farther. I respect that. Survivor's theme is "outwit, outlast and outplay" and it doesn't have any instruction manual as to how that is to be done so each survivor makes up their own along the way. Cirie has her own methods to achieve the goal just as Ozzy had his and the rest of the survivors have theirs.

I personally love the different personalities and don't label any player a floater. I may disagree with their tactics (Fairplay is an excellent example) but in the end they do what they gotta do to get to that million dollars. It may end up biting them in the behind or it just may be what gets them to the finish line. Personally, I just find it very entertaining and much more interesting when blindsides, such as Ozzy's, happen. And although I like Ozzy (except for his rant at the end) and dislike Cirie, I will still defend her gameplay because she sticks to OOO theme, uses her brains- and it makes for great tv!

Sign in to follow this