Celebrity Ailments

salter-path

ap_100.jpg

Hospital News

'Deal or No Deal' Host Howie Mandel Hospitalized

howiemandel.jpg

'Deal or No Deal' Host Howie Mandel

TORONTO, Canada -- Howie Mandel has been hospitalized in Canada with an irregular heartbeat, his publicist said. Mandel was in Toronto taping his new show, "Howie Do It!" on Monday when he was taken to the hospital, said Lewis Kay, publicist for the 53-year-old comedian and game show host.

"Howie is in the hospital being monitored for an irregular heartbeat but doctors expect him to be released and back to work tomorrow," Kay said in a statement. "He did not have a heart attack."

Toronto police Staff Sgt. Devin Kealey told the Canadian Press that officers were called to a downtown hotel with a report of a man with a medical condition shortly after 7 p.m. Monday. Kealey confirmed the man was Mandel, and said he was conscious and breathing when officers arrived.

Family members went with him to St. Michael's Hospital, Kealey said. Mandel, who was born in Toronto, hosts the hour long NBC game show, "Deal or No Deal." His new hidden-camera prank show "Howie Do It!" premiered last week.

Update

Lewis Kay, a publicist for Howie Mandel says the 53-year-old comedian and game show host is out of the hospital and plans to return to work on Wednesday.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ap_100.jpg

Injury News

'Law & Order: SVU' Actress Mariska Hargitay Injured

by Natalie Finn

MariskaHargitay-39.jpg

'Law & Order: SVU' Actress Mariska Hargitay

LOS ANGELES, California -- A breath of fresh air is hard to come by in the "Special Victims Unit." Mariska Hargitay is on the mend after suffering a pneumothorax

• 8 months later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Conan O'Brien Hospitalized After Injury on Tonight Show Set

Sep 26, 2009 02:50 PM ET by Mickey O'Connor

Conan O'Brien was injured on the Tonight Show set Friday, and was brought to a hospital for examination.

O'Brien, 46, was hit on the head filming a stunt that was scheduled to air that night. Production on the show was halted and NBC ran a repeat Friday.

The comedian released a lighthearted statement acknowledging the incident. "Last thing I remember I was enjoying the play with Mrs. Lincoln, and the next thing I knew I was in bed being served cookies and juice," it reads.

An NBC spokesperson said, "Conan is resting comfortably at home. He is expected to return to work on Monday."

• 2 years later...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-rosie-odonnell-heart-attack,0,1852674.story

Rosie O'Donnell blogged some major gratitude Monday: The former daytime host revealed she suffered a heart attack last week.She is resting at home.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name