if anyone else has looked over the celebrity editions in the UK

there is one thing that is different from the normal edition of the show

the celebrity editions of the show last between 8 days and 26 days

celebrity UK 2001 - 8 days

celebrity UK 2002 - 10 days

celebrity UK 2005 - 18 days

celebrity UK 2006 - 23 days

celebrity UK 2007 - 26 days

which is not very much time at all. where would CBS start? 1 week? 4 weeks?

so a celebrity edition wouldn't be filling much of a gap

but a month long celebrity edition in january, february, or march might be exciting

which for me would be nice to hold me over until JULY when BB9 airs

BB8Addict makes a very valid point.

The longer they want to keep celebrities in the house, the shorter the list gets of quality people. Who wants to watch a bunch of washed up TV actors who all have been on the Love boat and Murder She Wrote (countless times). :animated_bouncy:

Uhhhh....Isn't there a show called "The Surreal Life" were has-been Celebs live together in a house???? I think Celeb BB would be too much like it. :animated_rotfl: Just sayin!

TCS wrote:

Uhhhh....Isn't there a show called "The Surreal Life" were has-been Celebs live together in a house???? I think Celeb BB would be too much like it.
:animated_rotfl:
Just sayin!

Damn..... I should have thought of that. That's pretty much what it would be. For some reason, I have never seen that show. Is it as good as Dancing with the Stars? :)

Damn..... I should have thought of that. That's pretty much what it would be. For some reason, I have never seen that show. Is it as good as Dancing with the Stars? :)

I have only watched bits and pieces of "The Surreal Life".....it was too horrible to watch! I watch Talk Soup on E' sometimes and they would sometimes show a silly clip from that show. Anyways......CelebBB would be a mess to watch......pleeeeese no Celebs....... :pray2: JMHO :pixiedust:

As popular as BB is.....I just don't think that they could get really good Celebs.

As popular as BB is.....I just don't think that they could get really good Celebs.

Exactly. They would get the no-name wanna-be celebrities who would be more involved with furthering their acting careers than actually playing the game. It would be no strategy, just a bunch of drama for no reason other than popularity. NO THANKS.

Just go back to casting 14 strangers and let them work it out.

Better yet, just pick me! :naughty:

I'd be cool with them doing a celebrity BB in the winter....then I wouldn't have to be sad about missing it. lol

BTW, I enjoyed some of the surreal lifes...thought it was hilarious to see former 'stars' and their drama and all...but it would be crap for BB

If Danny D, Screetch and Johnny Fairplay were locked in the house together, I'd watch. Talk about your trainwreck.

But would they have auditions for everyday people if they were going to have a celebrity edition?

I still say a child star BB would be great, though. Imagine the Brady's and the Partridge family, all together in the house. Jan stabbing Marcia in the back by teaming up with Danny. That would be reality t.v. gold.

Oh lord....no Screetch....that AH ruined Celeb Fit Club for me. Now Celeb Fit Club is a show I enjoy. (before Screetch).

If Screetch....was ever on BB.....I'd never ever watch it!!!!!! JMHO :pixiedust:

Francis wrote:

If Danny D, Screetch and Johnny Fairplay were locked in the house together, I'd watch. Talk about your trainwreck.

Not sure who is "Danny D" unless you are meant Danny Bonaduce. The idea of Screetch on any TV show gives me the shivers. :animated_bouncy:

well, even if they were going to have a celebrity edition

do you think that they want us to know?

absolutely not.

so they have those commercials so we don't think about it

or at least, that's what i would do if i were them

make people think that its going to be big brother 9

while actually working on celebrity big brother

wouldn't you do the same?

I think celeb BB would be stupid.I have no interest watching them.Plus if they did do one it wouldn't be any celebs that are popular today. So when it comes down to it wouldn't it be a lot like the sureal life ?

I would love to see plain old ppl not these model typed(okay maybe the guys could look like models..ha-ha).I don't want anyone to know a single person in the house. Like it use to be back in BB 1 2 3 4.Then 5 they started added ppl who knew each other.

I guess the difference for me about BB versus the Surreal Life is that the people in the BB have no contact with the outside world (well, supposedly) and they have to do the competitions.

I think it could be great fun, if they did a theme, as I said before. I could see them decorating the BB house all in 1970's stuff, with orange countertops in the kitchen, and bedrooms with the Brady girls' flowers all over the walls -- stuff like that. And maybe have a bunch of kids from the shows from the 70's and 80's. The Facts of Life girls, maybe, the Bradys, the Partridges.... It would be great, as long as it lasted more than a week. If it lasted less than a week, they'd probably still be on mostly good behavior with each other.

I think if BBUSA did Celeb BB it would be over a month or so - still with episodes three times a week but with a smaller cast (say 9) and evictions at least twice a week.

It could still be a possibility for a shorter summer season - I think having the finale of BB9 in May and then premiering BB10 just a few weeks later might be a bit too much, so perhaps instead of BB10 having a Celeb BB in August might work better.

It all depends on the strike I guess - will the second halve of the season be wiped off completely, or will episodes still be made once work resumes and be broadcast a couple of months late?

I suspect though if the strike is still running next Spring BB10 would be pushed back to the fall schedule (if successful).

I think if they did a celeb version of BB at some point, they would have to get rid of all of the down time the houseguests have. They'd have to have something going on most of the time, because I don't think the celebs would put up with that much boredom.

Archived