Sign in to follow this  
JEDI

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

sarahconorzv0.jpg

The Sarah Connor Chronicles

"The Sarah Connor Chronicles" has been renamed "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and will premiere at 8 p.m. Jan. 14 and run Monday night alongside "24." Preston Beckman, Fox scheduling chief, said: "We came around thinking this is a golden opportunity to make 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' part of the huge surge of excitement in January. Fortunately, Sunday night is doing fine with our animated comedies, so we could do that."
(Source: http://movieandtvnews.blogspot.com/2007/10...g-daisies.html)

At the end of Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Sarah vanquished the Terminator sent from the future to kill her teenage son, John. Sarah and John now find themselves alone in a very dangerous, complicated world. Fugitives from the law, they are confronted with the reality that still more enemies from the future, and the present, could attack at any moment.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles reveals what happens when SARAH (Lena Headey) stops running and goes on the offensive against an ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying her life, and perhaps the world. Her son, 15-year-old JOHN CONNOR (Thomas Dekker), knows that he may be the future savior of mankind, but is not yet ready to take on the mantle of leadership that he's told is his destiny. John finds himself inextricably drawn to CAMERON (Summer Glau), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school, who soon proves to be much more than his confidante - she assumes the role of Sarah and John's fearless protector. On their trail are not only threats from the future, but an intelligent and tough FBI agent, JAMES ELLISON (Richard T. Jones), who soon becomes a powerful ally.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles represents an exciting reinvention of the "Terminator" franchise, in which the strong and intrepid Sarah discovers that protecting her son and stopping the rise of the machines is more difficult than she had ever imagined.

(Source: http://www.movieweb.com/tv/news/57/24457.php)

The Pilot episode was "leaked" back in the summer, and you can find it for download on some Torrent sites.
On July 27th, 2007, the pilot for a new Fox television series, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, leaked onto the internet. And you can bet your pirate heart I sought it out immediately. I still had goosebumps an hour after my first viewing and I believe this is going to join the list of my favorite shows ever.

Taking place between the events of Terminator 2 and Terminator 3, the series will feature Sarah on the run with her son John as she tries to protect him so he can carry on the fight in the future.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, October 17, 2007 Contact: Tra-Mi Callahan
310-369-5712
tra-mi.callahan@fox.com
TAKE BACK THE FUTURE

"TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES"
PREMIERES MONDAY, JANUARY 14, ON FOX

Again facing relentless Terminators that will stop at nothing until John Connor, the future leader of the resistance, is eliminated, Sarah Connor stops running and starts fighting back against fate and the machines that are out for her son in the highly anticipated new series TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES premiering Monday, Jan. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Unfolding where the film "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" leaves off, TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES finds SARAH (Lena Headey) and her 15-year-old son JOHN CONNOR (Thomas Dekker) alone in a dangerous world. As fugitives from the law, they are confronted by the ever-evolving technological enemy bent on destroying their lives, and perhaps the world. Balancing his inevitable fate as the possible savior of mankind and his current life as an ordinary high school student, John must learn what it takes to become the future leader of the people's resistance. His only friend is CAMERON (Summer Glau), an enigmatic and otherworldly student at his high school who soon proves to be much more than his confidante

Can you tell yet that I'm excited?
Hmmm, not really :giggle:

The movies always scared me )(*&less! May go find the torrent and see what it's like :P

Jedi... 3 of those 4 thumbnails are straight-up disturbing. :lol: Gotta go tell my hubby about this series... sounds like something he'd like. :animated_scratchchin:

I got my hands on a copy of the pilot episode and watched it at some point before Christmas.

It was ok, but nothing really special.

Then again, it's hard to live up to a movie like Terminator 2.

Also, I do remember that there were a few really great moments.

One thing I really liked is that one of the stars of the show used to play the character of "River" in the short-lived (but most excellent) series "Firefly" and the movie "Serenity" (which wrapped up the series).

I'm not sure if they can keep this show interesting enough in the long run without quickly becoming formulaic.

But I'll probably watch anyway.

Two night series premiere starts Sunday January 13 at 8pm on FOX and continues Monday January 14. On FOX.

I also got my "hands" on a copy (cough cough). I only watched the first 10 mins. Being so desperate before Xmas for something to watch because all my shows are almost done for the year. I tried, really I did! It just didn

The name of the show is "The Sarah Conner Chronicles", so why are all of the previews about the kid and the fem-bot?

That girl from Serenity is pretty cute. I'll watch the show just for her.

I watched the first two episodes. They were pretty good. I have one question though. When John first meets the girl terminator at the school, she's acts like a normal teenager rolling her eyes and flipping her hair about. Once, we find out she's a terminator though, she completely changes into the deer caught in the headlights look. I thought that was kind odd. I guess it can be rationalized that her mission was to befriend John at first so she was using 100% of her CPU to keep up the deception. Once she went into guard mode, she's not so worried about appearances but staying alert.

JEM The horse lady wrote:

I tried, really I did! It just didn't keep my attention.

I tried too, but I found nothing compelling about it. I am not saying it was bad, just flat. I didn't find the two leads interesting to watch and maybe I found John Connor a bit too whinny\insecure for a leader of the future rebellion. Kids that later become great leaders may not be great leaders as young kids, but they exhibit qualities at times that demonstrate their potential. The actor playing John Connor doesn't project qualities that you can see future greatness. He's not a young Johny Depp that's for sure.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

by Robert Ivins

Episode recap: "Pilot"

Well I didnt expect Sarah to burn the guys house down.

by Robert Ivins

Episode recap: The Turk

"No one dies in vain."

I watched the first 3 I had dvr'd on Saturday and I loved it.

Anyone else?

by Robert Ivins

Episode recap: "Heavy Metal"

Courtesy of; TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

by Robert Ivins

Episode recap: "Dungeons and Dragons"

While Derek is being treated for the gunshot wound he sustained from the Terminator in the previous episode, we are presented with a serious of flashbacks (flashforwards?) of his experiences in the future that led up to his teleportation to this time period. During this series of flashbacks, we meet Derek's brother, Kyle (for the first time in the series); Derek, Kyle and crew are captured in a failed mission after witnessing Terminators and later Hunter Killers transporting what appear to be aircraft engines; after being held captive, they are mysteriously allowed to escape and discover that their base of operations was destroyed; it is revealed that future Andy Goode was in fact responsible for the creation of Skynet and Derek was the one responsible for present-day Andy's murder; and finally Derek and Cameron did meet in the future (following along so far? Whew!) Back in the present, Charlie finally finds out the 'truth' about Sarah, John and much to his chagrin, Cameron.

Commentary:

My goodness but what an interesting episode! Although not perfect, I've been waiting for an episode like this: action... or rather.. post-Judgment Day action, intriguing plot twists, and they actually dealt with some of my nitpicking from the previous episode.

Where to begin?

OK, first, Kyle Reese is introduced! Through the grapevine, I had heard that the character would be making appearance and I was really afraid that he'd show up as a new character.

by Robert Ivins

Episode recap: "The Demon Hand"

In an episode that is chock full of references to the previous films, the main theme appears to be nature and duality of good and evil or rather, the soulful, feeling human versus the heartless, cold machine, and how each can mimic the other but never can truly be the same.

Cameron acquires a police uniform and motorcycle, disables a portion of the city's power grid then uses the power outage and her disguise to easily enter the police station that is supposed to have the missing Terminator hand (from the episode,

by Robert Ivins

Episode recaps: "Vick's Chip" & "What He Beheld"

In the first part of the two-hour season finale, Cromartie goes from school to school, checking the records of new students searching for John Connor. Derek surprises the Connors and Cameron when he produces Vick's chip that Cameron has not destroyed, contrary to what she had told them in the past. In order to disprove his accusation of mistrust about her, Cameron works with John to pull data off the chip, including a visual record of the cyborg. As it turns out, Vick was married to Barbara Chamberlain, the City Manager for Los Angles who is responsible for creating the advanced traffic system (Automated Real Time Traffic Exchange or ARTTE) for the city. Cromartie's search leads him to John and Cameron's high-school; however Cameron is able to trick him into thinking John is not a student there. Still upset over Andy Goode's death, Sarah convinces the others to search for what they think is Barbara's body from evidence in Vick's visual record. When they discover the body, it's not Barbara's but rather a woman that was lobbying against the implementation of ARTTE. Vick and Skynet were extremely interested in keeping this woman on track as this program will eventually become the backbone of Skynet's infrastructure in the future. Realizing that ARTTE must be destroyed, Sarah and Derek break into the traffic computer's location and attempt to upload a virus that John created (instead of blowing up the place like Derek wants to do). The program is far too advanced for the virus and alarms sound forcing the two to flee. Cameron allows her chip to be removed and connected to the network, which finally brings it down. Two final reveals at the end of the episode are that Sarah knows that Derek killed Andy and Vick ends up killing Barbara after the program was completed.

The second part of the season finale begins with a flashback of a young Kyle and Derek playing ball as missiles fly above their heads

They heard you ART, here you go.....

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Sarah Connor Will Be Back... in August Marathon

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles by Isabella Vosmikova/FoxHearing about this made me melancholy for my childhood, when rerunning a TV show's entire previous season during the summer was the norm. (The kiddies reading this blog are going, "Ooh, tell us more stories, Grandpa!") Starting August 10 and airing Sunday through Wednesday at 9 pm/ET, Fox is airing every episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicle's first season.

If you need me to spell it out for you, I shall oblige:

Sunday, Aug. 10: "Pilot"

Monday, Aug. 11: "Gnothi Seauton"

Tuesday, Aug. 12: "The Turk"

Wednesday, Aug. 13: "Heavy Metal"

Sunday, Aug. 17: "Queen

In a somewhat surprising move, Fox has picked up "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" for a full season.

The network has ordered the back nine episodes of the show's second season from Warner Bros., sources say.

The sci-fi series has garnered a relatively modest rating on Monday nights this fall. Its most recent episode was seen by 5.7 million viewers, with a 2.3 adults 18-49 rating and a 6 share, tying NBC's "Chuck" in the 8 p.m. time period.

post-2-1224398982_thumb.jpg

Will get some clarity on this on Monday, but there's a few reasons why Fox might have moved forward with an order.

The network recently ordered two scripts of the show, so perhaps the stories came in strong. Midseason sci-fi drama "Dollhouse" might be another factor -- Fox's previously announced winter schedule pairs "Dollhouse" and "24" on Mondays and "American Idol" and "Fringe" on Tuesdays, without "Terminator" listed. So perhaps the network has a new scheduling configuration in mind to support its sci-fi efforts.

Yet another potential factor is that "Dollhouse" has had some creative struggles. Sources say the newer scripts are stronger than the first batch, but if there's any chance of the show being delayed Fox might have decided to keep "Terminator" in the mix.

One of the most likely reasons for a pickup, however, is simply that Fox executives like the show and the network's overall viewership levels jet up after the first of the year powered by "American Idol." They likely believe the series has a chance to improve.

Source: THRFeed.com

Thanks for the info morty. I love the whole concept of the storyline. I watch it every week. Good show.