Trying Out For Bb9

bb9hopeful

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this. Says that Tony Westbrook, 33, of AR, is on the show.

Anyone think that he won't be on now because of this?

http://www.foxreality.com/news.php?id=49215&type=news

Paper Trails 'BIG BROTHER' Invites First Arkansan

December 12, 2007

by Linda Caillouet Print This Page | Send to a Friend

ARKANSAS -- Word is Tony Westbrook of Benton will be among the housemates of the next season of CBS's reality show, Big Brother.

The new season - the show's first winter one - is to begin Tuesday, Feb. 12.

Westbrook will be one of 14 people who move into the house (on a Hollywood film stage) and attempt to avoid eviction for the next 80 days.

The goal? To make it to the final two, where the winner receives $500,000 and the runner up lands $50,000.

Back home in Arkansas, Westbrook, who is 33 and a Harmony Grove high school graduate (class of '92) works as a paraprofessional at Birchtree Community assisted-living facility.

Look for the prime-time show to air Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

lcaillouet@arkansasonline.com

SOURCE: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock)

:)

I haven't given up hope!

I still really want to be on the show... but I really think this season, what they're looking for is someone with a "dirty little secret," which I don't have.

At the casting call I went to, the final question I was asked was, "What's your biggest darkest secret you've never told a soul?" I remember thinking to myself that if I really had a secret that big and bad, and I hadn't told anyone, why on Earth would I tell these people. Anyways, I just said that I didn't have one, and that I'm an open and honest person when it comes to stuff like that.

So we'll see what kind of cast they have this season...

I want to go on when it is normal people!!!!

Thanks to all for the kind wishes! :)

You're right, BB9hopeful, it does sound like they are looking for people with big secrets in their lives. I hope that doesn't mean that they will put people who know about those secrets in the house with the people who have the secrets. :P

I don't think normal people are boring at all. I know quite a few normal people who are very entertaining and interesting. It would be great to have a house full of people who do NOT want to be actors or models. It would be great to see people from all over the U.S. (Truthfully, for once, instead of someone living in LA and saying that they are from Ohio or something, because they were born there).

Well piss. From Robyns myspace page

BB9 finalists....

Thanks, once again, to everyone who auditioned for BB9! We had a fantastic turn out and the decisions were tough.

This is to inform you that all BB9 finalists have been contacted already. If you did not receive a call remember.... just because you're not right for the mix this season doesn't mean you won't be right for the next season. Don't give up! Thanks for your support of the show!

Robyn

Rats, guess I will start working on my tape for BB10.

Terrell, Texas

Courtesy of: BUDDYCHAT

Big Brother 9: Finalists Chosen, End Date Rumors

Thursday, January 03, 2008

A message from Big Brother 9's casting director on her MySpace page has confirmed that the finalists for Big Brother 9 have indeed been chosen. That means if you've applied and were still holding onto hope that you'd be chosen, you're out of luck. Maybe next season. CBS has kept the details of Big Brother 9 quite secret. We still don't know how many contestants will be in the house, what (if any) twists there will be and, most interesting, the length of the season. There's a rumor out there that Big Brother 9 may only run for six weeks and, though the rumor is unsubstantiated, it made me think: Does CBS even have to schedule an end date for Big Brother 9?

Despite Big Brother being a staple of CBS summer broadcasting and owning a loyal legion of super fans, the series has been on the verge of cancellation more than once. The risk of producing a spring season is readily apparent. There will be much more difficult time slot competition in the spring, even with writers' strike going on. Also, there's the risk of overexposure. Will the super fans be able to stomach two Big Brother seasons almost right in a row? My gut says yes, though the real worry might be with the casual fan. Big Brother is a big time commitment for the viewer and two full seasons in a row could end up crippling the series, like what happened to shows like Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and The Apprentice.

I think it's quite likely that CBS is keeping their options open when it comes to the season length of Big Brother 9. If the show is only receiving middling ratings once it begins, they may want to turn it into an abbreviated six week mini-season that ends in late March, and give fans a few months off before the real season begins in Summer. If they allow themselves the option of keeping Big Brother 9 short, given the nature of Big Brother, CBS could easily extend the season to a full one if the ratings merit such a thing. Double elimination episodes, two eliminations in a week, having three finalists

• 3 weeks later...

Archived