Trying Out For Bb9

bb9hopeful

Is anyone trying out for BB9 this year????

I am, and hope I make it SO BAD!!!!

This topic is for those who have tried out in the past, have tried out already this season, plan to either try out in this season or others, or have ever sent in an application and tape to try out.

I will be attending the 2 Houston open casting calls both this weekend and next. I haven't heard much about it around here, so I'm hoping it will be a low turnout.

Wish me luck!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could look through some of our Archives.

The search function here is especially helpful.

A quick search turned up the following, just to begin with.

So Who Is All Trying Out For Big Brother 9?

Any Suggestions?, for my application video

Kelegyrl, Abbaholic, And Loudmouth, Any Word????, Just checking to see if anyone made it to the semis.

I am getting ideas together for a tape to send in. I dont want to take a chance of missing a deadline (that hasnt been posted) waiting for a local casting call.

Why does Houston have 2 CC?

Now to answer my own question.......From my understanding its strickly up to the local TV stations to put it on.

From what I read the casting call in Sherman, TX that I went to last year didnt have the turn out they were expecting, maybe 30 people, it lasted from 12-6 and by 1 they had already gone through 20, so they only had 10 over 5 hours. They didnt announce a Dallas casting call until almost the end of April near the end of the calls. I hope there is a local casting call but.......

Have y'all checked out my website lately?

Terrell Daily Photo

dont try out because i doubt bb actually ever cast folks who tryout

if you dont have agent you wont make it on bb

hey, why don't you tape yourself kicking a dog or bullying a small child. The producers seem to like that "type".

The process has to bee pretty damn hard. There are always 1-2 hg each season I wonder "How in hell did they get on the show?".

What a person can't control is balance\chemistry they are looking to create. I think Dick mumbled something on the feeds that he's had been in contact with the show for the past 3 years. They liked him a lot, but he didn't make into the house until this season. I also wondered if they wanted to do a Father-Daughter thing, and were waiting for Daneile to be old enough.

A person's odds are better if they are somekind of minority. Ie a gay guy who never shut shut. Being a gay black guy who never shut up will get you a least 1 call back. :)

Looking pretty good without your shirt helps.

Have the emotional response of 12-14 year old is good quality to have.

Love to gossip.

Likable personality.

Instantly feels comfortable on camera.

Have a serious personality flaw of somekind, but none would cause harm to others.

Not physically violent.

Extremely sociable.

Loves to talk, but also a good listener (Dick was very good at this one)

Not afraid to make a fool of yourself

Religious

UVP hit it square on the nose... I told yall before (and I got crapped on) ... noone is going to make it from here. If they plan to have a next season... they already know who they are going to pick or an idea.

Trust me people ... yallz are not gonna make it!!!

ok I'm ready!!!

I dont care if I dont have a snowballs chance! I do not care if the process is skewed! I do not care what anyone thinks! I will still apply!

I like to have fun! I like to be silly! I like to put my boot on someones neck when they are down!

What I hear from others is a bunch of blahblahblah

hopely you make it so we can discuss you :food-smiley-005::animated_bouncy:

Why does Houston have 2 CC?

I'm not sure why Houston has 2 casting calls. One is in downtown Houston though, and the other is in a town called "Katy" (about 20 miles west of Houston), and is actually where I live.

The one in downtown Houston is tonight, and I'm so nervous!! I've seen many different postings about what it's going to be like, and I just hope they give me a chance.

I do know that if you get picked to go through the audition practice and/or get picked to go on the show, you have to be COMPLETELY confidential about everything. If they find out that you told a whole bunch of people about you getting on the show, they can cut you right then and there. With that said, I will attach a picture to this post. :) And if you don't hear from me again on this thing, hopefully I'm going through the process. If you see me on the show, you'll know I was on here!!! If it goes miserably, I'll be back tomorrow. LOL.

post-16168-1195835072_thumb.jpg

Wish me luck.

Wish me luck.

OK good luck.

When I went to one last year they wanted everyone to have all forms filled out before going up to the table, the wanted the application and pictures attached with a paper clip. Very strict, but nice.

When you go in to make your tape, relax, try to see how others are reacting. You dont know if they are taping just your face or your entire body. I think body language is big.

Anyway, I didnt get any response from trying, so what do I know. This year its going to be a mail in application.

Here is my website.

dont try out because i doubt bb actually ever cast folks who tryout

if you dont have agent you wont make it on bb

hopely you make it so we can discuss you :food-smiley-005::animated_bouncy:

Wow! Talk about sending a mixed message!

lol as long its sent :animated_bouncy:

personally I would love to see someone from Morty's get on BB. Especially if we kinda knew them thru their posts, it would be a very interesting , hey I say good luck, you never know!!!!!

Good luck bb9hopeful......post us back and let us know how it went and what it was like. I agree with Fatcat that it would be cool if we had someone from Mortys that made it. ;)

Hey everyone.

I went to the casting call last night in Houston, and it was quite a trip. It was held in a warehouse above a small concert hall where they were holding a rock concert for about 4 different bands. It was very loud because of the music below, and very dark lit and kinda creepy.

The CC was scheduled from 7:00pm-10:00pm, and when I got there at around 5:30pm, there were only about 10 cars in the parking lot (for the concert and CC), so I left and got something to eat. I got back at 7:00pm and went and got in line. I was number 13, and as you can tell, there was not a huge turnout by any standards. All in all, there were probably only 25 applicants.

When they called my number, it was about 8:30pm. I went back and there were 3 women on couches with clipboards in their hands. I handed them my filled-out applications, along with my pictures we had to bring, and sat down. They asked me very vague questions such as "Why do you want to be on Big Brother?" and "What would your strategy be if you were selected?" Stuff like that. The whole thing lasted about 5 minutes, with only one lady asking the questions, and when it was over, she informed me that if I was selected, I'd receive a call within 7-10 days at the most. I thanked the three women, and left.

I'm not sure if I will get selected or not, but I sure hope so.

I will try and keep everyone posted as much as possible though! However, they did mention that if I did get picked to go through the whole process, that everything must remain confidential, meaning that I can't tell ANYONE. They said that I couldn't even tell my BOYFRIEND, who I live with! Who knows what I'll have to make up if it comes down to that. If I did get on the show, I'd have to send out some sort of shout out to all you faithful BB watchers. :)

Thanks for the info. bb9hopeful......if you can't tell us if you get chosen thats fine, don't risk getting cut. I know that Danni mentioned Mortys to Dick on the live feeds! Wishing you luck. I hope you make it. :)

Archived