Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfrider

Episode #10: Let Me Talk!

28 posts in this topic

Episode Detail: Let Me Talk! - Kid Nation

The town-council members are faced with a difficult decision regarding a reward challenge and it causes emotions to run high among the pioneers.

Ha!

Isn't it always?

But the way it was phrased, the "difficult decision" could be more about the challenge than the reward.

No idea.

The Town Council creates a game meant to improve communication and build respect, but gets heat from the Town for being disrespectful themselves. The Town Council responds by threatening to give the Gold Star to no one.

So do they make up their own challenge game? By the picture on the website it's something they do in the middle of town possibly involving being tied to a chair. They aren't wearing their challenge outfits in it either so it might be something else.

THE TOWN COUNCIL'S EFFORTS TO IMPROVE COMMUNICATION AND RESPECT IN BONZANA CITY BACKFIRE, ON "KID NATION," WEDNESDAY, NOV. 21

"Let Me Talk!" - When the Town Council's efforts to improve communication and respect in Bonanza City backfire, one Pioneer is given an ultimatum, another makes the Town an offer that could affect his future there, and the Council issues a threat about the Gold Star, on KID NATION, Wednesday, Nov. 21 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The Pioneers are: Alex, Anjay, Blaine, Brett, Campbell, Colton, Divad, DK, Emilie, Eric, Gianna, Greg, Guylan, Hunter, Jared, Jasmine, Kelsey, Kennedy, Laurel, Leila, Madison, Maggie, Mallory, Markelle, Michael, Migle, Mike, Morgan, Natasha, Nathan, Olivia, Pharaoh, Randi, Savannah, Sophia, Sophie, Taylor and Zach.

RATING: To Be Announced

'The Town Council creates a game meant to improve communication and build respect, but gets heat from the Town for being disrespectful themselves. The Town Council responds by threatening to give the Gold Star to no one. Meanwhile Greg and Blaine spy on the Green District bashing them, and they are not pleased with what they hear. After a series of confrontations, Greg makes the Town an offer--if more than half the Town wants him to go home, he will pack up and leave Bonanza forever. The Town Council issues Taylor an ultimatum: work or don

Thoughts on tonight's show.

Greg is really a loose cannon. You don't know when he's gonna go off on you, but in the end he always does the right thing. Giving the star to Laurel and letting Taylor have her letter are two examples.

Laurel deserved the star for her good leadership on the council. I still think it went to her head and she needed to get off. The problem with green district is all her fault. It's supposed to be a town, not every district for themsleves.

So we see Taylor hasn't changed much. There's still time, but the preview shows next week she's still doing the same stuff. When she started crying about her friend, I admit I melted. I have a daughter her age and I just can't help feeling bad for her. I'm glad they gave her the letter.

Just once I want to see the council choose the "cool" prize. Yeah, the letters were nice, but they only give instant gratification. With 10 days left, the kids will see their parents soon. The ponies would have been a blast seeing the kids ride them.

The language in town has gotten worse. Blaine said "What the F*** is a phonograph?" and Greg was cussing the green team out in the center of town. Also, the older boys catcalling to some of the girls wasn't really appropriate for family TV. Just my opinion.

Thank goodness Guylan stepped down. He really didn't belong there. I still felt bad for Anjay, and why was Olivia complaining so much about Greg. That's what she wanted right? Anjay off and Greg in his place?

Yeah, Greg is a hothead, for sure. Not sure how well he's going to do on the council, but it should be interesting to find out.

After watching this council I kind of wish Greg hadn't won. Not because I think he's so bad, but because Blaine tends to slip back into his old "shadow" self with Greg. He needs to step it up like he did last week and I didn't see as much of that tonight.

DK really disappointed me. Instead of being the level head he was with Taylor and everything going on a couple weeks ago, he turned into a Greg shadow too. I was very disappointed that he just immediately went along with the sit in the center of town catcalling thing, and that he was so vocally nasty to green. Yes, they deserved it to a degree. That district is ALL about green, and the town definitely comes second. However, I expected DK to go to them and talk to them instead of doing what he did.

Laurel is realizing now, I think, the nasty elitist attitude she allowed to fester and grow in her district. It was great when she had the "eureka" moment and realized that this is a town, not just her district. I'm glad she said it out loud to Sophia and the rest.

Worried about Michael. Yes, he should have spoken up and I hoped he would. However, now I'm beginning to think that as a mediator he may be a little too pliable. He could very easily turn into Sophia's puppet ruler and I'm not sure that would be a good thing the way she's been acting lately. Yeah, she still works hard, but she's definitely got a power trip elitist vibe building and that saddens me.

I'm very glad they didn't withhold Taylor's letter. That would have been too much. Even though it would be hard to do, I can understand the withholding of playing with the ponies for a week or something. The letter from home? No.

The more I thought about Guylan since last episode the more I realized he was going to step down and give it to DK. Then of course he did. No big surprise.

Glad Laurel got the star, even though she's been power tripping lately. She's still done more than enough in BC overall and deserved the star.

Greg does need to learn to respect before he can teach it, I agree with the town on that.

Agree completely Baron, the catcalling thing by the older boys was inappropriate. It kind of creeped me out.

Nice to see a whole new council. Not sure about it being all older (or oldest) boys in town.

Just once I want to see the council choose the "cool" prize. Yeah, the letters were nice, but they only give instant gratification. With 10 days left, the kids will see their parents soon. The ponies would have been a blast seeing the kids ride them.

See, I actually saw it the other way around. When they mentioned that they would see parents in 10 days... I immediately thought well, they did w/o the horses to carry water for this long, no sense in getting them now. I say that because being someone who has been in the military and gone through basic training.... there was NOTHING that could top a letter even if it was received THE DAY OF your parents/husband coming to see you graduate. A feeling EVERYONE had/got ...not just a few. While they're not in boot camp, they're a lot younger, and I imagine just about all of them have never been away this long. Letters that say "nothing" mean the world and last a lot more than the seconds it takes to read it. :)

I also thought Laurel deserved the star. Despite her getting aggravated tonight and giving attitude, I felt it was a normal feeling to have esp. when she felt she had been working so hard/doing her best yet her peers chose someone else. I really like her and think she has a long list of amazing qualities. I still remember when she was mom to many of the kids there when they first got there.

Surprisingly, I have nothing else to say.

Greg showed why he shouldn't have been on the council. I thought it was funny how Blaine and DK were getting onto him for the way he was treating people when they were doing the exact same thing.

I'm so glad Laurel got the star. She's been the best leader the town had this whole time. The council they have now is the worst thing for the town.

Taylor. What is there to say that hasn't been said a thousand times? Her crying routine is how she takes people criticizing her. She never wanted to go home. Last time she threatened to leave was more believable.

I'm starting to get worried that some of the kids are never going to be shown as anything but a person in the background. There are plenty of kids that have never even been shown talking on camera.

Sophia should be on the council, but is smart enough to not want to be. She would come off as bossy(which she kinda is), and she knows it. There is a reason why every council member has come off looking bad. I would love to see her unedited reaction to Greg and his buddies "flattering" her.

I'm starting to get worried that some of the kids are never going to be shown as anything but a person in the background. There are plenty of kids that have never even been shown talking on camera.

I agree 100%....I noticed a girl and a couple of others that I'd never seen before....I'm going to look them up on the cast sight......brb.

Natasha....has she ever said anything???? Campbell.....how about him???? If they have spoken to the camera it was very brief.

They are still editing some of the kids having to be beeeped. I'm looking forward to seeing how this show is going to end. I still hope it ends on a positive note.

JMHO :pixiedust: and I value yours

Yeah, it was an OK show. I give a 7 out of 10. I might have given it an 8 if they showed Taylor a bit more. :cheshire:

I'll take Greg ANY day over mini Diva. She's going to be a tyrant by the time she's his age. Greg's got a good heart. He's going to outgrow quickly his oneriness (hopefully not completely) and be a solid man. There's not one person here that hasn't had their temper flare. He's willing to listen & accept the possibility of changing his bullying. Lil Miss Diva's problems encompass every aspect of her personality. Good luck with changing THAT.

Good post FLYNWA, I agree with alot of what you say! ;)

Maybe I haven't been watching the show as attentively as I thought.

Can anyone tell me if this was the first time the council hasn't gone to read the old Pioneer Journal together?

You are correct ....it was the first time they did not go and read the pioneer journal.

I guess they thought they didnt need it with all the hoopla about respect.

They didn't show the journal, but I got the feeling that the "Respect Game" came from the producers......what kid would come up with that and use it on the other kids......just sayin. JMHO :pixiedust:

I agree TCS. Someone said they did the game at school or something though. I think the journal might have suggested to take control and one of the kids remembered the "respect game."

Someone said they did the game at school or something though. I think the journal might have suggested to take control and one of the kids remembered the "respect game."

Now that you mention it I think one of the kids did say something about it in school. I also think it was suggested to them do something too. ;) And....I really think the whole thing back fired on them......the kids were bored, and just wanted to get the the "game" over with. There was still no respect later at the Town Hall Meeting. JMHO :pixiedust:

Yeah Baron, they sort of ended the game with someone asking to go "pee". I felt like this episode was kind of poorly put together....like it was re-edited or something. JMHO :pixiedust:

I was happy that they picked the letters from home and everyone got a letter.

I wondered why some of the kids didn't just get up and leave during the respect game. They can't force them to stay. I figured Taylor or Sophia would. They seem to be the only ones willing to stand up to the council.