Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Guiding Light

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
[size=18]On Down The Road

Spring Spoilers: There are rumors that another long-missing offspring of a current Springfield family will make a return to the show. No one is confirming if that is true, and who it would be (some rumors are that the show is set to recast Alan Michael).

Rumors also persist that Phillip is not really dead, and will appear during May sweeps. Obviously the show will not comment on that rumor as well. Grant Aleksander (Phillip) was nominated last week for an Emmy for his work last year on the show. This year's ceremony will be broadcast live on CBS on Friday, May 20th from New York City's Radio City Music Hall from 9:00-11:00pm (ET).

After her trial is over, Harley's life will have many changes. The Cooper and Spaulding family will be battling more than ever and Lizzie is also caught in the middle. Will her love of power ruin any chances she has with Coop?

Bill and Olivia's relationship will also be affected by Liv's actions at the trial. And her deal with Alan to sell the Lewis Construction building might be a deal-breaker for their relationship as well.

Now that Cassie knows of Edmund's evil ways, she looks for a shoulder to cry on. Of course, since he was directly involved (and is a dead ringer for her late husband Richard) Jeffrey will be comforting each other in the coming months. But what will Dinah's plan to have Edmund and Cassie's child mean for all involved? March 25th is a day to watch that storyline.

Tony and Michelle and Danny and Marina continue their relationships, but something changes that will affect them all. Look for big changes March 31st and April 1st for this story line. Remember that Tony will be leaving Springfield this spring as Stephen Martines (Tony) has already given notice. And Nancy St. Alban is due to give birth in May, so she will be out about 6 weeks during the spring and summer.

Holly and Sebastian keep doing their dance. Will they end up together? Is Sebastian really a new person? Look for their relationship to heat up on March 21st.

[size=18]Cast News
Guiding Light has again tapped into its lengthy history to bring back a character from the show's past. This time around, though, the character will not be played by the actor that made the character famous. Newcomer Robert Bogue will join the cast next month in the contract role of A.C. Mallet, a character last seen back in 1993.

The return of A.C. Mallet is just the latest is a string of returns by established characters. Last year, Gina Tognoni was brought about as Dinah Marler. Earlier this year, Kurt McKinney reprised his role as Matt Reardon

Guest_XandraSkye_*

Guest_XandraSkye_*
  • Guests
Who watches this soap?

Guest_conniejoe_*

Guest_conniejoe_*
  • Guests
I watch GL, Skye!

I'm glad they're bringing back A.C. And if they bring back Alan Michael, things will REALLY get interesting.

I am one of those who think Phillip is not dead. It seems like just the sort of sick, convoluted thing he's do to punish everyone.

Guest_conniejoe_*

Guest_conniejoe_*
  • Guests
I'm so sick of Cassie that I could puke! Every once in a while the soap opera writers on any given show get the bright idea that they need to bring a cryer on....someone who can tear up, whine, blubber, wail and on and on and on.

"Oh, whoa is me....I'm a victim....I can't make a decision....Handle me w/ kid gloves because I've had such a rough time...." WAA--WAA--Call a WAAmbulance, already!

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
Emmy Winner Linda Dano Joins GL

LINDA DANO joins Guiding Light beginning Friday April 15. One of television's most beloved daytime stars, Dano will portray the character of Lena Kendall, a jailed murderess who shares a cell will Harley Cooper (BETH EHLERS), who was recently convicted in the murder of her ex-husband Phillip Spaulding (GRANT ALEKSANDER). During their time together in prison, it is revealed that Lena has been working with someone in Springfield who wants to keep an eye on Harley.

Dano, best known to daytime audiences for her role as Felicia on Another World, won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in 1993 for this role. From 1999-2004 Dano made television history by playing the same character, Dr. Rae Cummings, simultaneously on All My Children, General Hospital and One Life to Live. In addition to her role on Guiding Light, Dano will also appear in her first musical, Mame, at the Bucks County Playhouse in Philadelphia.

Dano was the host of the talk show Attitudes for six years and more recently the co-host of the weekly lifestyles show, Lifetime Now! Her feature film credits include Hello, Dolly!, The Boston Strangler, Wishbone Cutter and Star. She has also guest starred in numerous television series, including Homicide: Life on the Street, The Rockford Files, Police Woman, Barney Miller and Starsky and Hutch.

A designer and author, Dano is the President of "Strictly Personal," a New York based fashion consulting business. Books by Dano include Looking Great...It Doesn't Have To Hurt and Living Great. Her monthly "Fashion File" features appear monthly in Soap Opera Digest.

Casting Notes
SIDNE ANDERSON appears as Greta, a prison inmate who has it in for Harley on Monday, April 18.

CANDY BUCKLEY plays Blanche, a nosey woman who gives Michelle and Danny something to think about on Wednesday, April 20.

GUY BOYD portrays Judge Jones who creates drama for Michelle and Danny in Vegas on Wednesday, April 20.

ROBERT BOGUE joins the cast of Guiding Light in the role of A.C. Mallet, Harley's ex-husband who has found a way back into her life. Robert's first airdate is Friday, April 15.

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
Phillips killer will be revealed this week as Alan holds a party in honor of Phillip. A blackout scatters the guest and a mysterious figures tries on a pair of bloody gloves. The killer is.......

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
And..the killer is......Alan Spaulding!

other news....

'The Amazing Race'winners , Uchenna and Joyce Agu will appear as themselves on 'Guiding Light.' on June 15.

Kim Zimmer has been fired due to massive budget cuts by P&G. Look for more major players to be cut from all P&G soaps.

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
There is a very nasty rumour going around the Soap Boards on the net that P&G is going to cancel GL as well as cut budgets on all their soaps due to ratings declining. O I am so depresed!

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
that rumour flies around all the time Salter ... let's hope they can keep it together! :wink:

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
QUOTE(ranster627)
that rumour flies around all the time Salter ... let's hope they can keep it together! :wink:
I think theres a little truth in it this time around. The neilsens were awful this period. And all the sites are agreeing..things are about to happen. P&G 1st quarter profits were way down..bad sign cry.gif

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE
[quote=PREVIEWS][size=9]That evil Edmund issues Cassie a stunning ultimatum. Harley is majorly distressed when Mallet comes between her and Gus. Jonathan learns Dinah has a juicy secret. The scheming vixen purchases his silence using some spicy bait. Meanwhile, Reva receives some very unsettling news about Jonathan's father. Is the "Slut of Springfield" finally gonna suss out who her nasty new pal Nate really is?

Friday, June 24, 2005

Edmund finds Cassie at Jeffrey's place and claims she's only interested in the D.A. because he looks like her late husband Richard. Cassie is outraged by his declaration and when he claims that Jeffrey isn't fit to shine Richard's shoes, she slaps him. Later, Cassie accidentally calls Jeffrey "Richard." At the bar Nate explains to Reva that Josh flew to Cross Creek and smiles when she realizes he wanted to get her alone. He pleads with her to sleep with him just one night and she responds to his kisses until she pulls back and runs out, telling Nate that she loves Josh. Jonathan arrives in time to hear Nate vowing to teach her a lesson. Worried he may beat her, Jonathan punches his father just as Reva returns. She stands up for Nate which causes Jonathan to tell her to cheat on Josh. Nate smirks as the two exchange vicious words until Jonathan pulls out a knife and threatens Reva. Boasting that his lawyers pulled some strings to get the charges dropped on a technicality, Alan offers Mallet a chance for freedom if he'll help him track Harley down in New York City but Mallet refuses. Seeing Gus on "Light of Love," Alan makes a call. Thanks to Sebastian, Harley and Gus find Wallace dead in his hospital bed but fail to find the note he wrote Gus.

salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts
OMG! Alan Michael is back! He isn't dead! Alan had him committed and he has been hidden away in a psych hospital! WOW.. He is Baccccck!

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV TALK: Soap News

[size=18]HE'S BACK! (SORT OF)

Last fall, Guiding Light star Grant Aleksander left the CBS sudser when his millionaire-gone-mad character, Phillip Spaulding, was gunned down. That led to the trial and incarceration of his ex-wife, Harley (Beth Ehlers), who busted out of the slammer to prove she was framed by the real shooter, Phillip's adoptive father, Alan (Ron Raines). As GL aficionados have long suspected, Harley's hell was all for nothing because Phillip turns up alive at the end of today's episode! Sadly, however, this does not mean Aleksander is rejoining the cast.

"When we wrote Phillip's death almost a year ago, we had always conceived that Alan was the shooter and Phillip was alive," GL executive producer Ellen Wheeler tells TVGuide.com. "We also knew we were running a risk that, possibly, we wouldn't be able to get Grant Aleksander back. We certainly hoped that it would work out for Grant and for us that, when the time came, he would be available. He's a terrific actor. We have voiced interest in having Grant back, and he's said, 'That's not the right thing for me at this time.'"

That forced GL to go to Plan B. (And no, it's not a plastic-surgery recast scenario.) "Right before Phillip got shot last year, [headwriter] Dave Kreizman and I planned a fantasy scene for Alan, where he imagines saving Phillip. This [so-called fantasy] was, in actuality, a scene we planned to use at a much later date," she says. "We never aired it and kept it secretly in the can until we might need it. And we did indeed need it!"

Speaking of secrets, how'd they manage to keep this one under wraps? "At the time we shot that scene, we didn't tell anyone [about our contingency plan]," Wheeler responds. "Not the directors. Not the actors. Not even the people who wrote the scene [according to our instructions] as a fantasy. Truly, no one knew."

Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests
FROM TV GUIDE: Soap News

PASSAGE TO INDIA

Hurrah! In September, Guiding Light is bringing back Babylon 5 star Mary Kay Adams, who was always such splendid fun as Phillip Spaulding's Eurotrashy ex-wife, India von Halkein. The gold-digging daughter of an obscure Andorran baron, India joined Spaulding Enterprises' board of directors in the '90s after finessing Phillip out of "enough stock to make Alexandra nervous." That bit of history is enough to add fuel to juicy rumors that India will participate in upcoming Spaulding corporate intrigue.

Guest_giggles4U_*

Guest_giggles4U_*
  • Guests
I had heard of this site from a couple of very sweet friends of mine. After visiting a few times, I decided "what the hech"...just join in! :)

Someone asked a few post up, does anyone "watch" this show.
Yes! I do. I schedule as much of my daytime around this one show! Of course, I have not been keeping up with The Guiding Light lately because Phillip was killed[?]. That made me mad to no end that I swore I would never watch it again!

But, yes! I do watch this show and I have enjoyed reading these few posts! Keep'em coming!

Now...if I could just find the Hulk Knows Best thread? :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users