Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

So Who Will Watch Kid Nation 2?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: So Who Will Watch Kid Nation 2? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Has the first Kid nation hooked you? Will you watch KN2?

1. Definitely (19 votes [76.00%])

Percentage of vote: 76.00%

2. No Way! (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. I want to see how this one ends. (4 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Baron

Baron

• Pip
  • 1,163 posts
We are halfway through the first season of Kid Nation. The show isn't what I expected, but I watch it every week with my family. There are rumors that season 2 is in the works. So will you watch?

spacecadet

spacecadet

• Pip
  • 418 posts
I didn't think I was going to like this show at all, but these kids really are endearing and fun to watch. And since I am a reality TV junkie with no cable TV, sign me up for my next dose, thank you. smile.gif

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
If it ends as I expect by portraying kids as being more good than bad, having learned important life lessons\values, then I will watch the next season. If they decide to leaving some kids hanging as rotten, or quitters, or lazy, or any other negative qualities, then I will consider the show a failure, and not worth watching.

My confidence level is pretty damn near 100% that the intent of this show is about success, not failure, and all the kids will be perceived as winners in final episodes; several being shown as having over come some kind of adversity to become a better person.

Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts
How this ends won't effect if I'll watch it another season. The ending doesn't matter to me. ...just as long as I'm entertained. It drags and can be boring, but its still better than anything else I want to watch in this time slot. So, if that's the case next season and the rest of the house is interested then we'll watch. They'll have to add more twists or drama to keep it alive.

TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts
I think I'd watch another season. It's better than I thought it would be. I love ALL the kids! I don't have any children to watch the show with me, but I'm glad that there is something suitable for kids to watch on a prime-time slot. Unless you have cable.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
TCSLUVSTV, but you have three cats. That counts for something. Pets are kids that never grow up. animated_bouncy.gif

FLYNWA

FLYNWA

• Pip
  • 725 posts
I find this show very interesting.

It shows a great display of perseverance!
It has shown how people of various backgrounds.races.religious beliefs can work together in making a community.
If we look around at today’s modern Bonanza Cities we see what has made our nation so great. When it comes down to it we are all working for the good of man and that is reflected in this show.

Not everyone is perfect little angels well I got news for everyone there are not angels out in the real world either.

I also like the fact that they always choose what is best for the community when they win their challenges.

So will i be watching KN2 you betcha!

Port

Port

• Pip
  • 170 posts
Absolutely I'll be watching. I enjoy the show and the fact that it's family friendly and I can discuss it with the kids I mentor and my neices/nephews. I'll be doing my student teaching internship next fall so I can discuss it with my class then. In all fairness though, I'd watch even if I didn't work with kids. I like reality shows and having one that's not full of vulgarity and nastiness is excellent. It also fits my schedule since I didn't watch television on Wednesdays and can easily fit in an hour on that night. (especially since the new "Bionic Woman" sucked so bad and held my attention for not even 1/4 of the first episode and I still tried to stick with it for 3 more episodes before realizing I couldn't care less about any of the characters)

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,812 posts
If there is ever a Kid Nation 2, of course I'll watch it.
For me, the best part of the show was seeing kids who made me feel that there is indeed hope that the next generation will be able to cope with life's demands. I'm not saying that these particular kids will end up leading us all, but certainly if these are some of our best and brightest, there must be others.

I was reading a news story about another upcoming reality TV show called Baby Borrowers, when I came across a little Kid Nation mention which leads me to believe that if ever there will be a Kid Nation 2, it will not be filmed in New Mexico. Possibly Idaho, though! LOL

Idaho, like New Mexico, has a set of lenient child labor laws that provide an exemption for entertainment programs. After Kid Nation was filmed, legislators in New Mexico clamped down on the exemption.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Any news on Kid "Fast Food" Nation? II animated_bouncy.gif

Where a bunch of kids age 8 - 15 are so fat from eating fast food that Bob and Gillian become camp counsolers forcing kids to loose 100+lbs each to prove that they can loose just as much weight as adults.

Seriously, any news if there will be a Kid Nation II?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users