Strategies (Ideas and Discussion)

CasperSabe

What components do you think are necessary to be an effective BB contestant? What stratagey do you think you'd use .. here are the stratagies that I've witnessed .. which one do you think you'd use?

Looking at past winners .. here are the ones that I've found:

Scheeming, Crying, Begging, Plotting, Cooking, and wielding a mean electric razor -- Nicole

Being the most hated man in the house -- and telling everyone, no one will vote for you -- Will Season 2

Picking just one alliance to be true to, flying under the radar -- Danielle

Being friendly and sweet with everybody .. having a cuddle buddy in the popular click -- when he's evicted immediately getting your head back into the game .. allowing other people to always be a bigger threat .. being selfless/giving up a call so other people aren't deprived... Lisa

Never making any real alliances -- being a floater -- Jun

Never making any true alliances -- being a floater -- using sex appeal, and crying to win -- Allison

Pick one alliance and be true to it -- unknowingly be the one to go to the end with because everyone thinks no one will vote for you .. flying under the radar / seeming uninteligent -- cowboy

Being nice to everyone .. having one main alliance -- but getting out / switching teams when it seems most appropriate .. having a cuddle buddy you let do your dirty work .. and then ditching her at the end -- Drew

Guest ranster627

I would not go "into the house" with a strategy, but would read the climate and personalities when I got there ...

In the end, I would use all of the above, and anything else it took to win ... because that would be my only goal, to win!

I would not be thinking about who else deserved it, because if I went in, then obviously I would feel I deserved it ...

One thing though, I would not lie about myself to win ... I hate pity and that would be my downfall, I could not use the "pity" card!

Good post, D. I'm with ranster. I don't think that I'd go in with a strategy. More than likely, I think I would end up being a floater, which probably is not the best strategy even though it took Jun very far. Also, I'd be one of those people that everyone would be saying "what's wrong with her? She's not playing the game." I'd be in there just having a good ol' time and if I win, yay for me. LOL...sad, huh?

Of the strategies that you posted, Will Season 2 is my favorite. I'll never forget screaming at my tv at him. Loved to hate that guy. He was very entertaining to watch! I was in such disbelief that he won.

well since I am considered by many to be a ' female-dog' (HA) I would play like Ali...YAY.... I know no surprise there...HA!

Guest Numfar
I would not go "into the house" with a strategy, but would read the climate and personalities when I got there ... 

In the end, I would use all of the above, and anything else it took to win ... because that would be my only goal, to win!

I would not be thinking about who else deserved it, because if I went in, then obviously I would feel I deserved it ...

One thing though, I would not lie about myself to win ... I hate pity and that would be my downfall, I could not use the "pity" card!

I agree with everything here. Even the not lying part - but only b/c of the danger of getting crossed up later in the game. Just go in, read the crowd, and determine the best strategy for the moment. In a lot of ways, that's sort of what Jun did, though she didn't really have to side with anyone til near the end of the mid-game. Before that, keeping your head down, doing work, laughing with folks, and just generally not being a threat seems the best early-game strategy.

In my head of course I would be the ultimate contestant .. liked by everyone, etc .. unfortunately in social situatiosn people to tend to treat me a lot like cowboy .. my brain tends to work faster than my mouth and everything comes out jumbled .. heh .. I am a much better writer than speaker.

I get teased a lot. I just have that personaility that lends itself to being fodder for bullies.

Guest ranster627

Me, I would be booted week 1 ... I would never survive in there, as much as I would like to think I could ...

I do however make a great armchair critic! :wink:

Aren't we all, randster?

I always forgive all the house guests for their bad traits .. lol last year .. I really liked Scott even though he was arrogant, and said 'by the angel on my back' way too much .. lol I still wanted him in the house.

I would have a lot of trouble picking alliances .. you'd see me being a mingler .. but not on purpose lol .. I'd always want to save everybody from the block lol

I would do one of two things. I would either be too worried about being social and hanging out to focus on the game, thus being useless. Or I would stand up for what I believe and get kicked out quickly. But I'd have fun either way. :D

Tae create an edgy unstable environment by stealthily and carefully cultivating rumors & causing things to happen or go awry...then quietly blame others.......... 8) If I were voted out...at least I had fun!

Guest Numfar

One good strategy for people with a good bit of knowledge might be to dazzle others with how much you know about geology and Shakespeare and cooking, then constantly correct others when they make factual errors...erm, wait, I guess that didn't work for Roddy. ;)

If I were chosen as a bb6 contestant, I would bring as my luxury item, my $500 Townecraft Electric Skillet. Once there I would use that to cook some excellent food for everyone, including 12 minute pizzas, and then they would not want to vote me off since the skillet would leave with me.

Guest ranster627

12 minutes pizza's sound great pathiggins, but I would have to vote you out because I like my pizza in 10 minutes! :wink:

I still think until you meet the personalities involved and see the group dynamics, very few pre-planned strategies could hold ... I guess the main preparation for me would be to say to my friends and family, remember that whatever I do I am in a "game show" to win, and I intend to play it all as a game and not get sucked in to the real life aspects ... for me it would be like a summer long acting job trying to make my character appeal to all but not get too noticed! :wink:

I'm with dietekocgirl, i would think that i was the ulitmate contestant but iam probably not. I think I would have a strategy going in, like find a person that I like and would want to take to the end and see if I could maybe get an alliance going! And I would see things as I call it, if i caught someone in a lie, i would call them in front of the house! People would hate me... muahahhaha! I would be in major game mode. I would be there to have fun to but in the end it is a game, and would do pretty much anything to win. I think I would be the Jase of the house without the whole wannabe actor vibe! And America would love me! :D yeah right!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

• 3 weeks later...

IF you were on this season or starting on any season what would be your strategic plan?

Personally mine for this season would be

1. Go in with a new identity besides my name. Instead of living or born in Iowa I would say Illinois or some other state and 1 that I am familiar with for example Chicago.

2. 1st day recon everyone good play it smooth but pick up any little thing. I would have a alliance by the night. Pick who you think are going to be the strong people alliance when them and create another alliance with 1 or 2 other players as ur core alliance to get to the end.

3. Throw the 1st week HOH and other comps besides Luxory of course lol. After 1st week is when you wanna start playing harder because in that 1st week that HOH is the target and who wins POV.

What are your thoughts suggestions or plans???

Its very hard for me to come up with a strategy without knowing the other houseguests. I guess i would wait for a while, just observe the others and then slowly start to play the game. I would probably modify my strategy a couple of times though.

Nooooooo,El Paso.Was JUST in Amarillo twice 3 weeks ago though.And nope,I didn't eat a famous 72 ounce steak with trimmings. 8)

Ok .. who could switch from the main alliance to kaysar and Janelle's side once Michael is gone?

I say -- Howie and rachel possibly .. and possibly James and Sarah ..

If Kaysar and Michael were thinking, they'd try to work April .. about Janelle .. get them to decide to vote Janelle instead of Michael .. saying she was the mastermind, etc ..

It would keep them in the game. Although I doubt that Janelle will be going.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name