1201 replies to this topic

#1 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:24 AM

[size=18]DAYS Star Cook Arrested

Jason Cook (Shawn Douglas Brady) was arrested earlier this week at the Des Moines International Airport on charges of public intoxication and possession of drug paraphernalia.

According to authorities, Cook became argumentative with airport officials after a marijuana pipe and marijuana debris was allegedly found in his luggage. Cook was in Des Moines to lend his support for the 31st Annual Variety Club Telethon. "Jason appeared to be intoxicated, showing signs as bloodshot watery eyes, argumentative behavior, inability to follow instructions and smelled strongly of an alcoholic beverage," a police report said.

According to some set sources, Cook's arrest comes as a head to some poor professional behavior in recent weeks. "He is always late" added one of Cook's co-stars. "And he doesn't know his lines."

Because of Cook's arrest, the actor missed taping some of his scenes. The show quickly shuffled the production schedule around to accommodate Cook's absence and the missed scenes were taped the next day.

Meanwhile, a DAYS spokesperson asserts that everything is fine on the DAYS set, adding that the show had "no comment" on Cook's arrest. Cook likewise had no comment on his arrest. Cook was released from jail after posting $650 bond. The charges against Cook are misdemeanors, punishable by up to one year in jail and/or fines of up to $1500.

#2 mrspopcornsupriz

mrspopcornsupriz

• Pip
  • 695 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 07:48 AM

Is anyone else totally annoyed with Days. I have always loved the show but enough is enough. I am so sick of the Tony story. Put an end to it and start something better. Anyone know when they are going to finally end that storyline?

#3 Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:15 AM

I totally agree with you, every story going on right now is just plain stupid! evil.gif They have dragged everything out so long I don't see how they could even end it! They need to Fire Jer before the show can get any better - He is a hack of a writer! Get rid of him and the show may have some hope left!
I have heard the whole Island/Captive story line is to come to a head this summer, although that doesn't mean it will be finished!
All I really know is that the Fast Forward button on my remote (I tape Days since I'm at work)has never been used this much!

#4 Guest_Angel_*

Guest_Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:12 PM

There was a time in my life that I couldn't MISS this show!Now there are days when I fast forward through most of it,if I even watch it all.The island story,Jan and Shaun,Sami's "revenge"-it's all so ridiculous!Now there's a fake Jen and Jack's been kidnapped once again! They need new writers before it's too late!!!!!!I want my old Days back!

#5 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:32 AM

Soap Vet Reynolds Makes 'Days' Count

By John Crook
Any actor in daytime drama expects to have his character put through an emotional wringer. In fact, most of them pray for it.
So, when James Reynolds -- who has played police official Abe Carver on "Days of our Lives" on and off since 1981 -- found out in 2002 his TV wife was a scheming sexpot who was also involved in a baby-switching ring, his character reacted with a rage one critic described as "Shakespearean."

With his role being gradually expanded, Reynolds was understandably stunned when the show's writers dropped a shocker on him: Abe was going to become the first of 10 victims claimed by the "Salem Stalker," in a new serial killer story line.

"I thought it was over," says the 54-year-old actor, who subsequently saw his character "fatally" shot. "That's what was interesting, because I actually was in the process of moving on when I got word saying, 'Wait, we actually want you to come back.' In both cases, it took something of an adjustment."
Reynolds is referring, of course, to the highly publicized outcry from "Days" fans that greeted the snuffing of beloved senior characters including matriarch Alice Horton, played by original cast member Frances Reid. In another far-fetched plot twist, the victims were revealed to be not dead, but captives on a mysterious island, from which they eventually escaped.

"Most of us are off the island now, having escaped on a raft," Reynolds clarifies. "Now there are three or four people being held in a castle in Europe. The rest of us made it back to Salem, although we all have problems. My character is going blind, another is drug-addicted. We all came back with some issues."

That's putting it mildly, but Reynolds takes it all in his stride. For example, while he was saddened at the prospect of leaving "Days," he was pragmatic about what motivated the short-term carnage."Obviously, you looked around at who was being killed and [drew your own conclusions]," he says, chuckling, "but I don't think the whole thing was because of demographics. When this sort of thing happens, it's usually a budgetary concern, because the younger actors don't make as much as the older actors. I think it was a combination of pragmatic economical issues as well as story line factors as well. "The return was equally as complex, in that there was a huge outcry from the fans, but also there is a certain gravitas that certain characters bring to the show."

He isn't fazed by the more outlandish story tangents on which his character may be sent. That goes with the daytime territory, Reynolds says. "I don't have any really strong feelings about it, because after all, this is entertainment," he says. "Everything does change at a certain point. All shows have their own signature in a way. Some shows are known for more traditional soap opera storytelling, while others move back and forth between that and stories that are a little bit further out there.

"For example, 'General Hospital' basically is doing 'The Sopranos' now. We do over 200 shows a year. In order to keep it interesting, to keep the audience interested, you do have to change. To tell largely the same story in the same way, that just wouldn't hold an audience."

Outside of the show, Reynolds likewise tries to embrace life as it comes instead of slavishly following some master plan."I have a plan only in the broader sense," he says. "Of course, many years ago I decided I wanted to be an actor, and I had many goals I wanted to achieve as an actor. I have been unwavering in seeking those goals. All the other things that come toward me along the way I like to take hold of." That included a tour of duty in Vietnam for the Kansas native, who enlisted in the Marines after graduating from high school. "I was thinking in terms of the adventure, truthfully," Reynolds says of his decision to enlist. "I was 17 years old, and I had grown up reading a lot of history. I was a Marine Corps buff with the idea of actually going to one of the academies.

"I also wanted to write. I was a fan of Hemingway and that kind of writing style and lifestyle. I felt that if this moment in history wasn't experienced by me, it would be something I would regret later. I didn't do it out of lofty principles, it was out of a 17-year-old's quest for adventure. And I certainly learned to regret that very quickly, although I'm very proud of my service. I learned many valuable lessons. It's just that no one I know enjoys being in a war." His life these days is decidedly calmer, if no less busy. In addition to his soap work, Reynolds and his wife, actress Lissa Layng, own and operate the Fremont Centre Theatre in South Pasadena, Calif., where he recently directed "National Pastime," a play about Jackie Robinson. In addition, the couple, along with son Jed, also own and operate Big Man Apparel, a clothing line devoted to raising awareness of domestic abuse.

"One of my biggest concerns is violence, particularly domestic violence, and I think that it's one of the huge problems we have in this country, one that simply is not addressed enough," Reynolds says. "Statistics show that something like 85 percent of the people in prison were victims of abuse when they were children, regardless of whether it was sexual, physical or emotional abuse.

"On the Big Men T-shirts we have several legends, one of which is `Big men don't hit, they hug.' Another is 'Big men don't swear, they care.' The purpose is for both the wearer and the giver to acknowledge that they are concerned about this problem, but I think it also says to those who perpetrate this, `This is not the right thing to do, and you're hurting your family and your friends.' "It's also to encourage that larger group out there who are not abusers to get involved to help address this problem."

#6 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

Peck Headed Back to DAYS as Austin

Days of our Lives' head writer, James E Reilly, is continuing his mission to bring back some of the show's more popular characters from years past. For the second time in under two months, the show has announced the return of a long-lost character.

Beginning in late spring, Austin Peck (ex-Austin Reed) will reprise the role of Austin Reed, a role he played from 1995 through 2002.

"It's going to be very exciting," said DAYS executive producer Ken Corday in a statement. "Austin is wonderful. He and I have had a number of conversations. He is thrilled to be coming back."

Peck was last seen in 2002, when his on-screen alter ego dumped Sami Brady at the altar.

With Austin's return, some savvy Internet users are wondering if another popular DAYS veteran --Christie Clark - will also be returning. Clark played Carrie from 1986 through 1990 and then again from 1992 to 1999. Why are fans questioning a Carrie return? In recent interviews, Corday has hinted that a popular couple from the show's past would be returning. At one time, Clark and Peck's characters were married.

Corday didn't rule out the return, offering a simple "maybe" when asked about Carrie's possible return.

Prior to the announcement that Peck was returning to the fictional town of Salem, rumors circulated that he might soon be joining the cast of ABC's General Hospital. Several sources claimed to have seen Peck at the GH studio during audition sessions.

Peck will make his first return airdate in June.

#7 Guest_GaYToR_*

Guest_GaYToR_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2005 - 12:46 AM

[b]YAY for Austin Peck returning as Austin Reed. Will be nice to get some much needed eye candy back to DOOL.

Now for some speculation. One rumor is that a lot of the triangles will be coming back to the storyboards. One source says that the character Frankie will be returning, Jenninfer's first love. Another one I wonder about is if Carrie returns, will Mike Horton also return. University Hospital no longer has a Chief of Staff, well at least no character portraying it. Seems Lexie is the only Dr there now.

Any other rumours?

#8 mrspopcornsupriz

mrspopcornsupriz

• Pip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:16 AM

I am so glad Austin will be coming back. And I would also love to see Carrie back, they made a good couple. It's been a very long time since Frankie (Billy Warlock) was on the show. I couldn't believe it when I heard he is coming back. I always liked him.

#9 Blue_Rose

Blue_Rose

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 11:49 AM

I would love to see Carrie back along with Austin and Mike!!!!

#10 Guest_Angel_*

Guest_Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:57 PM

I'm so happy to hear Austin will be back! I would also love to see Carrie and Mike. Bring Eric back to throw another wrench in Nicole and Brady's relationship. It would really be awesome if Patch and Kayla could be brought back. Remember his casket was empty, leaving the door open for him to come back.Maybe doing this would help bring back some of that old Days magic!

#11 mrspopcornsupriz

mrspopcornsupriz

• Pip
  • 695 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:59 PM

I am so glad you brought up Patch and Kayla. There were my favorite couple ever on the show. I remember that storyline and have been waiting, waiting, and waiting for Patch's return. I balled my eyes out the day he died.

#12 Guest_Angel_*

Guest_Angel_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2005 - 04:40 PM

Anyone else getting the feeling that Chelsea is really Bo and Billie's daughter?

#13 Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 04:42 AM

I do believe that Chelsea is Billie's daughter, but I have a funny feeling Bo is not the father, I have heard it around the net, and I am thinking it will probably be true... maybe Romans the father!

#14 Guest_GaYToR_*

Guest_GaYToR_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 01:17 PM

[b]Funny that we are all seeing Days headed in the same direction here. I was just talking to a friend today about that possibility that Chelsea is going to be the daugher. (I thought I was having an original idea. Should have known better since I am usually the last to get it) Billie is quickly developing a close and almost instant bond with her.

I haven't seen or heard anything about Bo not being the father but that would be a very interesting twist.

One thing I got from the chat with my friend is that the possibility has been expressed on some newsgroups he regularly reads for quite some time now. I never go to newsgroups, but almost everything he tells me about from there has been accurate.

Guess we will see since I am hearing there will be a lot of closure in many storylines planned for the May Sweeps.

#15 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 01 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

DAYS SPOILERS FOR THE WEEK OF
MAY 2ND

DON"T READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW_________

Marlena and Roman are hurt when they learn that John and Kate are engaged.

Philip and Stan are in chains, knowing they are about to be executed.

Roman is stunned to learn that Kate sold his house.

Billie revives Bo.

Shawn, Rex, Brady and Lucas storm the bunker but Philip is not inside.

Stan's disguise falls away, revealing that he is really a she.

Lethal gas fills the pit where Billie and Bo are trapped.

Hope learns about Shawn's mission.

Kate returns John's ring.

Sami is unmasked by the guards, who are certain she is a spy.

Tony intervenes before Sami is executed.

Hope and Patrick find Bo and Billie but are unaware of the gas at first.

An enemy transport heads toward the rescue team camp.

Marlena insists John and Kate learn the truth.

Sami bargains with Tony for Philip's life.

John helps Kate pack her things.

Tony promises Sami revenge on Kate and a reunion with her parents.

Hope understands Bo's confusion and punches Billie.

Patrick and Hope free Bo and Billie from the pit.

Grandpa Shawn arrives with Will.

Someone approaches the camp.

#16 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

Days Of Our Live
Soiliers HighLight To Read

Week of May 30- As Tony is placed under arrest, the Salemnites wonder where Stan is, which Tony is all too happy to point out. Sami is worried that the men will link her and Stan, and after talking to her parents long distance (most of the crew take a turn), Sami is determined to find any link that ties her to Stan, but Lucas finds it first. Everyone is shocked when Philip announces that he will be rejoining his unit, immediately. Lucas, Brady and Rex search for Sami, not realising that she's run out of the bunker, and when Lucas has to choose between going after a Sami versus an escaping Tony, he chooses to go for Sami. Brady goes after Tony and catches him, only to be faced with an unusual proposition -- he can give him the one thing that Brady wants. Brady is skeptical, but when Tony dials Chloe's room and he hears Chloe's voice, he realises that his doubts about her death are true. He becomes convinced she is alive and well, and is determined to return to her. Elsewhere, Shawn tells Belle that Philip has returned to active duty, and is determined to get him back so Belle can finish things off with him without feeling guilty. The two come under fire, and Philip ends up needing all the help that he can get. Chloe worries that Brady won't give up her on being alive and asks Nicole to help convince Brady that she's dead, which Nicole agrees to do, also having her own reasons for wanting Brady to believe Chloe is dead. Back home, Belle remains terrified for her husband and the man that she loves as the remaining former hostages prepare to return to Salem.

Bo and Hope are thrilled to learn that the group (especially Shawn) is alive and well, and Jennifer rushes out to share the news with Jack, only to find him with Billie. She has the feeling something is wrong, but Billie keeps her word to Jack not to tell Jennifer about his spell. Later, though, Jack is collapsed on the floor (after realising his hand is trembling) as Jennifer and Billie talk about Billie's hope that Tony can now lead her to her daughter. After finding a collapsed Jack, his loved ones strong arm him into going to see a doctor. Jack does see Lexie, but convinces her that Jennifer doesn't need to know anything. Abby continues to prepare for her family's camping trip and invites Chelsea to go out to the Island with them, which she accepts. Lexie continues to be troubled about Jack, but he again reiterates that it's not her place to tell.

Roman and Kate talk about their feelings for John and Marlena. Roman suggests a welcome home party for the others at Alice's, which begins as they get back to town. Mimi's sentencing hearing is rescheduled. Bo and Hope plan a romantic getaway. When Billie reaches out to Chelsea, she pushes her away

#17 Rydethis

Rydethis

• Pip
  • 312 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:55 AM

Goodness Salt...your spoilers are right on the money. I just restarted (I have been watching it off and on for the past 15 years now....dang that makes me sound old) watching it as of a week and a half ago and everything you mentioned happened so far. I didn't get to watch it yesterday because I'm studying for my Real Estate Exam. But I did record it so I will catch up on it this evening.

But it has always occured to me that John Black looks like a Clint Eastwookd wanttabe (SP?). He still does that eye thing. I always loved Bo and Hope. Jennifer and Jack are the cutest and nicest ones on the show....I don't know if they had ever been the bad ones.

But anyway thanks for the spoilers and I look forward to them in the future.

#18 salter-path

salter-path

Columnist

• Pip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 07:05 AM

While surfing the net I stumbled onto this site, "Where Are They Now" It is a site about old Days of Our Lives stars and very interesting.

#19 Blue_Rose

Blue_Rose

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:22 AM

Thanks Salter-path, that was interesting. I've been watching Days, off and on, since I was a kid. I remember many of those actors and their characters. However, I noticed that there were some missing. Like the actress that Calliope and the actor that played her boyfriend, can't think of his name but I've seen him on Star Trek NG a few times.

#20 Guest_ranster627_*

Guest_ranster627_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2005 - 11:06 AM

Did I read Star Trek??? What character????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users