Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wolfrider

Episode #7: The Root Of All Evil

61 posts in this topic

Wow, they're going to redue the districts? Sounds like a good idea, but the red and especially the green team seem to be fine already.

Hmmm I wonder which kid refuses to do her chores? :animated_rotfl:

I thought the yellow district was kinda at a disadvantage. They did become the upper class once, but have been the cooks most of the time.

Green has a lot of good kids, but man they aren't good in comps.

Why hasn't anyone suggested naming a marshall of the town? Or come up with their own punishment?

I thought they said they were going to do that in this past episode, have a punishment. They did, and tried, but I thought they were going to have some sort of a system.

Like I was asking in another thread. What punishment is suitable for this show dealing with kids and is enforceble? Lock her up? Kick her out of town? Hang her by her thumbs?

Yeah, obviously, she's not listening to them. Unless Johnathan were to step in and enforce something, but that wouldn't be right.

Redraw the districts! Unless they "survivor" up the challenges certain teams will not have much of a shot at upper class. Although, they kind of have been "survivoring" them. (For those who don't watch Survivor, that means weighting a challenge toward a specific team's strengths to give them a chance to win.)

I'm interested in finding out what they will use for punishment, and even more so for enforcement techniques. I agree with Baron, what can they really do?

Do they really need 4 classes? I think 3 would be better.

Upper: Don't do anything. Control money.

Middle: Merchants.

Laborers: Cooks and the grunt work.

JMHO

The only punishment they can do is no pay and no gold star.

Certain children probably wouldn't care anyway.

the no pay will kill her, since she's always in the saloon drinking her orange soda.

i think they should be allowed to vote her off the island. or shoot her, but that might be a bit harsh........... :animated_scratchchin:

If they're trying to run the town like a town.....don't towns have jails? lol

I think it would be hard to enforce jail-time too. Maybe a "time-out" since

they are just kids.

I think they should isolate her; cut her off completely. Nobody should be allowed to talk to her. She has to cook her own meals and not allowed to benefit from anything. Shun her completely. When dealing people like Taylor Trash, you have to magnify they're punishment many times over because they lack empathy for others; feels nothing for others.

What I think they did when casting the show, they identified her as a text book case of a sociopath. We aren't watching a normal girl, they showing us what a sociopath 10 year old says and does. A person doesn't suddenly become a sociopath at age 20, they are born that way. She is not winner, she is one of kids that grows up to be a very destructive person who uses and abuses people. I hope everyone sees this as a HUGE warning, and when they meet girls like Taylor Trash, you know you are looking at a person who will become a major problem to our society over the course of their adults lives.

It is kind of funny, I can see them during casting saying "She's going to sh*t all over herself the very first day". They knew they she'd start self-destructing the moment she set foot into Bonanza City. They probably told her she'd have a hotel room with maid service LOL. Remember in the first episode, within the first 10 minutes she was crying saying she wanted to go home. That must have when she found out her 10 suitcases were left behind and she was going to have to sleep in a bunkhouse like everyone else. How degrading that must have been for her to be treated like a regular kid. Who gives a rip, I'd take satisifaction in seeing the other kids water-board her on national TV. Now that would get ratings winner for sure LOL

Yes, no doubt waterboarding a 10 year old will generate the biggest ratings in the history of Television and I am sure there are a few sick people who would enjoy it.

I'm glad I don't know what waterboarding means!

TCSLUVSTV, Waterboarding is torture technique that doesn't cause any physical harm, but it makes a person think they are drowning. Bush administration has authorized it for people who are captured in Iraq.

Thanks Echo....Waterboarding sounds horrible! I almost drown when I was 13! It was a frightening feeling! I still have a very hard time with swimming. My hubby has a sailboat and I've never been in it!

Awww....c'mon now. we don't have to torture her or hurt her (although i do stand by my shooting her comment) but if they're gonna build a town, a sherriff needs to be elected. hmmmm............i wonder what the "journal" will say this week? maybe a way to punish. throw her skinny butt into a jail cell over nite. kinda like the drunk tank. sober her up a little

They throw her in jail, the uproar would be too much. Its the fundamental flaw of this experiment - there's no law enforcement.

They throw her in jail, the uproar would be too much. Its the fundamental flaw of this experiment - there's no law enforcement.

Can you explain further?

KN is a game. Its not a real town. So you can not use real world punishments on children in a game. Putting Taylor in jail against her will is unlawful imprisonment. Since real world punishment can not be done, the kids have no discipline. The only way to enforce rules is to do it within the context of the game. Witholding pay or kicking off of the show. I think witholding pay is not enough and kicking off the show is too much. Thats why I am saying the experiment is flawed. The town can not truly work without interference of the producers.

What I think they did when casting the show, they identified her as a text book case of a sociopath.

Did I miss the moment Taylor tortured an animal or cut herself or do anything remotely close to sociopathic behavior? If you have evidence of her mental instability, please share, but repreatedly posting that Taylor should be forcibly removed from society and maliciously accussing her of illegal/ immoral behavior is disgusting.

As far as the experiment is flawed because there is no law enforcement, I agree. Taylor, and others I'm sure, have figured out that there is no punishment for going against the majority. If you don't want to get up and do your job, so what? There are no repercussions. One could use the "for the good of the majority" argument, but after the first few days, we saw that didn't always work. When the one team didn't want to make breakfast, Greg yelled and screamed and intimidated them until they did. The reason they got their butts out the bunk was to not get attacked (and to a lesser degree, for the good of the majority). Now we have Taylor, who is getting yelled at by other kids for not doing her job. The new council member has sworn he will never let her get a gold star. So why should she do anything? Now, bring in the law enforcement and jail. Allow the kids to use it as a form of retribution and try to use it as a deterrent.

Maybe we can have a side experiment to determine how long it will take a child to abuse his/her power as a prison guard.

I think tonight we shall see some form of repercussions being imposed. I can see it being mild, but effective. Maybe barred from playing in group reward games. I'll be the first to state that it will be highly debatable that whatever form of punishment they might impose would be effective in real life.

I do think the producers and other staff act as referrees, and the children have to play by the rules. The kids can't just do whatever they want at anytime. As one example, when it is time for the council meeting they HAVE to go, it is not an option. Overall, I don't think this a problem, and when they are told they out of bounds, the kids do as they are told.