Kate & Pat

team_11.jpg

Kate & Pat

Married Ministers

Kate: Thousand Oaks, CA

49, Episcopal Priest

Pat: Thousand Oaks, CA

65, Ordained Deacon

Kate and Pat dated for seven years before tying the knot three years ago. These well traveled Episcopal clergy are ready for the adventure of lifetime-but don't let the collars fool you-they can play dirty too.

Kate is an Episcopal priest and has one grown son. She claims that the biggest difference between herself and Pat is that she avoids conflict while Pat dives right in. Kate describes herself as passionate and sarcastic while Pat says she is persistent and dependable.

Pat is a vocational deacon in the Episcopal Church and her ministry in the community is to people with disabilities. She is also the mother of two sons and grandmother of three. Pat's biggest pet peeve about Kate is that she constantly misjudges her time, an issue that could surely cause problems on the Race.

Both are out to prove that they are not afraid to compete with anyone and they are extremely confident that their years of experience will help them combat the physical prowess of the younger Teams.

They look like first or second boots to me, but stranger things have happened...

Hmmm I find that strangely... exciting.

:huh:

doubt i will like them.

i wish there were another BOWLING MOMS team. i loved them chicks.

One of them is 65....there's the age factor again!

I think they'll go far. Being lesbians they've most likely already had to deal with a lot of sticky situations in their life times. Sometimes life experiences are the best education.

i dont like them. not because they are lesbians either.

i don't like them. not because they're ministers either. lol.

i don't like them. not because I don't know why either.lol

They are not my favorites, but I don't dislike them. When I first saw them I thought about the Bowling Moms, now those were some good racers and likeable too. I hope they do well just to show that old broads can hang in there.

i don't like how they're ministers and said they don't mind being underhanded..........that rubbed me the wrong way

methos, thanks, I thought she reminded me of someone :giggle:

I think it's always the religious, praise jesus types that irriate me the most on these shows.

I think it's always the religious, praise jesus types that irriate me the most on these shows

I'm just curious - why? Do you mean anyone who is vocal about their faith, or just those who are vocal and seem insincere?...like the mom and her three kids from the "family" season (I can't remember their names). Personally, I think sometimes those on reality shows who don't hide their faith get a bad rap because people lump all those that "praise Jesus" into one big pile labeled "bigoted, hypocritical and intolerant". I realize that some can be very irritating, especially when they DO fit the labels I mentioned, however, they make it very hard for those who are "religious" to be perceived by others as any different than them. Just my two cents...

I can't speak for anybody else, but I find anybody who is repetitive in what they say, annoying. I think it was last season with the two guys who kept mentioning they are recoverying addicts, or the two muslim men that kept saying "If Allah wills it," or this season, we have the goths. I didn't find them too annoying, but If they keep saying stuff like "Oh my goth!" I will end up hating them.

I realize that the editors are the ones that make these people look the way they do, but that's reality TV.