• 12,820 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:29 PM

Rachel & TK
Dating for almost one year

Rachel: Huntington Beach, CA
23, Florist/Store Owner

TK: Huntington Beach, CA
22, Substitute Teacher

Rachel & TK have only been dating for close to a year. Both of their moms were friends while they were growing up in Huntington Beach, California, yet they had never really spent anytime together until only recently. This fun-loving couple is always laughing and is eager to see if their relationship can stand up to the rigors of the Race.

Rachel owns her own high-style flower shop. She describes herself as bright and ambitious and claims that the biggest difference between she and TK are the lives they've led. He was a collegiate athlete at UC Santa Barbara while she stayed home and bought a business and started working straight out of high school.

TK currently makes his living as a substitute teacher. He describes himself as dedicated, witty and intelligent. TK swam in college and was voted team captain of the swim team. He also held the all-time record in the 200-meter backstroke at UCSB (University of California, Santa Barbara).

This free-spirited Team is looking to share the adventure of a lifetime together and maybe win $ 1 million prize in the process.

#2 kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:19 AM

This team looks like they'll be lots of fun and their adventurous spirit and his swimming ability may be a definite asset. I'm putting my money on them to go far...(no spoiler at all- just wishful thinking!)

#3 erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:57 AM

He looks awesome. Plus he teaches which is a bonus!

#4 TCS

TCS

• Pip
  • 3,571 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

They always have swimming comps......that'll be a plus for Tk! Cute couple! love.gif

#5 crustylugholes

crustylugholes

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 12:06 PM

Uhm... I'm thinking he's probably a pretty big slacker. Substitute teacher = works when he feels like it.

#6 Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE(crusty)
Uhm... I'm thinking he's probably a pretty big slacker. Substitute teacher = works when he feels like it.

sooooooooooooooo not true! have you ever subbed before??

i like these guys. another fav team of mine!
they seem to compliment each other well

#7 Mendes56

Mendes56

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:59 AM

I like this team too. They got a little turned around on the way to the pit stop but there wasn't the whining or sniping we saw from other teams. I hope they do well.

#8 islandgirl

islandgirl

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 12:22 PM

This team might be my favorite so far, I really like them. They make a great couple, so easy going. I bet he is a great teacher.

#9 Baron

Baron

• Pip
  • 1,163 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:08 PM

Wasn't this the couple that was having the dispute about going the wrong way?

#10 Talker

Talker

• Pip
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:53 PM

A more enjoyable "Hippie" team than the Hippie's who won a couple seasons ago

#11 erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

substitute=slaker, ha, right.

that's what I am right now because no fulltime jobs were open. You go try it, gotta have guts to substitute. My second fav team.

#12 Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:05 AM

i agree with you erin! i used to substitute.........that's a lot harder than people think. put up with a lot of sh*t doing that!

#13 fizzle

fizzle

• Pip
  • 13,548 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

i just really really want to brush his hair. especially up at the roots. censored.gif and hers could use a good brushing too. maybe a pony tail.

#14 crustylugholes

crustylugholes

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

Wow! I better clarify what I meant by "substitute = works when he feels like it."

I did not mean that ALL substitute teachers are slackers.

I did mean that as a substitute you do not have to take the job when the phone rings in the AM (Or whenever you're called)
In this state a sub is like an on-call teacher.
If a teacher gets ill and they call for a sub, the substitute can decline the job for what ever reason they have.
Even, 'Nope...I think I will sleep until noon-ish and then lounge around in my boxers and watch game shows for the rest of the afternoon. '
Which is how I pictured little Mr. TKs' response to a phone call asking him to come in and sub for a day.

#15 chatterbox

chatterbox

• Pip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:31 PM

LOL Crusty...

As an ex-substitute that is how it is in NorCal. I was lucky though. After a month I got in with a school and only subbed there and knew ahead of time. No morning calls here!

#16 jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 06:36 AM

Funny as hell. I'm sorry I didn't see it the day you posted it. I would have dubbed it "Line Of The Day". Male slacker + female enterpreneur = short term relationship OR long term if the female with low self-esteem variable exists.

#17 KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:57 AM

Stinky Hippies....

#18 ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 12:46 PM

Substitute teachers are actually quite busy. Before I got on with the board, I was getting several calls a day..I never got to just be off! Also, ppl aren't always subs by choice, they have to pay their dues until they finally get in the door. Blah!

Okay, enough ranting, I actually really like this couple. They work well together and seem pretty mellow. I'm routing for them.

#19 King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:26 PM

I'm starting to like these hippies!

#20 King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts