Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Ronald & Christina

She has no problem playing dirty...

I am assuming you are talking about when she had the ticket woman tell another team there were no tickets left? Yes that was dirty, but I would do the same thing if I were racing with my 60 year old father as a partner. If it comes down to a foot race in the end between this team and the hippies, the hippies will win it. At this point in the race, I don't have a problem with Christina's game play.

As far as being social goes, the bad thing about that is you got to stab your "friends" in the end.

This team hasn't really done anything that bad. They raced hard and deserve a win as much as anybody else. Yes, Ron has problems, but he has improved. They are my number 1.

What would you rather Chris do? "Ma'am, please give my competitors tickets for the same flight/train that we have."

I don't expect her to be generous to her competition. I just wanted to point out that Ronald is not the only dislikable member of this team for me.

This team hasn't really done anything that bad. They raced hard and deserve a win as much as anybody else. Yes, Ron has problems, but he has improved. They are my number 1.

Thats only because he has taken everything out on her rather then the other teams, this team IMO has done plenty of bad things, the problem is it is too eachother and that is really sad. I really do believe that the only reason he has "improved" over the last few episodes is because they were in the lead, I think we would see a much worse Ron if they were coming in last/second to last. They should get counselling or something after this is done

I still maintain that he is no worse than any other workaholic dad. Also, they have played a good game, the proof is their first place finish the last two weeks. Finally, it is not dirty play to ask that the ticket agent not help other racers...it's a part of the race, a part that we have seen time and time again over the last 12 seasons.

IA they are obviously playing well, as to how many wins they have, however I do not agree that this is normal for any workaholic dad, my dad was one and he never once spoke to me like he speaks to her! He is condesending, and frankly a sad father figure.

Im surprised the ticket agent lied for her, I mean really what does she care, she just wants to sell tickets, if I was the boss Id be pissed she lied, if it hurt my ticket sales

Thats only because he has taken everything out on her rather then the other teams, this team IMO has done plenty of bad things, the problem is it is too eachother and that is really sad.

Again, what has SHE done? Besides getting the ticket agent lady to lie. What makes Christina such a bad person? Whenever her dad goes off on one of his rants, she does everything she can to calm him down. She's even told him to leave her alone.

I feel nothing but compassion for the poor girl, and the fact that she made it this far without throwing him off a building says something about the kind of person she is. I am just surprised that anyone would not want her to win, just because he's her team mate.

I guess the kids really do have to suffer the sins of the parents.

Whenever her dad goes off on one of his rants, she does everything she can to calm him down. She's even told him to leave her alone.

She also has apologized profusely to other racers that he has offended.

I'll just paraphrase Vyxsin, It's ok, I have a dad too.

ET fix the quotation

I am just surprised that anyone would not want her to win, just because he's her team mate.

Well Christina can't win by herself. And again, I don't like her either.

And again, I don't like her either.

Care to elaborate? Honestly I'm not picking a fight or anything. I am just curious since I find her very likable, how does someone else feel the exact opposite? Did I miss something that she did or does?

Likeability, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I can't explain why I don't like her, I just don't. I haven't been able to figure out what my sister sees in her husband either. But if it makes you feel any better, Baron. . . . I don't like most people.

they raced a good race!! way to go for both of you!! not that i'm glad you didn't win, i'm just thrilled rachel and tk DID win!!

im glad they got 2nd... i would of wanted them to win after TK if they didnt... im just glad ronald and them didnt win...

I am just happy that they DIDN'T win.... when Christina started freaking out... was the best moment on the show.

But congrats I guess.

The Amazing Race: Christina Says Dad is "Most Gregarious and Hilarious" Man

Monday, February 04, 2008

Source: The Columbian, Lisa Claustro-BuddyTV

Joining a rigorous reality competition like The Amazing Race can no doubt take a toll on a person's stress levels, and this is exactly what happened to show contestant, Ronald Hsu, who finished the 12th season of the show in second place with daughter, Christina Hsu.

In an interview with The Colombian, Christina explained that her father is a much calmer person in real life, and that the short-tempered man viewers saw on The Amazing Race is the product of sleep deprivation and lack of nourishment.

"If you ask my friends, they will tell you my dad is the most gregarious and hilarious man out there," Christina said. "But as with any good drama, the show used clips at times when we had only two hours of sleep and no food."

Ronald acknowledged his not-so-calm behavior on the show, and said that he had difficulty seeing himself all riled up on the small screen.

"I had my moments," he told The Colombian. "It was difficult to watch on TV."

Although television often showed the father-daughter team butting heads, they actually get along rather well in real life. Joanne Lafeman, an old neighbor of the Hsus from Vancouver told The Colombian that they