Sign in to follow this  
joyami

Jon, Kate Plus 8.

I saw the St Jude's episode for the first time last night and love the fact they did it. I was very impressed with the entire show and found myself loving Kate.

I have to admit I have only watched a few minutes of the show. I don't like that the children are exploited for the show. A documentary would be OK but a reality show I think is not in the best interest of the children. The children will get used to the cameras and the notoriety and crave it in later years even if it is acting out badly for the attention.

These are only my opinions...

I have to ask though, is it any different than the Roloff's? Is it really any different than any child actor?

I have to ask though, is it any different than the Roloff's? Is it really any different than any child actor?

I don't know who the Roloff's are.

I think the odds will make it harder for them to grow into stable well adjusted teenagers. In my opinion they are the same as child actors. They may even resent their parents for putting them in the spotlight. They may miss the spotlight and as teenagers get in trouble to get that attention they might miss. There are just a lot of variables.

I do hope that they all turn out to be OK.

The Roloffs are the family from Little People Big World...

Oh but Marty, if they didn't exploit them they wouldn't get all that free stuff :hide:

I would have to say I don't think it's probably the best thing for the Roloff family either. And yup -- child stars have the deck stacked against them if they want to turn out 'normally'.

Sometimes they use the excuse -- 'it's all I know, so it's normal for me'. True -- but too much attention, too much fuss, over these kids is bound to affect them in their adult years.

Look at how many child stars are messed up.

Plus, there are a bunch of yahoos who think they can say whatever they want about these people on line. :blush: You know-- I would probably say more, but because there are kids involved, I don't want to get overly personal. This is how they've chosen to raise their family. To them, my opinion matters not at all.

I have seen some adorable episodes. I have seen Kate be sweet, and organized, and her love for her family clearly shining in her. I have seen her nit and pick and micro manage and demean her husband, and show almost no positive qualities also. I have seen Jon enjoying his kids and I've also seen him act like a whipped dog, when Kate berates him. I've seem them bust each others chops, more than I've seen them being affectionate. Of course, the show is not about them making kissy face with each other. Lately, it seems like the shows are only about their excursions. A lot of whiny kids. I've seen Jon really crabby with them.

I don't know -- you see the good and the bad, the beautiful and the ugly. The kids are still cute, but not as sweet as they used to be.

I am sure it isn't the best thing for the Roloff kids either, but they are all older, and were already older when the show started, so it wasn't like it was all they have known since they can remember, like the sextuplets. And let's face it, Amy Roloff isn't nearly the b!tch that Kate is.

TLC announced today that Jon & Kate Plus 8 will return for a fifth season. The popular show that attracted record ratings for its March 23 finale will join a busy roster of returning programs, such as 18 Kids and Counting, A Baby Story, American Chopper, What Not to Wear, and Little People, Big World.

The cable network has also introduced a host of new series -- more than 19 in all -- that will help fill its schedule in the coming year. They include The Little Couple (a series about newlyweds Bill Klein and Jen Arnold, both of whom are under 4-feet tall); Freakin Fabulous With Clinton Kelly (a fashion show based on his book of the same name); Making Over America With Trinny & Susannah (featuring the original U.K. hosts of What Not to Wear), The General (featuring an interior-designer-turned-contractor), and Mom, Inc. (a new series from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos that helps struggling entrepreneurs).

Link

More trouble on the horizon for Jon and Kate of TLC's Jon & Kate Plus 8!

The strain on Jon and Kate Gosselin's relationship is more than visible on the reality program - Kate holds the role of the alpha male in the marriage with Jon taking a backseat to his wife's bitchiness.

Jon was a favorite of fans until last month, when Gosselin was spotted at a Pennsylvania college telling young co-eds that he and Kate were planning on getting a divorce! AND, according to multiple reports, he was trying to make out with college chicks!

Well, he's at it again!

Gosselin was caught stumbling out of Legends Lounge in Wernersville, Pennsylvania on April 18th sans wedding band with an unknown woman that was most definitely not Kate!

The two left the bar together, but once Gosselin spotted the paparazzi waiting for his exit, the reality dad yelled at the woman to "get in the car!" and the two sped off without even turning on the headlights!!

And where was Kate???

Promoting her new book on the opposite side of the country!

Shady!!

Gosselin has sent an e-mail to Us Weekly in an attempt to tell his side of the story!

"I went to Legends to speak to the owner. A friend of mine wanted to check out my car, so I let her drive it to her car," Gosselin explained.

Jon was reportedly in Legends from 11:20 pm until 2 am!

Long meeting with the owner, eh??

He continued, "Yes, I have female friends - but that is all she is. I'm not going to end my friendships just because I'm on TV."

Coming from the father that told interviewers, "I always thought I would be, like, 54 years old and marry 19-year-old or something."

Hmm!

Wonder what Kate has to say about all of this???

All I have to say is.... they should both get their butts home and take care of their kids

Link

I really don't have respect for these parents that have put their children in harm by being media children. They will read all these things about their mom being a bitch and their father cheating. They should just be raised as normal children. The show for the parents is all about money and fame.

poor kids.

Personally I think the media grabed onto a lie with the college girls, and now are trying to find things to make Jon look bad... This is as always only my humble opinion...

I really don't have respect for these parents that have put their children in harm by being media children. They will read all these things about their mom being a bitch and their father cheating. They should just be raised as normal children. The show for the parents is all about money and fame.

poor kids.

I agree Marty, and I also agree a bit with Yana, in that they are looking for stuff. But...that is the reality of life, when you're on tv. And their kids are going to hear the rumors -- maybe they won't find it online, but I'm sure some of their friends might say something. Kids hear their parents talk, and if rumors are flying about Jon and Kate, you can bet their neighbors are talking about it.

So whether things are true or not isn't really the point, as far as I'm concerned. They willingly exposed their family, and this includes their kids, to this kind of stuff. I don't think it's right, that they are following Jon around, and trying to make a big story out of nothing-- or even if it's all true-- that they can't let a marriage fall apart without covering it-- because I don't think we really need to know. But it's no surprise that this happens. And I'm quite sure the Gosselins should not be surprised by it either. They can't be that naive.

To me, this is a big red flag to them. If their marriage is indeed intact, or if it's in trouble, they need to stop the show now, and raise their family in peace, or work out their problems-- whatever the case may be.

I agree Marty, and I also agree a bit with Yana, in that they are looking for stuff. But...that is the reality of life, when you're on tv. And their kids are going to hear the rumors -- maybe they won't find it online, but I'm sure some of their friends might say something. Kids hear their parents talk, and if rumors are flying about Jon and Kate, you can bet their neighbors are talking about it.

So whether things are true or not isn't really the point, as far as I'm concerned. They willingly exposed their family, and this includes their kids, to this kind of stuff. I don't think it's right, that they are following Jon around, and trying to make a big story out of nothing-- or even if it's all true-- that they can't let a marriage fall apart without covering it-- because I don't think we really need to know. But it's no surprise that this happens. And I'm quite sure the Gosselins should not be surprised by it either. They can't be that naive.

To me, this is a big red flag to them. If their marriage is indeed intact, or if it's in trouble, they need to stop the show now, and raise their family in peace, or work out their problems-- whatever the case may be.

Totally agree they need to get off the air, and rebuild their family. Have no respect for them expliting there children like they are. Now that they are used to the fame bug and all that brings with it, will be extremely difficult to go back like before the show. THIS IS TRULY SAD FOR ALL OF THEM, BUT MOSTLY THE CHILDREN.

I'm sure they will stay together until they end the show. Surprised Jon decided to do the show next season! He won't be in it much, I'm sure of that.

They don't exploit their children any more than any of the other "educational" shows like the Little People Big World, or Table for 12, or any of the countless others that have put their family on TV for the world to see... No different than child stars either... I really think this whole is being blown out of proportion... In my opinion anyway...

They don't exploit their children any more than any of the other "educational" shows like the Little People Big World, or Table for 12, or any of the countless others that have put their family on TV for the world to see... No different than child stars either... I really think this whole is being blown out of proportion... In my opinion anyway...

I agree. Add in the Duggars in. And who was it that started this delve into the private lives o families ? I want to say without looking it up is The Loud Family many years ago. If I try to put myself in their shoes (The Gosselins) I might do the same. First, I would need all the help I could get when I got home from the hospital and without enough relatives and/or very good friends it would totally overwhelm me. So, if anyone offered to help. I'd take it. I would also need the money to pay for the necessary supplies x6 and no insurance pays for this kind of stuff. So, I think I'd sacrifice my privacy for a couple of years to get my kids a good start on life. But now that they're older and easier to manage (but still not easy or still not requiring a lot of money) I might want to rethink getting them out of the spotlight. maybe do 5 year updates or something. i just say an episode of a cake challenge on the Food Network that featured the new teenage Dilley sextuplets. I think their parents might have set the right example of a balance between getting what they needed and limiting public attention on them. They seemed like normal teenagers. JMHO.

As for Jon---sowing some oats from becoming a father of so many kids at such a young age? Not to be forgiven but maybe understandable?

I am not familiar with any of those other shows but I don't think any of it is "good" for the kids. Some children are not affected adversely but I would not want to ROLL THE DICE with my children. Out of 8 children if even one of the children have problems from the limelight then I say the parents are to blame.

I don't watch the Kate show but I can see where the media and people calling the mother a bitch and the father a cheater can not be good for the children to hear.

They don't exploit their children any more than any of the other "educational" shows like the Little People Big World, or Table for 12, or any of the countless others that have put their family on TV for the world to see... No different than child stars either...

I agree. I think they are all equally exploitative.

I really think this whole is being blown out of proportion... In my opinion anyway...

Probably -- but it goes with the territory. Don't invite cameras into your lives, and take advantage of every given opportunity, then complain because you're getting too much attention. I don't know if Jon and Kate are complaining about the intrusiveness of the media, in their private lives -- when they aren't scheduled to have the cameras on-- but they are enjoying the fruits of a highly rated and popular television show. There will always be a few bugs in the fruit.

I still think they need to seriously consider if it's all worth it -- if this is indeed what they want for their family and their future. This is the first real ugliness I've seen in the media, other thatnJoel McHale making fun of her on 'The Soup'. This, and the rumors of an earlier affair a few months ago. True of not doesn't really matter, but I do think the unwanted attention will get worse and the rumors get uglier, before anything will get better or easier for them.

Dang it, my memory is terrible, but I was listening to the radio this morning and they said Jon and Kate had been scheduled to do an interview with someone (that's the part I forget) to clear up some of the rumors, BUT only Kate showed up. Hmmmmmmm :animated_scratchchin:

Yeah, I think it was on one of the morning shows. I think the whole family was supposed to be there, and she was going to promote her book ( whatever that is) but she said they thought it best if Jon stayed home with the kids since all these rumors were flying...

I didn't actually see it, but read about it.

They also said in the article that it was the girl's brother who was telling his story to some magazine. I guess the girl Jon was supposedly having the affair with lived with her brother, and he said he heard them having sex, and that he was around-- maybe all night-- can't remember for sure.

But they also pointed out that people are well paid for these stories, so who knows. It's hard to believe he would lie for money, but it's also hard to believe he would tattle on his sister for money either, if he was a decent type of guy.

I'm not going to make any calls as to whether it's true or not. -- not my business!

And this is also not my business, but I still think it's time to pull the plug on their show, since it's not tabloid fodder. The kids are almost in school -- they might have to go back to having real jobs.

She was on Larry King the other night by herself.

Not sure what's going on now but, I caught about 10 minutes of the show a couple seasons ago and in that time I could tell Jon wasn't in love with his wife and it was only a matter of time before he was doing the scoot boot n boogie. jmo

Agree with Ivy - the show needs to go away, for the kids sake. They need a more normal life and to get themselves and their crazy parents out of the public eye.

I also agree with Ceci to a degree. I can't say if Jon loves Kate or not, but I think her overbearing condescending way of treating him has definitely taken it's toll. You can only beat a guy down so long before he says to he!! with it.

I feel sorry for the kids. Even if the TV show goes away, you just know that the papparazzi are going to chase after them for ever! Especially if they divorce.

Those kids are going to get even more exploited than they already have been as long as there are ignorant people who actually lay down money and buy moronic tabloids.

(It really astounds me that people read that crap.)

:lookaround: (just once in a while if it has a topic that I am interested in)

I say pull the plug on the show parents if you really want to put the children first. The kids don't care about the money.