Sign in to follow this  
joyami

Jon, Kate Plus 8.

Well it's all over the tabloids that they are... Jon is supposedly living with his mother... but other reports say he was staying with her because she broke a hip ( or something along those lines)

but he had time to get photographed at a bar drunk as a skunk with a couple of college girls

That's too bad, but not surprising really... I don't read tabloids so didn't know LOL... Kate said they were in a really strange place, and Jon said it's really hard for me too... So I thought maybe they were talking about the move, but tried to make it appear to be martial...

I didn't actually read it in the tabloids.... but read it at a different message board and they posted the articles and picture of Jon with the girls

Hard to say if it's true or not...tabloids aren't exactly reliable LOL..... but sometimes there is a little bit of truth

Well, you know me... I am a news hound when it comes to this stuff LMAO, so I went looking and here's the picture, and if it's Jon, I don't think it's recent... He looks really young... In a lot of ways he doesn't even look like Jon to me either...

00gcby3b.jpg

Then I found this article...

Jon and Kate Rumors Are Dismissed

2-Mar-2009

Written by: Karla Casillas

Jon Gosselin dismissed rumors about cheating on his wife.

Jon and Kate Gosselin of Jon & Kate Plus Eight have become the target of the rumor mill.

The rumors claim that the reality TV couple is having marital problems. Most recently, according to Radar Online, blogs are claiming that Jon was seen in a Pennsylvania bar hitting on a younger woman and later leaving with her.

This may not seem too farfetched to many people. After all, having eight children puts a strain on a couple, obviously, especially when six of the eight are the same age.

The rumors have been dismissed by Jon himself.

In a recent statement released through his rep, Radar Online is reporting that Jon denied the

I honestly don't see their marriage lasting, Jon can do no right in Kate's eyes... she's such a b*tch! But I don't think it will end with him cheating on her. He doesn't seem the type. Cameras following his every move also wouldn't make it easy either. But ya, I don't see them lasting forever unfortunately.

I could tell by the previews of next weeks show that something is very wrong. Don't know if the rumors are true or not but he seems to always be with the kids while Kate is away on business but something is going on with the two of them. They don't seem to be on the same page anymore.

I"m not a big watcher of this show-- just catch it on the weekends sometimes... But I do watch a lot of reality TV, and refuse to take the bait anymore, when they elude to 'most dramatic ever', or whatever they try to sell us.

In this case, I certainly hope it's a bunch of hype to get more people to watch, because it would be a sad thing if this family broke up. These are real people and they're not playing a game.

Whatever your opinion of them, ( or her), or what you think about them doing this show at all, doesn't really matter for something like this.

It's kind of squicky though -- if it is just hype, then it's upsetting that they would play games with their lives like that, and feed rumors. And if it's true, what a sad thing to be a ratings grabber.

I know --- they chose to be a part of this, so it's all fair game, I suppose. So I can't feel bad for them, or that they've been taken advantage of, but it still gives me the skeevies.

What next... are they going to put the Osbornes back on and give them their own show again? What???? Oh crap... well, I guess there's one marriage that seems to be working.

Ivy I agree with you... I watch the show and I like the show... Not so much Jon or Kate, but the kids... I don't know that what they are doing is any worse than the Roloffs, or any other reality TV personality... I know people complain about Maddie being bratty and such, but the show where they had the yard sale and they gave to proceeds to pediatric cancer research, and the twins had a drink stand, and the money was theirs to do with as they wanted, and they decided to give that money to pediatric cancer research also made me see her in a different light... Jon and Kate have to be doing something good for these kids for them to give their money to help other children... The thing about divorce is, not the adults... They make the choice to be with each other or not, but the kids have no choice in the matter... It's like my friend that past away today, his son will be 3 in April, I know what it's like for a child too look at a picture of a parent and see a stranger, because my great nephews have that feeling every time they see a picture of their mother who was killed in a car accident when they were 3 and 4... My heart just goes out to children in that situation, and I also know what it's like for a child to have divorced parents, because my son is the product of a teenage per marrige pregnancy that ended in a bitter divorce when my son was 3... In the same light I know what it's like to be the product of a marriage kept together for the sake of the children or child, because it's what my mother did... She put up with my father's drunken, woman chasing, staying out for weeks on end ways until the day I turned 18, and the day I turned 18, I took her to the court house to file for divorce... I now have almost no contact with my father, because I grew up watching what I did... So for the sake of the children, I hope all is well...

I am hoping all is well too!! Everyone has problems and I hope they can work out theirs for the sake of the children.

Well if Jon were out creeping (and married to Kate, can't say as I'd blame him for being tempted), I doubt he would come out and admit it, so his denial doesn't convince me. He really doesn't seem like the type though, but who knows. I would say between having 8 young kids, and a harping wife, any man would be driven to the edge eventually, no matter how good of a guy he was.

I found this today -

Yes. When Jon appeared at the speaking engagement at Penn State University, he later told a group of people he went to a bar with that as of February 2, 2009, he and Kate had separated. He then said he was "divorcing her ass" once the TLC contract was up in one year. He no longer lives in Wernersville with the family and only goes there for filming the show. He reportedly lives with his mother in Huntington, PA. It has also been reported that when he is in Wernerville for filming, he lives in the 800 square foot apartment above the three-car garage. There are pictures of Jon with young college coeds all over the internet and he appears intoxicated in most of these pictures. He goes to Shorty's Bar in Kutztown, Legends Bar in Reading, and also various bars in Huntingdon when at his mom's. Jon recently purchased a condo in Utah (near Park City, the ski resort) and Kate is never home due to speaking engagements. They prefer this arrangement because they simply cannot tolerate one another. According to Jon at his Penn State appearance, they have gone through 15 nannies/babysitters and now are on their 16th - a Vietnamese nanny. So - they are just waiting for their TLC contract to be over to get a divorce and go there separate ways.

I'd like to believe this isn't true.

By the looks of the preview I saw this weekend, I tend to think it's true. I am surprised he could put up with her as long as he did, quite frankly. I feel bad for the kids, especially if the parents are going to live that far apart. Utah?

Whatever the truth is, I would think being all over the internet and tabloids would be reason enough to pull the plug on this show. If we are being fed a bunch of crap to boost ratings, or if something fairly innocent is being blown out of proportion, or if it's all the ugly truth. this needs to end.

Someone said, in a comment from one of the internet stories, that they felt so bad for them, since they live under a microscope. Well, I don't feel bad at all. That microscope is there because they want it to be there. It's not like other celebs, whose job is to act or sing, or whatever, and then TMZ, tabloids, etc... get all up in their personal lives.

This is Jon and Kate's job. It's what they've chosen to do. I would imagine is does put a strain on them. Kate really does come off as having no respect for her husband. I know there are many who will come to her defense, but I don't see how anyone can deny this. I'm not even talking about her controlling, anal, ways. Maybe that is necessary to be that way in order to run her household. I don't have a big problem with that. But I don't like the way she speaks to him, or how she treats him. She can say all she wants how much love their is in her family, but to me, her actions are not showing it. Not saying she needs to be all lovey dovey kissy face, but she does cut him down regularly.

I still think Monday, they are going to address all the rumors, come up with some kind of excuse, or maybe even an apology from Jon, but that they will say they are working things out and staying together.

But no matter what they say, they really ought to stop the show. I don't know if they can afford their new mansion without it... but if I were them, I'd rather be in a more modest home with my family intact, and not in the tabloids. It's not worth it.

I also think there is probably some ugliness with other family members and friends too. I don't know what it might be -- I've heard rumors, but don't always believe everything I read--- but I do think it odd that people who used to be on the show aren't anymore. I don't even think they're mentioned. Whether it's because they don't want to be on the show, or because of some falling out, I don't know. I just have a hunch that there is something ugly there......

I just hope, whatever the case, they stop doing the show. Did I mention that before?? :unsure:

OK So it seems they will be addressing the rumors after the commercial... Seems Jon has a hard time with not being Jon and Kate + 8, he wants to be just Jon...

ETA: Well, for those of you that want to see the end of the show, you may be getting your wish... They ended this season with "Maybe we'll be back, and maybe we won't"... Kate loves them doing the show, and Jon hates it...

I would be surprised if they stopped doing the show. Since Kate is in charge and she's happy with things I bet the show will soldier on. Also, as much as I'm normally on Jon's side, I have to say, what did he think was going to happen with letting the world in? There is no such thing as a free lunch.

I'm sure the show will return next year but maybe with a different name. Jon seemed pretty sure he doesn't want to do the show anymore so they may do it without him. I couldn't believe he was fallling a sleep at the Globe trotters game!!! He always seemed happy being part of jon,kate plus 8 before he got caught with his pants down. We shall see what happens.

Kate looks great!!

I didn't see all of the show last night, but I have read about it. So all the suspense was fake, as far as I'm concerned. It was just as I suspected. They only talked about how Jon is not that happy about the way his life is going with the show. He's famous, and not that thrilled about it. He doesn't get to 'go to work'. I can see his point. No interaction other than Kate, the kids, and the people from the show. I'm sure he misses doing something else-- something independent from his family. That was his role before, and now it has changed. Kate loves her role, and how their lives have changed because of the show. So... that is their conflict. Big deal. Jon -- if you don't want to do the show anymore, you're going to have to be more forceful that you appear on the show to keep Kate from getting her way. If you can't do that, then quit complaining. If you signed on to this against your better judgment, then you need to assert yourself now, and fix it. Good luck.

But to me, this isn't anything shocking or major. I always figured the show would end, and I would agree with Jon - it's time.

Since they didn't mention divorce, or rumors of cheating, it makes me wonder how true they might be.

It also could be another way to keep us interested. I am terribly disappointed that they have allowed themselves to be portrayed as though their marriage is in trouble, just to keep viewers interested. I'm also disappointed if all rumors are true, and this family is torn apart. If true -- I would blame the show. Well, not just the show -- because they agreed to do it. They weren't forced. And they could just walk away.

I hope the show doesn't end as those little children put a smile on my face and we all need that. I'm hoping Jon matures and can turn his life around and realizes how much the tv show has given his family.

I agree Ami... I don't want to see the show end either... As far as I am concerned, if they never showed Jon and Kate again it would be fine by me... They did address the rumors IMHO, just not by saying what the rumors were exactly... They even talked about the fact that they had a "helper" not a nanny, and that she would never be shown on camera, by her choice...

This is really really sad. I admit I don't like Kate because she seems kind of nasty to those around her, but she's one heck of a mom. I feel terrible for the children. It's horrible when families break up, especially when it's posted all over the place. Frig, let them heal in peace. I hope the pressure of the cameras around them didn't help hinder their marriage (though I suspect it did...I'm sure they're the ones who encouraged them to go on trips, get a pet, etc. All those things add more stress to an already tense/ultra busy situation). Maybe ending the show would be best so that they can have the time and privacy to work out whatever issues they may be having.

They haven't split up... The rumors that he was only living with Kate because of her breaking a hip was really that he was staying with his mom because she broke her foot...

Frig, let them heal in peace. I hope the pressure of the cameras around them didn't help hinder their marriage (though I suspect it did...I'm sure they're the ones who encouraged them to go on trips, get a pet, etc. All those things add more stress to an already tense/ultra busy situation).

I couldn't agree with this more. Even if it's all rumors, it still has to hurt. And about all the vacations and stuff like that -- so many people rag on Kate for always having her hand out, and getting all these freebies... But I have to wonder if any of these people who think it's so great have even traveled with small children. I never thought it was much fun, and while we did go on some vacations, it was always so wonderful to get home. And.. you didn't want to think about going anywhere again, for a long time.

I know we don't see every day of their lives, but it does seem like they have a awful lot of vacations and other types of outings that would completely drain me, if I had to do them too often. I know they probably have more help than the average family, but I still think it's just not all that much fun. Disney, skiing, Hawaii-- where ever they've gone, I'm sure they have some wonderful times, but also a lot of times where they just wish they were home.

I don't know if they do these things because they are given the opportunity, or if they are the types who can't stand to stay home and need to always be doing something.. I would think it would be hard to say 'no, we don't want to go on a free skiing trip with our 8 children because it would be too much work'. I wonder if they want to sometimes though.

Ivy, I have to agree... Even if it is rumors, it has to hurt... I am thinking that maybe Kate said no to the skiing last time and that is why Jon went alone with Cara...

Well if it's seriously causing them to have marital problems or deal with them, then it's time to turn off the cameras and just live. Like someone else said a few posts back, watching Jon and Kate isn't fun anyway - it's the kids. And if those younger kids start acting anything at all like Maddie, then I'd be done with them too.

And if those younger kids start acting anything at all like Maddie, then I'd be done with them too.

I have often thought that myself. I don't like to come down too hard on a kid, and she has had some really sweet moments, but far more bad ones. And, while I think they are all adorable and sweet, there is getting to be a lot more whining and fighting -- which is normal, I'm sure in any family. And when you have 6 the same age, it's just going to be magnified.

I have really mixed feelings about Kate. Sometimes I really like her-- I get her humor, and admire her organization. And it's obvious she loves, and is proud of all her children. But I hate when she nit picks on Jon. I know she acknowledges it, and says 'that's just me'. But it's hard to watch. I know Jon must be biting his tongue sometimes, in order to avoid an all out fight, but I think I would have bitten my tongue off by now, if I were him. From the few newer shows I've seen, I wonder if he's not putting his foot down more, and making Kate loosen up a bit.