Sign in to follow this  
joyami

Jon, Kate Plus 8.

I missed the show. Darn it!!

She doesn't have an army of people to take with her.. she's cut everyone out :hide:

OK in post number 71 you can sure tell I was on pain meds LMAO... Sorry about all the misspelled words... My whole point with the post, though was to say that they seem to make a bigger deal out of the little one's birthday than they do the twins... I don't think Jon and Kate are bad parents though... I don't think anyone is perfect, and for having that many children, that close in age, I think they do an excellent job... That's really all I have to say right now... Pain meds are kicking in again, and I don't want this post to look like the last one... :)

Well think about it. You have to make a bigger deal out of the super multiples, because the attention is spread out between 6 kids as opposed to just 2, or just one most families. And I would say the American Girl thing is a pretty darn big deal for a birthday --- I haven't seen them do anything like that for the little one's birthdays.

Do they ever mention Kate's parents? I have been watching the show off and on for a couple of years and have never heard anyone mention them.

They have talked about them before, but it's not the norm or anything... It's unusual to hear them talk about her parents...

I was waiting at the dentist's office and came across a copy of People magazine. I think it might be their most recent -- I don't know though -- didn't check the date. But they had a nice article on Jon and Kate. Apparently Kate's parent's choose to not be involved with the show. I would think they could be mentioned though -- but maybe now. And she has siblings who don't want to be involved either.

They had a nice picture of them at their wedding renewal. Cara really looks different -- more grown up. Anyway-- the kids steal the show. They are beautiful -- I guess Jon and Kate looked good too-- don't know-- didn't really notice them! ;)

I don't know if it's in the works, or just something they want to do, but they talked about adopting a baby from Korea. A girl -- so they can know what having just 1 is like. And they are going to be moving, a lot for privacy reasons.

I can't remember it all -- just a few bits and pieces. It was good though -- check it out if you can. I think Paul Newman was on the cover???? The dentist had some special dentisty cover on this one, so I don't remember for sure.

I've heard Kate talk about her parents and how they are not involved in their lives very much. Their loss as the children are so precious.

I thought it was just that they didn't want to be involved with the show, but maybe if you don't want to be involved with the show, you don't get to be that involved with their lives.

She did mention something in the article about some people -- friends and family-- who don't 'get them'. I take that as maybe they don't really approve of them doing the show. It's understandable. Look at the record of 'child stars' and how they turn out as adults. And while they are not 'stars' like we think of, like the stars of a movie or sitcom, they still get the extra attention. They would get that anyway, being a set of sextuplets, but not like what they are getting now.

I live in Iowa, not far from where those septuplets live. ( McCaughy??) They have an older daughter too, so they also have 8 kids. A big fuss was made at first, and they got a lot of gifts, but now I think they live a pretty normal life. Usually, there is an update somewhere on their birthday, either on Oprah, or some magazine. And the parents did make their living for awhile doing speaking engagements and stuff like that, but I think he just has a regular job now. I'm sure they get help still. I don't even know how old they are now- 10 maybe?? So, it can be done, living a life like anyone else. Jon and/or Kate could have regular jobs, and support their family. Some people act like there's no other way they could make a decent living with 8 kids. But come on -- I know it's unusual to have 6 the same age, but 8 kids isn't that unheard of. 5 kids in my family, 6 in my husbands, and I have friends who had 13 siblings. I also know some young families with 5 kids, and counting.

I think some people almost given a pass for over-exposing their kids because 'how else could they support them'. This is not their only choice.

They do get compensated well for being on this show, even besides all the perks. And it is their decision to do whatever they think is best for their family. But it also stated how the 'little kids' are so used to being filmed, it just seems normal to them. I don't know that that is a good thing.

I don't know -- those kids are so sweet, and I hate to see them turn into a bunch of spoiled rotten brats as they get older.

So, the 10 of them were on GMA this morning. Cara acted all sullen and pouty, for some reason. Mady didn't seem too over the top. The little ones were all really cute and behaving wonderfully. Kate made meatloaf, because they are on a tight budget -- riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! If they didn't have TLC, I can see where money might be really tight, but seriously, do they really expect us to believe they are hurting for money when they have their own TV show? I was born at night, but not last night! Oh, and Kate said her tummy tuck was so worth it blah blah. Well, yeah, easy to say when you get a freebie! I'm sure it would still be great even if she'd paid for it, but dang, let's be real.

Oh, I'm sorry I missed them on GMA. Maybe I can find it on youtube or something.

I wonder what other parents of multiples think about what Jon and Kate are doing. I would think a lot would be somewhat disapproving. But they might choose to say nothing at all, because they may have had to put up with too much advice and critiques themselves.

Did you see that Kate has a book out?

I missed their new home. Has anyone seen it? It was on last night, I think.

I also feel, Kate has mellowed a bit this season. Maybe because the children are growing or she is more comfortable in front of a camera and making a very good living at it.

The kids are so darn precious!! Love Jon too.

The book has been out a while, and she's working on a second one now... They didn't show a lot of the new house last night, but they did say that the bedrooms were smaller, and the living area's much bigger, and that they liked that, cause it sort of forced the kids into the communal living areas... I do know it's got a lot of land with it, and Kate said that Cara didn't want to move, which makes me think they moved to a new town, and the kids aren't going to the same school...

OMG, I didn't realize it is her second book!!

The second one isn't out yet... The first one is called Mutiple Blessing with one of the s being replaced with an 8... The second one is called Eight Little Faces... You can buy them both on Amazon, but Eight Little Faces hasn't been released yet, so it's pre-order...

I am going to ask my girls to get them for me as a Mother's day gift. It will be a perfect gift for me. Thank you Yana.

You're very welcome Joy...

Has anyone else noticed that Kate seems to be getting bored doing the show? Is it just me? Jon still seems enthusiastic.

She has changed so much since the early years. She's much calmer now than she use to be. Still has OCD but lets things slide a bit more. Could it be all the money they are making? Don't get me wrong, I still watch the show and enjoy it most of the time but it has changed so much now that the children are older. Perhaps it should go to a "special" format. Like Christmas shows, birthdays and vacations. Just a thought.

Kate seems much more concerned with how she looks than before. She is so thin! Jon even made some comment about Kate and her salads.

I noticed last night that they are trying to make it seem like Jon and Kate might be having marital troubles in the adds for next weeks episode...