Sign in to follow this  
joyami

Jon, Kate Plus 8.

I'm not really sure that discussing this, and sharing our opinions necessarily means anyone is 'hating on them'. I'm quite sure that TLC paid for the whole thing, in some way. Maybe the hotel put them up for free for advertising. Whatever... It's part of the deal for them doing this show. No one would do it without any compensation or perks.

And I don't have any problem with them doing this. But I think wedding renewal ceremonies are stupid, in general. Just the wedding industry getting you to think you need to buy more stuff..

I don't watch the show regularly. I find it funny the strong reactions people have. I don't love them or hate them. The kids are adorable.

I do wonder how long they will keep going with the show though. That's kind of why I brought up 'why the 9th anniversary?'. I wonder if it's a bit of a swan song. Maybe they have decided the time is right to live their lives without the cameras, and a beautiful party in Hawaii is the best way to do it???

I'm not saying they should or they shouldn't. I'm just wondering..... They are going to have to pull the plug on the show at some point. Aren't they???

Ok, now I think they are milking this cow for all it is worth! A renewal for your ninth anniversary! I guess that is a long time in today's society but come on - your 9th???? They would not be doing this if it was not being paid for. I liked the show and have watched quite a few episodes but it is overkill at this point if you ask me.

That's kind of what I think, but didn't want to be accused of hating on them. I don't -- no outrage or jealousy here at all. But I do think maybe it's time to consider stopping this show. This seems incredibly unnecessary. I'd rather they just sent them on a trip to Hawaii, and left the wedding renewal out. Just my opinion....

I'm glad you feel safe to post your opinions, after all that's what a message board is about really right? Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I personally hope they don't stop the show anytime soon... I enjoy it... But that's JMHO...

I agree...everyone's entitled to their opinion and we come to message boards to share it, so why can't we do it respectfully?

I've watched the show off and on... the tups make me laugh, they're so cute!

As for the parents...I dunno. I admire Kate's organization skills, but she comes off a bit shrew-like...or maybe it's

just a coincidence that whenever I do watch, she's always yelling!

Apparently, someone wrote this article about why Kate's wonderful and Jon's not. Just goes to show

there's never any shortage of opinions :animated_scratchchin:

http://www.momlogic.com/2008/09/kate_is_gr...s_john_hate.php

so why can't we do it respectfully?

That statement sounded like you are suggesting that people haven't been respectful in this thread. (They have been) Maybe you didn't mean it that way.

I definately agree with you that there are no shortage of opinions on this family. The blogosphere J&K+8 war is in full tilt! I got caught up in reading all the crap that's out there for a few days, but I'm over it now. Back to enjoying watching the family as they make their way through this chaotic life.

To comment about whether or not they should hang up the cameras. I hope not, because I really enjoy the show. It may be a crazy life, but it's their life. LOL and I love watching it all unfold.

REALLY looking forward to the vow renewal episode! The kids look so cute in their little outfits. I wonder if they understood what Mom and Dad were doing.

Oh...btw, welcome Carissa. I hope you stick around and post some more.

Did you catch this episode of Regis and Kelly...only it was Mark and Kelly for the day. They say they definately don't want to deliver anymore babies but would love to adopt. :huh: sheesh....I guess that once you have 8 tossing one more in the mix doesn't matter. Since Jon is Korean, I suppose that is why they are thinking of adopting a girl from Korea.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty chaotic interview. Jon and Kate didn't look very comfortable. BUT, I love seeing the kids. So cute.

Jon, Kate, and the Kids on Regis and Kelly

Well, since you brought it up, post #49 was snarky towards me, but truly, I don't care. I will still post my opinion when I think it's appropriate. That being said, I agree that the kids are adorable, but I do think Mady has (or will have) issues. I love the little guy with the glasses - Joel, I think. The little ones are too cute! But I do think Kate has control issues and I think she belittles Jon sometimes, and I don't really like that side of her. He comes back at her every now and then, but generally, he doesn't stand up to her much. JMHO of course.

Oh and I agree that 9 is a weird choice for a renewing vows thing, and I do think that the whole wedding industry does promote that sort of thing for big bucks. I'd be just as happy taking a trip to Hawaii minus the vows thing. Now, where did I put those 13 kids?? :animated_rotfl:

All right -- I have to comment on that video from 'Regis and Kelly'. Who set that up? For crying out loud... little chairs for the adults. Giant crayons and pencils, meant for decoration, and the kids probably would have messed with them anyway, but the Kelly basically tells them to. So that's all you could see. Mady, I think hits one of the little girls with the giant crayon, then proceeds to pretend to write on the floor with it. And this happened right away-- chaos!

I used to teach preschool, so I know all about sitting on those little chairs. And in a skirt yet! No wonder Kate didn't look completely comfortable. She was probably worried about letting us all look up her skirt!

Bad, bad segment.

And to snark -- hate Kate's hair. I hate that style so bad -- so many women here have it. They cut the back really short and mess it up, then leave the front long and straight, like dogs' ears. This trend needs to end.

Wow - that is some BAD hair -- you are so right Ivy. There oughta be a law against it. That segment was truly a mess. Some producer I'm sure thought it would be great, but as you said, chaos is the word. It's a wonder no one lost an eyeball with those giant pencils.

I just visited the official web site for the family and this is at the bottom of the main page... I think it's something wonderful for them to have done...

Thanks for visiting...so many have helped us in the past and we want to help others in need. We will be donating a portion of the proceeds from the website to families in need and charity organizations (our cause of choice? Pediatric cancer research).

Thanks for being a part by visiting our site!

On Saturday, September 20th we had a yard sale to benefit The Pediatric Cancer Foundation. We raised $1106.61 of which 100% will be donated to PCF, our favorite charity. If you would like to learn more please click on the following link www.pcfweb.org.

Oh and Sugar, Aaden is the one with glasses... LOL It's scary that I know them just by looking at them... I can even look back at the very first special and can tell you each child by name... I watch the show too much I guess... I do have to agree with a couple of things that have been said though... Kate is a little too anal about things sometimes, and Mady is going to be a real mess if some kind of control over her temper isn't gained... I think she is begging for some quality attention from BOTH Jon and Kate, and not just one day a year where she gets to go do something with them, she needs more than that in my opinion...

Here's the children in photos... They should be in birth order, but I could have them out of place LOL...

Cara born October 8th, 2000 CaraGosselin.jpg

Madelyn born October 8th, 2000 mady1.jpg

Aaden born May 10th, 2004 Aaden.jpg

Hannah born May 10, 2004 HANNAH.jpg

Alexis born May 10, 2004 AlexisGosselin2.jpg

Collin born May 10, 2004 collingosselin.jpg

Leah born May 10, 2004 leahgosselin.jpg

And last born, Joel born May 10, 2004 joel.jpg

ETA: I had to fix the pictures... Some weren't showing up...

They are all such beautiful children!! Love, love the show.

OMG hnybny, I have to agree with u. Kelly wouldn't shut her mouth. Also those crayon thingys. WTH! Those kids are under the age of five, didn't they think they would hurt themselves.

I doubt that it will ever be seen here. but I would like to send a HUGH happy birthday to Cara and Mady Gosselin!!!

Hi Yana, I was thinking about the girls today too.... Wondering what they were doing for their birthday. I hope they had a fun day and did something special.

I am sure if they ever do read it SerenityNow, they will appreciate it... I don't know if they don't get as much attention on their birthday as the six do, but I want them to know they are thought about too... I even went over to their website and sent them a birthday card... My mom's birthday is today too, so there's no way I can forget it LOL...

Well, I don't know what they've done every year, but I did see the one for their 6th, I believe??? Not sure -- but they went to New York to the American Girl store, and it was a HUGE deal. huge....

It was so funny -- at their 'tea room', or whatever they call it where they have their lunch, there are of course other families with their daughters there. They even give the dolls high chairs, and table service, etc... Anyway-- there were some dads there too, and they just looked so funny. But I love it -- good for them to be able to sit through something like that for their daughters. I'm pretty sure at some point they will want their daughters to sit through something they don't really care about either!

Personally, I don't think kids need a huge blowout party every year -- even sextuplets. A couple of them throughout their childhood will make those memories even more special.

I've never seen what they done for the 'little kids' on their birthdays. But I was glad to see the did something so nice for Mady and Cara, and also that it didn't involve any of the other kids. I'm sure it gets old being the big sisters, all of the time.

Kate -- I don't know -- she can seem like such a shrew at times. But then I think she realizes that. She kind of came down on Jon for not taking charge when they are out and about, but then said how only she can do it right, so she might as well do it anyway. Jon pointed out how she contradicted herself, and she acknowledged it.

It's really not so bad if someone knows they are a bit controlling. And Jon knows this and accepts it. It works for them. I'm sure glad my husbands accepts my flaws and loves me anyway. And some of Kate's flaws are what makes her able to raise these kids. Imagine someone who is disorganized trying to do it. It would be chaos.

I watch the show, and sometimes I just cringe at Kate. She interrupts Jon, she snaps at him and gets bent out of shape for little things. But I like her -- weird huh.

As you all know, I love this show. When I started this thread a year ago, I wan't aware so many of us watched it.

Kate is growing on me more now that she is a little more calm. Love Jon. He is such a sweetie.

I saw that show Ivy, but for some reason I didn't think it was their birthday, but I do remember Kate making them a cake and telling Jon to keep them outside until she finnished the cake... I also remember her saying she doesn't know why they keep doing it, because the twins know they do it every year, and that they should do should do something different... I always thought the Aermican Doll trip was for Christmas?

I have seen what they do for the little one thought, and it's way over the top... One year they did a circus theme complete with clows and anaimal rides, and Jon and Uncle Kevin even built game stands for them to play carnavial type games, I haven't ever seen them do something that over the top for the twins... Maybe you are right though and the American Girl trip was was.

You know, I just don't get these big huge birthday parties, especially for anyone under 5. Usually, they are just too much for these little ones to enjoy. The honoree ( or honorees,) usually get tired and cranky before it's all over.

I guess I don't know about the American Girl thing. I assumed is was for their birthday. They both got new 'girls', as they call them, rather than 'dolls'.

They also took Mady and Cara to a photo shoot for some reason. I don't know -- maybe it was a Mady and Cara themed marathon or something.

I can't help thinking, when they do these things, how much it must be costing them. But then again, it's probably not costing them. The show or the sponsor is paying. Trust me -- American Girl dolls are not cheap. Neither is anything that goes with them. I can't imagine what it costs to take your dolls to a tea party.

I thought Kate was just fine tonight when she looked for her dress. They made it sound like she was going to be super-demanding, but she didn't ask them to do anything out of line-- just a few alterations to make the dress more 'hers'.

It was pretty -- she was nice-- direct and to the point--and I think happy with the whole experience.

She went by herself -- I don't think I've ever seen that before on this show. Usually, people go the other way and bring an army with them.

I think it was good she went by herself. She knows what she likes and what she wants.