Sign in to follow this  
joyami

Jon, Kate Plus 8.

LOL, She had a blast at the pottery place. But, she had to sit far away, concentrate on her own project, and not look over at what was going on. Funny! Those projects turned out really nice.

OMG, I forgot how she sat by herself and couldn't look at the kids. She is too much.

OMG!! All I can say to Kate is STOP!! PLEASE!! Those little kids aren't going to remember all the "fun" things you let them do, they're going to remember the yelling, scolding and controlling. You don't need to do everything yourself and everything doesn't need to be perfect. I mean in the grand scheme of things, will it matter in 20 years, or for that matter, tomorrow? Do you really want to turn even one of your precious little children into a "mini-me"? It is obvious that you and Jon both love all your children very much. Please take heed from the 63 year old mother of a 42 year old son and 38 year old daughter. This will come back some day to bite you in the butt. I guess the main moral of this is "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff", because it really all is so small.

Just another "suggestion", let Jon be interviewed by himself some of the time. You tend to finish his sentences and cut him off or make him look foolish and I would think he gets tired of feeling demasculated. Amen.

I'd like to suggest to Kate that she save some of her's and Jon's old long sleeved shirts and put them on the little kids when they are gonna do a project that might get their clothes dirty.

Great posts Kechris!

I love to watch this show, but the only thing that bothers me is not Kate but the twins. When they have their tantrums, I have to turn the station. My kids were not perfect either, BUT I did not allow temper tantrums! I also realize that Kate and Jon are being taped, so any form of corporal punishment (what's wrong with spanking) would be a "no". Too bad. Can you imagine 4 years from now and the sextuplets acting like the twins? Super Nanny should come in for a visit otherwise they are going to lose control of their household.

I agree, Kate needs to chill out. But, it seems to work for her and Jon. The only thing that I don't think is right, is the way that she tends to belittle him during interviews. I feel bad for him sometimes because I think he gets embarrassed. They really should get control of Mady.

I don't know about Jon & Kate. He is pretty strict, but I wonder if he has learned that it isn't worth going against Kate. I do worry about the kids tho', especially the twins. I think Mady acts up out of frustration. She's crying out for something and they need to get a handle on it. You can't ignore these things, because it will come back to bit them in the a_ _. I know, because when my son was 5 or 6 and started school, he started demonstrating uncontrollable anger and throwing little fits at school. It turns out that he was probably molested sometime around that age and then he in turn molested his sister. That is almost always a learned behavior and unfortunately, I didn't find out until they were adults. They are 38 (her) and he is 42 and pretty screwed up.

I watch it, but, I"m angry the whole time...so why watch? Kate gives bossy and rude a whole new name.

I don't know how Jon puts up with her...she is awful. I understand that they need to be organized, but,

not to let the kids be kids is ...well...!!!! And Mady...that little girl needs a reality check, if you know what

I mean...Kate makes my blood pressure soar. What did I read about her booting "Aunt Jodie"? Could

that really be? Thanks for listening...

The thing that Kate needs to realize is that you don't always see the results of your parenting until these kids reach adulthood, and then it's usually too late. If she reads these blogs, I am begging her to quit sweating the small stuff!! It is not any of the 8 kids fault that they were all pretty much born at the same time. But I really do feel that they are the ones who are paying the price. And Jon needs to grow some b_ _ _ _ and quit agreeing with her on everything. They are his too and I feel pretty sure that he wasn't raised the way he is helping raise these precious little children. I did read something about Kate's family not being in their lives and I wonder what her issues are. Her controlling behavior is a sign and symptom of a traumatic and/or dysfunctional childhood. I haven't heard anything about Aunt Jodie, but I do know that on several occasions Kate voiced her disapproval at something they were allowed to do at Jodie's house. So, I wouldn't doubt it if Kate did stop using her. Even if I were her friend, I would NEVER volunteer to take care of all the kids. OMG, I had two children and quite honestly, that was one too many for me. I love my children, but as a working mother (which I was for 30 yrs.) I never felt as good about parenting 2 as I did when I just had one. And I don't just love all children. If they know how to behave then I think they are precious, but if they are brats, I might just ask you to leave them at home. Sorry, but that's just me.

I'm just getting so sick of Jon and Kate taking, taking, taking, from the network and fans! Every show should be listed as "where does Kate want us to pay her to take her family to this week?" It's really getting out of hand!! It's like the saying goes, you give someone an inch and they take a mile. First it was a church speaking engagement, then off skiing, then off to DisneyWorld, then to North Carolina, now where, will she want to head out of the country, at least if they did go to Korea, it would have something to do with their heritage, but No, Kate will probably want to run around in her swimsuit somewhere with her plastic surgery body in some tropical island somewhere....Maybe they will skip a vacation in one or two of the upcoming episodes to put some of that money towards building a new home in warmer USA!!!

LOL, I disagree with you in this thread to..

I'm not sure what it is you want them to do with their lives. Just sit around at home and be filmed? They deserve a life like everybody else. Just because it took several episodes to air the summer vacation doesn't mean they are always going on extravagant trips somewhere. If they never went anywhere, that would make for some boring reality tv, especially as the kids get older.

I love Jon and Kate! They may not communicate well all the time, but its obvious their family is their top priority.

Looks like a new house in the future for them. Can't wait to see it!!

I finally saw the 'gum-gate' episode. Yeah -- Kate was a little bit over-the-top. I think we've all probably reacted poorly, when upset on occasion. And gum can drive you nuts. I thought she was a little harsh with the bear.

But... I do think Aunt Jodi should have known better than to give them gum. And if she knows Kate at all, she ought to have know how Kate would react.

I saw a bit of a preview for a Q and A show with Jon and Kate. Apparently someone does ask them when they will turn the cameras off.

Maddie would drive me nuts. I never see or hear too much from Kara. All the 'little kids' are so cute and sweet. Just adorable. Maddie and Kara have their cute and sweet moments too.

Rumor alert--- I heard Jon and Kate are doing some vow renewal thing for their 9th anniversary, and that she went to the store they feature in "Say Yes to the Dress', fell in love with 2 gowns, and is getting something combining the two.

I will refrain from comment until this is confirmed, or denied.

More free stuff, no doubt. She is gonna ride this for all it's worth!

I've seen a picture of the renewal... they do it in Hawaii... the kids look freaking adorable

I went and tracked down the picture

kjplus8.jpg

Bet that is a fun filled flight! I should have pushed out more kids and I might get to do cool crap too! :animated_rotfl:

I just don't get vow renewals, in general. It seems like an excuse for another wedding... Maybe it's good, because then is some of these women know they can basically have another wedding with the same guy, they won't get a divorce, and have to find another groom.

But anyway -- even if you're into the 'renewal' thing.. why do it for the 9th? If that's right-- guess I'm not 100% sure. Why not wait for the 10th? Are they going to quit doing the show, so it's now or never?

I wonder if there is some kind of demand for it. They needed another 'big deal' to cover? People show a lot of interest in their first wedding, so this is the next best thing?

eh-- whatever. I'm not really jealous of them for going to Hawaii. I would love to go, but not with 8 kids!

Or probably some kind of deal with TLC. I suppose they think it will be good for both shows. Bravo has been doing that too. It's not always a good idea.

Hawaii is a beautiful place to do a renewal, we went for our seventh aniversary and loved it, but I didn't think 7 was a good year to do a renewal, and I am guessing that the dress cost someone some money... I don't think the store is just going to give it to Kate, because they already have their own show, but TPTB might have bought the dress for her, and it's nothing unusual about them combining two dresses for a bride, most stores do that, and the one from SYTTD has shown it being done for other brides... I really don't see the problem here...

Who said there is a problem? But I will betcha money someone besides Kate paid for that dress and the trip and the whole shebang! Not a problem, just another perk of doing the show and having cameras on you and your kids in your everyday (sort of ) life. And good point Ivy - as much as I'd like to go to Hawaii, going there with 8 kids really doesn't sound all that fun!

I didn't say any one had a problem with it, it was just a general statement... :)

"Bet that is a fun filled flight! I should have pushed out more kids and I might get to do cool crap too! "

Yeah maybe u should have pushed more kids out, but u didn't so the show is about Jon and Kate. If u did maybe it could have been "Sugarb plus 13".

Why people are "hating" on these people is beyond me. If someone is offering me something, am going to take it. If it benefits my family, even better. Nobody can tell me if they were in Kate's shoes, they wouldn't do the same thing.

If u don't like her, then am sure there are a hundred other shows u can watch.

OMG, the kids look beautiful!!

They've often said, they loved their wedding but it wasn't the wedding of their dreams. Happy for them. Plus, the kids get to go!! How great is that!