Jon, Kate Plus 8.

• Please log in to reply
385 replies to this topic

#1 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:35 AM

Does anyone watch this show? I've been watching it off and on since it first aired.

#2 crustylugholes

crustylugholes

• Pip
  • 901 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:04 PM

I really enjoy this show. Those babies are just too cute!~

Kate really needs to chill out a bit though. She's so anal she makes Jon, the older girls and herself stress out for no real reason at all.
(Ex: It shouldn't matter who uses what color of sippy cup. Buy all the same color. And the sporks the little ones have to eat with are more trouble than they're worth. The kids couldn't even make them work and wound up using their little hands anyway.)

#3 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 02:11 AM

I always feel bad for Jon because Kate is so controlling.
I have enjoyed seeing the babies grow, they are adorable.

#4 corgilover2

corgilover2

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 10:46 AM

Kate is a total *itch. Jon should take the kids and leave. She needs to step back and take a look at how good her life really is.

#5 befbifbeth

befbifbeth

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:19 AM

I don't think kate's a bitch, I have 2 kids and about lose my mind-so if she can handle 8 that well... clap.gif
I think she only gets so stressed with the cups, because she is trying to keep ALL color coded(pottys, clothes, ...)
I loved the one where they went to Disneyworld! cartoon_tinkerbell.gif

#6 Joah

Joah

• Pip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

I saw the show for the first time a few weeks ago ....after looking for it forever. Anyway, my initial reaction was "Kate is a mean fart... ...and poor husband," but like the pp.......

I see it totally differently now. If she wasn't so demanding, their life would be absolutely nuts. The kids are great and more behaved than many I have seen for their age. I break down with one child, so imagining how I would handle some of the things she has to IN AN HOUR ...............she's a saint.

I really think you HAVE to put your foot down to have order and get anything done with that many children.

The thing I don't like is ....sometimes she says one thing, the father realizes her plan isn't going to work so suggests something else (different flip flops instead of sandals mom said the child must wear to the amusement park) .............he then gets yelled at for his stupid decision, she tells her child to wear the sandals, and then gives 30 minutes later after a "discussion" to what the father already knew was best.

Seems like in the newer episodes I have seen, he speaks up more.

#7 Boriqua&Proud

Boriqua&Proud

• Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:47 AM

I love this show. Jon and Kate are great.

Yes, Kate can be a little overbearing, but we are not in her position with 6 little ones and now 2 in school. Kate keeps a very clean house, which some people cant keep decent with just one kid. The best part is that she cooks her meals and not take out. I only have one, and bitch and moan when i have to cook. She is anal, but sooooo loves those kids and Jon.

The kids are pretty well behaved considering there are so many. They fight, whine, sometimes don't want to share, but thats normal and that is what makes me like them.

Keep up the good work Jon and Kate!!!!!!!!

#8 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:25 AM

This show is wonderful, isn't it? Still feel Kate needs to chill a little.

#9 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

The babies are 3.5 yrs now. Wow, they are so darn cute.
Kate seems to have chilled out a little!!

#10 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:56 PM

Keeps getting better and better. If you haven't seen it, give it a try.
You will fall in love with the little kids.

#11 snancypants

snancypants

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

I had never seen this and about 3 weeks ago they had a marathon showing a lot of the old shows. Now I am hooked! Can you imagine what a chore it would be to have 6 babies!!! I was not as organized as she was and I only had one at a time!

#12 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:13 PM

I can't even imagine it Snancy. I love the children so much and have enjoyed seeing them grow over the years.
Kate is calming down a bit as time goes on and not as much of a control freak. Jon is great with the kids.
Love, Love, Love the show.
Love this picture of them.

#13 Mendes56

Mendes56

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:48 PM

This is one of my favorite shows. I like Kate and think her and Jon complement each other. She does seem to over talk him a little in their interviews but I love the faces he makes in response.

I think she is calming down a bit, maybe because the kids are getting older or because she's seen herself on TV.

In any case, as with the Roloffs on "Little People, Big World", we get to see the real people warts and all. That's what draws me to the show (along with the adorable children).

#14 snancypants

snancypants

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

I saw the episode where she showed the world her belly after housing 6 babies! I was so happy that Dr and his wife did the surgery for her to let her tummy tighten up a bit.

You are right Joy that picture is so good! I wonder how long it took to take it! LOL They are really good parents and pretty much have done this by themselves. I was way impressed.

#15 Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 04:57 PM

I've only seen a few episodes, but Kate just doesn't seem happy...ever. But I do think Jon is a great Dad.

#16 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Mendes, my other favorite show is Little People, Big World. Love it too.

Two great shows that are good for the soul.

Francis, Kate is very a happy just has so much to do and she is a perfectionist.

#17 SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

OMG I saw that tummy tuck episode too. I thought my after baby belly was a mess, but hers seriously did need that surgery. I thought she was a beotch at first too, but she keeps those kids on a schedule (sanity depends on it with multiples) and she handles them wonderfully. They are basically very good kids.

#18 kitten_200

kitten_200

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 05:25 PM

i too love this show...... i totally understand where kate comes from you have to keep order in a house with that many kids as a mother of twins and a 15 year old and a 16 year old sometimes you have to seem like you are a *itch but i do agree she needs to listen to hubby a lil more as i have had to learn to listen to mine a lil more but you have to remember dad isnt always home for things they work all day and you get the house and kids and all the fighting and problems and my twins do fight alot i cant imagine have 6 the same age

#19 joyami

joyami

• LFU
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:02 AM

Did anyone see last nights episode "twins 4th birthday"?
OMG, I'm sure the bakers shop workers couldn't wait for Kate to leave!!!

#20 SerenityNow

SerenityNow

• Pip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:49 AM

I was thinking the same think, Joy. If she didn't want those kid's yellow church clothes to get dirty, she should have dressed them differently; or even *gasp* not care if a they got a little messy. She's so neurotic about *clean* and messes. I wonder if she still cleans her kitchen floor three times a day. That's craziness.

Anyway, the kids looked adorable and they ended up having a good time making their little cakes. OH! and I was yelling at my tv when she wouldn't let them eat them. It's their birthday. Can't she break the rules just once? Let the kids eat their birthday cake, for gosh sakes.

Honestly, I don't know how Jon puts up with her sometimes. She seems so mean with some of the things she says. They do seem to get along well though. So, good for them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users